hobbit preproduction video

Postby Derdarr » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:18 pm

short video of director comments, set pieces and some of the cast

http://movies.msn.com/paralleluniverse/ ... ?gt1=28140

Bilnick
Whee!

Re: hobbit preproduction video

Postby Bilnick » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 am

I just hope he keeps the movies around 2 hours each. The original trilogy was far too long, especially the third movie which had 45 minutes of Rudy (or whatever Shawn Astins character was called) jumping on the other hobbits bed after the second final battle was over.

Derdarr
Whee!

Postby Derdarr » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:07 am

heh, i would disagree that it was too long in fact i have the extended version's :) I dont remember a 45 min scene of them jumping on the bed though. I assume that was an exaggaration. Now i'll have to do another watching thanks !!!
But talledaga is today and the cub's so it'll have to be another day. Yes i've watched all three extended in a row and over a weekend, stopped at two to raid and not be completly distracted. I'm not sure you could fit the whole book into 4 hours... assuming two movies. I'd like the opening scene with gandalf arriving and the dwarfs night at bilbo's house to be at least 45 min's but .. hey i have lots of free time :) I was just excited to hear that they did finally get shooting started especially as much as he was so against doing the movie and i couldnt see anyone else taking the project on.

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:27 am

I tried to watch all three special director's extendeds over Christmas break and only got thru 2 - still have to watch the last. (Previously watched them all thru once over a week off or something).

I LOVE long movies when they are interesting.

Criploc
Whee!

Postby Criploc » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:39 pm

After the Dr Suess books as a young child, The Hobbit along with The Outsiders, followed by Rumble Fish were the first books I remember reading as a kid.

Thanno
Whee!

Postby Thanno » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:20 pm

wish someone like jackson would take on fiests riftwar saga