Athens Alabama Tornado aftermath

Moderator: Littlabit

Truthseeker
Whee!

Athens Alabama Tornado aftermath

Postby Truthseeker » Sun May 01, 2011 8:27 am

Truthseeker here - power is still out - cable is gone - maybe by late tuesday for power - we suffered minor damage to our house. One block east or west of us is a totally different situation. We managed to get a generator yesterday. We lost all food that needs refrigeration. Fast food is the pits. Brother's internet is flaky at best. 2 days of trying to load pictures.

For those that we wish to see pictures - https://picasaweb.google.com/1050659295 ... directlink

Tarvas
Whee!

Re: Athens Alabama Tornado aftermath

Postby Tarvas » Sun May 01, 2011 9:31 am

Glad to see yall made it out safe.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Sun May 01, 2011 10:05 am

Thank you so much for the photos...and we are all so happy that you and your family are all right!

Looking at the pictures I found myself thinking about how most home insurance only pays for 80% of the value of the house (assuming 20% is in the land itself) and wondering how those folks are going to be able to rebuild with that. Just clearing the remains of their home can't be cheap. And of course the cost of a new home will surely exceed anything they get from the insurance company.

Also how can you work clearing your homestead when you have to go to a job each day to earn the money to clear your homestead? These folks are in for a very rough haul. God bless them!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Maluvian
Whee!

Postby Maluvian » Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

glad to hear everything's ok up there. here in decatur was relatively untouched save for the lack of power. we spent the weekend outside the area to stay out of the way, came home to find our power unexpectedly restored, but yeah. we lost a bunch of food in the fridge/freezer. could be a lot worse.

btw has anyone heard from aroth? i know he's in the athens area and haven't seen anything from him on facebook or seen him log into game since the 24th.

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Wed May 04, 2011 4:56 am

TS, that's my street you took pictures of, McCulley Mill. You live there?
Aroth VoteYes