we made it through the storms

Moderator: Littlabit

Maluvian
Whee!

we made it through the storms

Postby Maluvian » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:50 am

Emarinn, myself and family are safe in Decatur. The destruction is all around us, but not here somehow. We'll try to log in when we get to atlanta and can have access to internet better than our phones tonight. I saw truthseeker was ok. Any others from north alabama chime in yet?

Glauri
Whee!

Re: we made it through the storms

Postby Glauri » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:31 am

Very good news that y'all are ok. Thanks for the update!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 am

Mal I am real glad to here you two are ok bro. Thank goodness.

Oak
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

$
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Gaator
Whee!
Location: I live in Madison, Alabama, but I'm from Grand Rapids area in Michigan

Postby Gaator » Tue May 03, 2011 4:31 pm

I just got power back today, had multiple tornadoes go through Madison County on Wed. Power went out Wed night, went 5 1/2 days without power. Family is ok, just tired from doing more work then we are used to to create hot water and keeping a fire going the majority of each day. Took my first hot shower in 5 days this evening, I never thought I would miss such a simple task. I am glad to be back online.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Tue May 03, 2011 5:46 pm

I am real glad you and your family are doing ok Gaator. I've been thru huricanes on the island and I know how much you can miss the simplest of pleasures. You take care buddy, good to see you back online.

Oak
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>

Monkeying around since 2k

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Tue May 03, 2011 5:47 pm

We still have tree's down, our fence is still ate up and we are waiting for the tree company to come get the tree's since they are to big for us to haul off ourselves. If it would just quit raining maybe they could get in to do some work /sigh
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Aroth
Whee!

Postby Aroth » Wed May 04, 2011 4:52 am

We made it. Got power back yesterday and internet/phone/tv today. An F4 tornado went southeast behind our house. The damage all around us is horrific. It's very sad.
Aroth VoteYes

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 am

I'm winding up my Mother's move to a 'senior apartment' type place, and found a shoebox crammed full of the letters she and my father exchanged during their courtship and engagement. They are irreplaceable of course, and it brought to mind how many of those folks in the South have lost just this sort of personal and family history due to those tornadoes. No wonder their hearts ache. :(
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

Maluvian
Whee!

Postby Maluvian » Wed May 04, 2011 3:08 pm

our round trip to and from atlanta to avoid the initial panic went out smaller roads east of here to avoid the problems that were to the south of us, then when we came back monday we caught i65 north through birmingham... i've seen destruction from tornados before, but this group of storms was unbelievable. on the way to out of alabama it seemed like we couldn't go 5 miles without being able to see major destruction. we had to have seen at least a couple dozen homes badly damaged or leveled entirely. some similar stuff up 65 on the way back, but it's not as easy to see that stuff from the interstate. i'm still trying to wrap my head around it. i'm glad to hear everyone here from AL has been safe so far.

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed May 04, 2011 3:44 pm

I'm glad to hear more of us AL folks are OK!!!!!!
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.