If all EQ characters got erased...

Moderator: Littlabit

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue May 03, 2011 7:50 pm

What class and why would you play that class? Can throw in race if you like.

For me, It would narrowed down to a hybrid melee or melee. Paladin, Shadowknight, or Monk

Paladin - Originally It was my first high level toon. I beame bored with the class when it was stagnated due to whining of its parent classes Warrior and Cleric. Overtime the class got beyond those ridiculous boundaries and got its own special characteristics. So I wouldn't mind playing this class again.

Shadowknight - Ah the antithesis of the Holy Knight. Lots of good utility and does decent dps. I think I would enjoy this class and would give me a chance to play some evil races which I really didn't do much to be honest.

Monk - This seems to be the most obvious choice for me into todays current EQ, it offers pulling, dpsing, tanking and healing in some form.

Well thats my picks, though im not sure I would play the last two entries due to I like to play classes that aren't overplayed. Paladin was the rarest to see when doing my high end grouping. But then again Ive never played a highend monk or sk yet so who knows. As for races, would be Human Paladin, Troll or Ogre Shadowknight, Human(too many pick iksars) Monk.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Glauri
Whee!

Re: If all EQ characters got erased...

Postby Glauri » Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Part of the reason that I quit playing my warrior was the hassle after dying. All the caster classes had invis and/or lev even without their gear. I had to go to a bank, get a second set of gear and some money, find an invis pot vendor, grab some lev pots and then run to some gawd-awful dungeon many zones away hoping that my invis didn't drop (which it usually did). All the while the caster classes are bitching about what's taking the warriors so long! I remember a few dungeons where I died more than a dozen times in one raid...darned hard to make up that exp. So I definitely would NOT make a warrior, as much fun as they are to play otherwise.

I'd perhaps try a monk, a rogue...but I do enjoy the utility of a shaman as well.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Addrianis
Whee!

Postby Addrianis » Tue May 03, 2011 9:05 pm

hmm that is a no brainer, I would definitely do a shaman all over again, crying the whole time over losing Addy :lol:

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue May 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Glauri wrote:Part of the reason that I quit playing my warrior was the hassle after dying. All the caster classes had invis and/or lev even without their gear. I had to go to a bank, get a second set of gear and some money, find an invis pot vendor, grab some lev pots and then run to some gawd-awful dungeon many zones away hoping that my invis didn't drop (which it usually did). All the while the caster classes are bitching about what's taking the warriors so long! I remember a few dungeons where I died more than a dozen times in one raid...darned hard to make up that exp. So I definitely would NOT make a warrior, as much fun as they are to play otherwise.

I'd perhaps try a monk, a rogue...but I do enjoy the utility of a shaman as well.

Yeah you have my sympathies there... Most painful thing I had going with zerker was with gate options, early on the only thing that was the cheap and convenient Thurg Gate.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Tue May 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Hmmmmm... fun question! I would find it hard to resist going Iksar Monk again I think, but I would be VERY tempted to roll up a n Iksar or Ogre SK. I have always liked SKs and in todays EQ it is SO much easier to gear up a tank then back in the day. I still remember all the old Antonica zonea like the back of my hand to so would be fun to begin again with everyone in the same boat. I can just imagine the /ooc bitching and whining though in the newbie zones about folks training and KSing hehe.

Oak
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed May 04, 2011 4:39 am

If my toons were erased, I'd be done.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 am

Goofydoofy wrote:If my toons were erased, I'd be done.

Yup, me too.

Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Postby Nlannie » Wed May 04, 2011 8:28 am

same

Criploc
Whee!

Postby Criploc » Wed May 04, 2011 10:46 am

...I would be done. End of story.

Lickitys
Whee!

Postby Lickitys » Wed May 04, 2011 11:32 am

That would be me too,
Lickitys
105th Level Druid of Tunare

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed May 04, 2011 2:52 pm

same here...oh wait

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Wed May 04, 2011 4:03 pm

Ditto!!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed May 04, 2011 4:58 pm

If all of our toons went *poof*, I doubt I'd have the patience to start over. That's why I end up creating an alt named "Emarinn" on the new ruleset servers then never getting the toon past level 3 or 4 :).

However, if I were to start over, I'd probably go either Wood Elf Ranger or I'd try a wizard (High Elf!). With a wizard, I've always had the desire to sit at my desk, clicking the BOOM button over and over, laughing maniacally :).
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Straightevil
Whee!

Postby Straightevil » Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm

If my toon were erased, I would be done too, way to much time invested and all the quests, flags, and events to do all over.... no thank you! It isn't all about leveling. Although... it is interesting.. If I had to re roll I would definately be a Necro again (bring back fear kiting). My 1st toon was a warrior and I spent countless hours " /ooc war lfg" just to log off with a bunch of fish in my bags and watching all the SK's and Pallies get grps before me. I built Straightevil to counter my $14.00 dollar a month online fishing expierience and finally had fun playing outside of raids. My 2nd choice would probably be a Monk now that that god awful AC cap they endured for so long was lifted, but sitting around trying to max Mend and FD is a pain unless that is easier now. SK? nah just a Necro that really couldn't make it :) just kidding. Pally? To honarable for my liking. Cleric? Have one, and although useful way to grp dependent for me. Mage? Lots of fun to play but limited solo content. Shamy? Fun but I hated all the tells I got asking for buffs and takes to long to kill anything useful. Wizzard? Never had one. Chanter? Never had one. Beastlord? Honestly I am still learning that class and love it so far. Druid? I used to call them spawn delayers back when they quad kited cause it took them forever to kill anything relevent, dunno if that has changed post Kunark. Zerker? Fun class to play but way to grp dependent for me. Rouge? Lots of fun but again way to grp dependent. Bard? Same as Druid imo, although allowing them to pull a swarm kite and peeling off their mobs in Burning Woods as a Necro was a lot of fun :) Ranger? Way to many corpse runs. I am not trying to bash any other classes do not take this offensive please :). This is all my opinion and for me Necro is my best option for my style of play and play time. Maybe if I were not in Japan for so long when EQ released in '99 and actually had a steady stream of friends I played with on a regular basis (rather than trying to type Japanese using Romanji characters w/ my Asian guilds back then) my opinion would be different. Now that I am in Hawaii the time zone thing is a little better but still lacks when most folks play. So being able to solo efficiently and grp as a want rather than a need is still my best option :) Sorry for the long post but w/ this downtime I have nothing else to do while drinking beers :spam1:

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu May 05, 2011 6:38 am

If my toon got erased I would have to go to school full time /cry Not sure I would want to start ALL over again.. I really do hate all the keying/ leveling / flagging stuff. I play for social reasons really. If I had to do all that again I would have to buy a new desk cuz this one is almost broke from all the head banging from frustration.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Renaern
Whee!

Postby Renaern » Fri May 06, 2011 10:49 am

If we all started over again I would continue. I have always enjoyed the keying, questing, and xp grinding. The trade skilling sucks and I would cry the entire time but I would do it. I started in the PoP expansion just before LDoN and I've always wished I had discovered eq from the very beginning. Who else missed the Sleepers awakening? I would of course play a half-ling Ranger. The only class that temps me even a little is the Necromancer. They are probably the most powerful and dangerous class in EQ and I almost went with a necro main way back in the day. I was helpless when they would come in and take my mobs, especially early in the game when it took 20 mins of kiting to kill a mob those ks's hurt! Not any more though Rangers have fade! HAHA you training necrophilic bastards!

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Fri May 06, 2011 12:35 pm

I was playing EQ when the Sleepers were awoken. I started just before Kunark came out. But I am not sure I could ever recapture that magic of being new in a new game.
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri