Having Issues since Wed.'s Patch.

Moderator: Littlabit

Quirel
Whee!

Having Issues since Wed.'s Patch.

Postby Quirel » Wed May 25, 2011 3:20 pm

Not sure if I'll be on tonight or when I'll be back on. Having issues since this mornings patch. Everytime I start up eq it gets thru the patcher and then closes and gives me the eqgame.exe has encountered an error and must close deal... have deleted eqgame.exe and repatched adn same thing happens... have deleted various other files along with that one and still receiving that error... so in the middle of reinstalling eq to see what luck I have with that. So if I don't make it on tonight g'luck on raid and I'll see you guys when I can...

Rel

Glauri
Whee!

Re: Having Issues since Wed.'s Patch.

Postby Glauri » Wed May 25, 2011 7:27 pm

I hate patch days :(
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Quirel
Whee!

Postby Quirel » Fri May 27, 2011 5:49 pm

Here it is Friday... I'm still having the same issue... I'm really getting tired of the window's message.. EQGame.Exe has encountered a problem and must close. Sorry for the inconvience. I've gone thru the tech support thing with SoE and they were about as helpful as a box of rocks. so don't know when or if I'll get this issue straightened out.. so be back when I can...

rel

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Fri May 27, 2011 5:56 pm

Hang in there...maybe do a google search of possible solutions? I wish I had better advice for you.
Glauri

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Fri May 27, 2011 6:54 pm

Anything in http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=176503 that is of help?

edit -- nevermind, it appears you have posted to it already. Carry on!

Deidlit
Whee!

Postby Deidlit » Fri May 27, 2011 11:22 pm

I've had a crashing issue since the last patch as well, every 2 or 3 times I zone I get kicked out to log in with an invalid log in error. Sometimes I get kicked back out when trying to load from character select as well, although this kicks me out just to server select with a message that I may have been disconnected from the patch server.

I have a tech support ticket in, but haven't gotten anything besides the automatic reply yet. I did just buy a new computer since mine is dying and I've been overdue for an upgrade (and it never worked that well from the start...), so if tech support can't fix it then maybe new hardware can!

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sat May 28, 2011 12:23 pm

they can't tell you what they don't know.
Oh wait! They can lie to you . . .yeah, they know how to "improvise".

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Tue May 31, 2011 5:41 am

I was having that exact issue last fall on three different computers. I did the complete new download and it has worked since. I don't know if that is what you mean by reinstalling it or not. I then copied over my ui files, etc, and it worked.

Good luck. I hope you get it resolved.

Quirel
Whee!

Postby Quirel » Tue May 31, 2011 9:27 am

I finally heard something back from SoE tech support peeps... apparently during this last patch they updated some libraries to include SSE/SSE2 instructions... well apparently my processor doesn't support these new updates they did so will have to wait until the next patch before they take them out and rebuild the libraries without this... so looks like I won't be able to play until next patch or I get a new comp... the next patch seems more realistic atm for me...so guess I get to sit around and wait for the next patch to come.. when ever this may be... wasn't given an eta or anything on it... so til they fix this I won't be able to log in.. even though my brother may log me in from time to time to box me while he plays I won't actually be back until who knows when...

rel

figured I'd stick the reply I got from SoE in here as well... and reading the last line it sorta ticks me off that they would say something like that to a customer who is already having enough issues since the hack.... and now they saying how nice it would be if they didn't have to support the processors we currently have... My bad.. sorry I can't run out and buy a whole new computer right now, and still be able to pay you guys so we can play our games...

It looks like one of our libraries got updated and now includes SSE instructions, so if you're using a processor that does not support them (very old Athlon XP processors), it will crash. I'll remove those instructions for the next patch. Though it would sure be nice if we didn't have to support those older processors anymore (it holds back performance for everyone else).

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Tue May 31, 2011 10:09 am

I agree Quirel...pretty tacky of SoE, although I expect nothing more from them :(
Glauri

Quirel
Whee!

Postby Quirel » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:08 pm

after browsing thru the SoE forums this evening, which I've been doing several times a day since last patch I came across a post from one of the devs that said he had patched the test server with the rebuilt libraries that will be going live next week. Since the last patch where some sse/sse2 code was introduced into the libraries I have been unable to log in to either the test server or the live servers.. but after todays patch on test I can now log into that, so it looks like I will be able to log back into the live servers starting on the 15th... yay!!!

rel

Zahashah
Whee!

Postby Zahashah » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:29 pm

Awesome!!!!!
Will be nice to have you back!!! :mrgreen:

dancing_cat-12753.gif
dancing_cat-12753.gif (221.7 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
"It is good to have an end to journey towards:
but it is the journey that matters in the end." ~Ursula K Le Guin

Quirel
Whee!

Postby Quirel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:29 pm

Yay!!! EQ works again!!! atleast until the next patch....

rel

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:07 pm

Grats! At the very least, you deserve an award for perseverance!
Glauri

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:11 pm

welcome back