New Expansion Launch Tasks

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

New Expansion Launch Tasks

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:25 am

Any news on these, links, gossip, something made up?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Re: New Expansion Launch Tasks

Postby whyllowtwyg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:01 am

are you talking similar to the tasks we did pre whatever expansion we're on now?

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:03 am

I did them yesterday. 5 simple tasks. Any level can do these. Not much killing, just a few n00b level mobs to kill. biggest bottleneck is a step in nektulos where you have to kill 3 zombies which are a rare pop.
it's the first group of tasks in a series for the leadup to HoT.
Very easy, yet tedious in the form of running back and forth between zones.
No reward to speak of yet, no fabulous loot, each pays 10pp. The reward for the UF launch tasks was getting into the expansion early. I would guess this to be the same.
There is a sleepy lizard near the main bank in PoK that gives you clues on where to go and who to talk to to get the tasks.

whyllowtwyg
Whee!

Postby whyllowtwyg » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:04 am

sigh.......guess this means I should log my pretty self in then.....

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:09 am

well ummm yeah

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't like clues. How about info.

Iyer
Whee!

Postby Iyer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:43 pm

Ok, so I was bored tonight and decided to do all these and write down what's what and who's who for those of you who do not feel like exploring it on your own :D

Missing Persons

Qeynos Hills - Darin Sagen: 1529, 325, 6

He wants you to go explore Blackburrow (low level version) and there are 3 update points... I wasn't writing down locs yet when I did this part of this quest... but they're pretty self-explanitory.

Ginnie Hendil: -24, -580, 4
Boris Kelwake: -195, -243, 4
Hanneh Ratten: -133, -69, 5

West Karana - Aranai Sagen: 395, -4322, 4

Long Live The King

North Qeynos - Warren Chaucers: 433, 164, 4

He wants you to go pick up 3 spying crystals for him. You can just stand there, wait the 1 min for the respawn, and get all 3 updates from the same one. You will not turn these in (I just destroyed mine after the quest was finished)
Crystal 1: -12, -23, 4
Crystal 2: -126, -30, 4
Crystal 3: -168, -232, 6

Terrance Coswell: -77, -118, 4
Horace Hagrin: 356, -227, 7
Temithy Yeslin: -165, -201, 6

Lone Wolf Hero

Halas - Keres McLander: -507, -32, 5
Harregar McLander: 128, 302, 5
Everfrost Peaks - Galenra McLander: 1741, -6404, -49
Jeson McLander: 128, -167, 4

Not Afraid Of Ghosts

Erudin - Myrrie Sharden: 111, -229, 24 (she's back on the Erudin Docks)

The update loc in Nektulos Forest is around -155, -462, 31

Retahl Sharden: -729, 134, 38

He wants you to kill 3 decayed skellies and then 3 zombies... the zombies turned out to be a pita. Best places to spawn these were the ruined pyramid and the pillar in the s/e corner. May it take you much less time than it took me!

I Want To Conquer The World

West Freeport - Jamie Meerson: 95, -59, -80

He wants you (or rather, doesn't want you) to find the explosives he's planted. Same thing as the crystals.
Explosive 1: -165, -320, -86
Explosive 2: -143, -452, -86
Explosive 3: -1, -510, -86

Now you need to go kill 3 "dangerous animals" at the docks in E Freeport. I have no idea why, but there was only 1 up when I got there and I waited for about 25 mins before the next round spawned. I was talking to someone who needed help with the quest and as soon as they started picking up the explosives, the animals seemed to start spawning... 3 exactly. Not sure if the 2 are connected, but was a thought.

Jamie's Hostage: -116, -591, -86

The poisoned water is in E Freeport: -1295, -483, 7

None of this is difficult at all, I think it could all be done easily by a 20+. All said and done it took me 3.15 hours and that was only because of the stupid zombies and waiting on those animals to spawn. The second most time consuming thing is the running from zone to zone. Gate and super speed hydra ftw!

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:26 pm

wish i'd seen all this earlier.
On the accomplishment window just below UF they have added a task tracker fot HoT currently listing the names of the launch series.
I'm not sure if any more but the first 5 are active.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:05 am

Thanks for the information.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:45 am

OK, got those done. Anything on the mission or the "One of the following"? Looks like the mobs are up for "One of the following", but I can't find a task giver. I think Defend the Wall or Wall Under Attack maybe is in Misty Thicket, but no red conned task giver there or in Rivervale.

Anything?

Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Postby Nlannie » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:46 am

There is a task giver up in Rivervale, near the bank I think.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 am

Nlannie wrote:There is a task giver up in Rivervale, near the bank I think.

Yuppers. I tried to get the task from him and got a "not enough in group" message, so gotta be at least 3 i suppose.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:30 am

Ya, took 3 people in group...Or, two and a merc. Kill some easy mobs...Kill some tuff 5k hitter mobs and kill a 8k hitter mob. Nothing summons. All but the golems can be snared/rooted.

When you find anything about Invasion of the Feerless mission, please post it here.

Ayragon
Whee!

Postby Ayragon » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:22 am

Invasion of the Fearless:

Say help to the mission giver in North Qeynos (right of the front castle guards).
(say go to zone into NQ instance)

1) Speak with Corporal Lancot
- straight forward
2) Save the guards that are pinned down by enemy attacks.
- no issues here, the battle goes on the Qeynos guards take no damage.
3) Speak with Guard Erabb
- straight forward but triggers the next phase, so be ready
4) Defent the trapped citizens
- this is where a mezzer would be handy. Maybe 10? 12? bad dudes do the slow march past Guard Erabb and chew
up citizens. Need some decent dps. Not good for a 3 box. Never got past here....so thats it.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:43 am

Thanks for the information.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 am

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?&topic_id=169202
some good info, tactics, and notes that the devs are changing some of the issues today.

This mission is rough. Putting out the fires and killing the mobs while doing it has to be the hardest part because I have yet to pass it.

Our best strategy (only really got to try it 2 times before it was bedtime for folks) was:

- Have 1 person at either water source. Have 1 person (puller) at the gate. And the rest a little out in the field.

- Start event. Puller gathers up every NPC he/she can and kite in the field.

- Have the water source person put out nothing but the fires until none are left in the city.

- Gather NPCs in a small ball then have enchanter lock it down with mez.

- Start dpsing them down one by one.

- Once the city is clear of fires, join the group in field and help dps.

- ???

- Profit?

We would have had a win on our second attempt of doing this, but you know that basement area in the house in front of the small pool? Yeah, mobs can totally roam down there and lay fires. Something we never knew but after clearing the mobs and noticed there was no update, then after searching discovered there were a crap load in the basement.

Regardless though, I hope this reward pays off because this mission is turning out to be a headache. (half the group was boxed so that probably also plays a big role since this mission has a lot going on at one time.)

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:13 am

"there's a hotfix going out tonight (4 AM PDT) that will make the Qeynos launch event mission a bunch easier."

Phaydrus
Whee!

Postby Phaydrus » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 am

There is a bit more info on Alla's now.
Sounds like all in group need to fill buckets before putting out fires then killing the Fire Starters.
After that there is another hail and waves of 2-3 mobs at a time (20-25 total) that will try to come in the front gates.

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:48 am

This group task begins with Higbin the Traveler in North Qeynos. He is found at location 350, 180, 5.

You say, 'Hail, Higbin the Traveler'

Higbin the Traveler says 'Traveler, one moment. Stop! I must speak with you! Qeynos is in grave [danger]!'

You say, 'Danger?'

Higbin the Traveler says 'I was passing through the hills on the way to Qeynos, and I made camp two nights ago in a rocky enclave near the road. In the early morning, my fire turned to ash. Cold, I awoke to the light of Luclin's gray gaze and the sound of [footfalls] on the road.'

You say, 'Footfalls?'

Higbin the Traveler says 'Chain mail clacking, metal sliding, blades glinting blue -- a line of shimmering armor floated past me. Their faces blended with the night. These were not [human] troops.'

You say, 'What were they, if not human?'

Higbin the Traveler says 'Dark elves! The Teir'Dal were on the march! I lay in silence while they passed. When I no longer could hear their boots on the road, I leaped up and ran straight for Qeynos, ignoring the road. Everyone in the city had to be [warned]!'

You say, 'Warned!'

Higbin the Traveler says 'I have convinced Corporal Lancot of the threat, and he is soon to evacuate citizens. I am sure he can use all the [help] he can get.'

You say, 'I'll help'

Higbin the Traveler says 'Thank you! [Go] to Corporal Lancot and see if you can be of assistance.'

You say, 'Ready to go!'

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...

You have entered North Qeynos - Invasion of the Fearless.

The following mobs can be mezzed, snared, and rooted:

a TeirDal cleric
a TeirDal warrior
a TeirDal magician
a TeirDal enchanter
a TeirDal pillager
a TeirDal raider
a TeirDal marauder
a TeirDal arsonist
a TeirDal torch wielder
a TeirDal firestarter

Speak with Corporal Lancot 0/1 (North Qeynos)

You say, 'Hail, Corporal Lancot'

Corporal Lancot says 'Thank you for your assistance! We will need as much help as we can get. We did not receive the warning of the Teir'Dal threat until too late; now the invaders are already within our walls. Many of the guards are locked in combat. Hasten to their aid! Or, if you are too much of a coward to help us, you can [leave] this city...'

TeirDal are about to attack Qeynos. Defend the city.

Save the Qeynos guards that are pinned down by the enemy attack. 0/1 (North Qeynos)

Approximately 14 warriors, clerics, enchanters, magicians to kill for update.

Speak with Guard Erabb 0/1 (North Qeynos)

You say, 'Hail, Guard Erabb'

Guard Erabb says 'You have saved my life, and the lives of my fellow guards, but the threat is not over. When we heard of the coming of the Teir'Dal, we began evacuating citizens, but we could not finish the process in time. Several of them are trapped here, and the enemy is closing in. Do not let the citizens be killed!'
Your task 'Invasion of the Fearless' has been updated.

Defend the trapped citizens 0/1 (North Qeynos)

Approximately 14 raiders, pillagers, marauders attack mobs called "a citizen." To get the update, some citizens must survive.

Speak with Guard Aerryn 0/1 (North Qeynos)

You say, 'Hail, Guard Aerryn'

Guard Aerryn says 'Thanks to you, we were able to finish evacuating the citizens. But the threat is not over. I have seen torches flashing between buildings; it appears the Teir'Dal intend to burn Qeynos to the ground. Go, kill the fire starters and put out any fires they set. If we let the fires rage for more than 10 minutes, Qeynos is surely lost. Here, take these buckets. You can fill them in any pool of water. Pour out the water on any fires you see.'

Kill the firestarters and put out the fires that have been set 0/1 (North Qeynos)

Each party member receives an Empty Bucket which must be filled before attempting to put out any fire.

Note: You fail if all fires are not out within 30 minutes. You can repeat this portion of the task if you fail. It resets in 10 minutes.

Speak with Corporal Gehnus 0/1 (North Qeynos)
Keep the invaders from reaching the city gate. 0/1 (North Qeynos)
The guards will help you on this, just agro the mobs and train them to the guards and they kill them pretty fast.
at This point a group of Dark Elves spawn in the field before the gate, Commander Dendrix, Captain Tek'al, Captain Mordek, Captain Boltayar, and 2 trash (think it was an enchanter and a cleric or mage) all are mezable and paciable except Dendrix.
Speak with Commander Dendrix 0/1 (North Qeynos)
did the hail from a distance and nothing agro'd but that opened up the next 4 task stages
Kill 1 Captain Tek'al 0/1 (North Qeynos)
Kill 1 Captain Mordek 0/1 (North Qeynos)
Kill 1 Captain Boltayar 0/1 (North Qeynos)
Kill 1 Commander Dendrix 0/1 (North Qeynos)
didn't bother killing the 2 trash mobs
See what reward Corporal Lancot has given you 0/1 (North Qeynos)

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:14 am

Encanto found out at the end of the attempt last night that AE mez does not adversly affect the guards so it can be used more freely.

Nlannie
Mindless Lemming

Postby Nlannie » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:17 pm

its a joke now:D so very easy.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:24 pm

I did this today with some folks. Fairly easy even though we didn't know what to do. You start with killing 4 sets of 4 mobs. These are estimates by the way. Then you have to put out fires. You basically get a bucket and can fill the bucket with water, goto the fire and click the bucket and repeat. None of the mobs in this whole event see inviso except the last Commander. So, you can basically set up at the water source with the ramps...Up the ramps you can pull mobs as they path through that area. You can either kill the fires once the mobs are dead or do it at the same time with a rogue or insta-inviso class that can evac themself if needed. After that, you set up out front and a constant stream of mobs comes towards the front gate. You need to kill maybe 20 of these mobs. How you do it is set up behind the first set of guards in the middle. Argo the mobs as they come and the guards will make quick work of them. After that, you got to kill the next set of mobs. All can be mezzed, pacified except the commander. So, pacifiy everything and pull the commander and get an add and work the rest. By the way, when the constant mobs are coming thru the gate, none can be mezzed. A bunch got by us when 4 of the 6 people died, but we recovered and killed the amount needed with the help of the guards no problem. If was fun and fairly easy once you know what to do. The pay-off is some exp, coin, and 2 1000 hp/mana (or so) "Attuneable" gear. So, it would be a good way to grab some high end gear for low end toons. And, the focuses are level 90. I'd be up for doing these with chanter or druid anytime they are still happening to help people gear up mains or alts.

EDIT: Between the first part of 4 sets and the fires, you speak to a guard in a yard type area. Mobs will randomly spawn around you. If you are back a bit in the corner of the yard, you are out of argo range. Just pull the mobs and kill em all.

Ayragon
Whee!

Postby Ayragon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:11 pm

hehe, if you let 10 mobs into the city in the "Keep the invaders from reaching the city gate" you fail....not restartable.

don't ask.......

(actually this step is restartable, depending if your're alive in zone when you fail it)
Last edited by Ayragon on Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:53 pm

Don't know if it wild eye luck or what but got 3 Zombies in a row from -3, -687 while doing "Not afraid of Ghost". That specific spawn point as I was trashing all the undead from the wizard spire.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Ayragon
Whee!

Postby Ayragon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm

the individual tasks are beyond lame. The group task is alright, and the mission if actually really excellent....now the bugs are out. Not really a challenge for a 6 man group.....little tricky with 3 man group.