TF Website

Moderator: Littlabit

Tarvas
Whee!

TF Website

Postby Tarvas » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:09 pm

See this thread.

Site might be going to down for good in two weeks so if there something you want there...back it up somewhere else.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Re: TF Website

Postby Goofydoofy » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:10 am

Every post of mine should be saved and archived to some social website so generations to come will enjoy the shock and awe of Goofydoofy.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:11 am

Admin can likely back it up and give copies to officers/members if you arrange it ahead of time. That way you can always reload someday.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:14 pm

If there's a need, I've been hosting CN's site for 7 or so years now, and doubt TF's boards would be anything of a burden. If wanted, you can have the admin e-mail me at rendus@gmail.com. I'd just need a dump of their forums database, and it looks like the forums have a bit of customization to them, so the existing codebase would probably be needed too - a pretty trivial task really.

Edit: Ah. You may mean the domain name tribalfury.org. That's still set to expire on March 20th, and was bought through eNom, which is a company that sells to web hosts. So I would imagine Site5 (the company that hosts tribalfury.org) would be the ones to talk to if you wanted to renew the domain, or be sure it was set to auto-renew.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:24 am

Worff is the admin. he's been MIA for a while.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:34 am

Meso wrote:Worff is the admin. he's been MIA for a while.

Oh goodie. Does anybody else have any of the admin logins, etc? If not, it sounds like Tarvas' credit card is the one Site5 would have, and that might be enough to convince the host to provide an administrative username and password. Usually the one that pays the bills can get things done.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:44 am

Rendus wrote:
Meso wrote:Worff is the admin. he's been MIA for a while.

Oh goodie. Does anybody else have any of the admin logins, etc? If not, it sounds like Tarvas' credit card is the one Site5 would have, and that might be enough to convince the host to provide an administrative username and password. Usually the one that pays the bills can get things done.

Oh, it not on my CC. Serano gave the heads up. He has admin rights I think. Let me throw this over at him.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:47 am

Alright. If all else fails, we may be able to present a convincing enough of a case to the host to at least allow a third party to pay for things, or possibly release the data - But that's far from a guarantee. Just let me know what access you guys have to what, and so on, and what you want to do and I'll try to figure out the best approach.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 am

There are a lot of pictures and movies stored there. It won't be just a few small text files.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:53 am

Goofydoofy wrote:There are a lot of pictures and movies stored there. It won't be just a few small text files.

If we're talking a few GB, no big deal. I've got 20GB of storage available to me, although I'm not about to devote all of it to TF's site, of course. If I feel it's unreasonable, I'll offer suggestions on how to handle it. The best course of action may very well be staying at Site5, if it's possible to get someone to take over the account there. Just one of those things that need to be looked at before any real decisions are made.

The front page of TribalFury.org says the web hosting expires May 2012, so it may just be an issue of ensuring the domain gets renewed, until then at least.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Worff (site admin) says it is the domain that expires. The information is always backed up so that not an issue. He going to try to track down what CC the domains on, but he going through a tough patch. If the price is trivial then I am sure some of us (TFers) can come up with the loot to keep it going till next May at which point..no more drunken browsing.
Alan
I'm a Tank!

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:50 pm

Unless you're being royally and utterly reamed by the domain registrar (you're almost certainly not), no more than $12/year for the domain name itself.

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:28 pm

most of it was a heads up.

Our hosting is paid thru Mar of 12. It is only the minimal liceance fee that is due in.. umm a week or so. mostly wasn't sure if it was set up to automatically take it from Either my or Worffs Credit card - or if there was a problem. As I hadn't talked with Worff recently I just wasn't sure what was up. I (last I knew) am actually the only other person sides Worff with full access to do literally EVERYthing, I just don't know how to use the power!

(hmmmm if I wasn't mired and wayyyy behind on my thesis..I could app as a cleric!)

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:45 am

Excuses!
Alan
I'm a Tank!

kCii
Whee!

Postby kCii » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:41 pm

..I could app as a cleric!

you could, anything is possible~

kC

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:03 am

He is all talk.

Serano
Whee!

Postby Serano » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 am

Goofy Nailed it. maybe in 7 weeks. see if I do any writing on my paper.