Once again contemplating a return...

Moderator: Littlabit

Deidlit
Whee!

Once again contemplating a return...

Postby Deidlit » Sun May 22, 2011 2:36 am

Hey all,

I think I've been re-bitten by the mmo bug, and am really considering coming back to EQ. I have the time for it again finally, but haven't decided one way or another yet. I guess I just have a few questions:

I'd be able to make a couple of raids a week, would it be very difficult to get caught up on any relevant keys/flags? I have never stepped foot in the last 2 expansions having quit during SoD.

Would catching up on gear/augs be much of a challenge? I noticed that things have gotten a bit crazy gear-wise since I quit.

How are mages doing currently? Still able to solo effectively in any sort of relevant content? I don't think I'll be two-boxing anymore for financial reasons, and since I'll still be playing in the middle of the night on my days off (I work 3rd shift) I'd like to know I can get some stuff accomplished on my own if need be.

I guess thats about it for questions. I'm leaning towards reactivating the first week of June if it seems feasable, and would love to see a bunch of you guys in game again.

Deidlit

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Re: Once again contemplating a return...

Postby Jaffod » Sun May 22, 2011 5:07 am

I would log in before may 22nd - you will get 45 days free that way

Deidlit
Whee!

Postby Deidlit » Sun May 22, 2011 5:19 am

Jaffod wrote:I would log in before may 22nd - you will get 45 days free that way

Even though I wasn't a current subscriber during the outage? If that's the case I may patch this morning when I get home from work...and its going to be a long patch with 2 expansions to download, I suspect.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun May 22, 2011 5:21 am

Yes all accounts gets it
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Deidlit
Whee!

Postby Deidlit » Sun May 22, 2011 5:54 am

That's great news! I just reset my passwords, will start the patch when I get home and will try to log in tonight after I wake up, at least to say hi and attempt re-piece the shambles of what was once my UI back together.

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Sun May 22, 2011 6:03 am

This makes me very happy.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Sun May 22, 2011 9:22 am

Deidlit I think you will like the new xpan (House of Thule) a lot. I was gone for a good long stretch and came back having missed UF and HoT expansions, but HoT expan (and a little help from friends :)) allowed me to get back to snuff in fairly short order.

Oak
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Postby Nlannie » Sun May 22, 2011 10:21 am

Deidlit! The new expansion is pretty fun!

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon May 23, 2011 5:49 am

Mages do pretty good moloing in HoT. A mage pet with good defensive AAs and a merc healer can handle most named. The pulls aren't too bad in most places, you can usually get singles or maybe two mobs which you should be able to handle well enough. Dream fragments for rank 2 spells are selling cheap enough in the baz that you're probably better off buying them rather than the rank 1's from the venders in Feerrott. All you need for progression is really one mission per zone (the rest are just prerequesits for getting the mission with the exception of the very last one, Morell Ascendant), so you can get someone else to request them or get a taskadd.

Once you start going through progression you can buy some very nice gear from Rotharran Radhelm in Feerrott using Dream Motes, the new alternate currency. The level of gear you can buy is locked by progression and faction, but neither is hard to do. Motes are tradable.

CN also has our own neighorhood for player housing. You can find it on the drop-down when you click the gate in the Guild Lobby to zone into the housing area.

Raid-wise you'll do fine. Ommina feeds us all into meetgrinders and sometimes we get loot, sometimes we're just sausage.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon May 23, 2011 2:23 pm

I got 45 days and I have not played since 2007/8

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Mon May 23, 2011 3:59 pm

Jaffod wrote:I got 45 days and I have not played since 2007/8

250.875 ?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

is that Trab's CNP?