Blizzard

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Blizzard

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:35 pm

I would highly suggest nobody purchase a Blizzard product. This has been my experience with them:

Sent: Friday, August 06, 2010 11:57 AM
To: 'sales@blizzard.com'
Subject: Refund Order# 1210xxxx 26/07/2010

Since I have been unable to continue my trail game with no restrictions after paying for the full version of the game and because I have received no help with this matter in over eleven days (See below), I am asking for a complete refund on this order. You will find that the account the game code with attached to has never been used. That is because since I made the purchase, I have not been able to continue with the character I created on my trail account and nobody has made any effort at all to help me after countless phone calls and numerous emails.

I will give you until the 13th of August, 2010 to email me a confirmation that a complete refund has been issued back to my credit card or I will file a fraud claim with my credit card company. Or, you can have the issue below resolved completely to my satisfaction without delay. That includes the correcting of the character/account issue and 30 days play time.

If you have any questions or need anything further, you can contact me at this email address, which is the same as my account name. Or, you can phone me at 714-658-xxxx (hidden for this post) and leave a message with a direct phone number I can return the call to a specific person without going thru disconnects and automated messages.

Darin Koutney

Original Contact Information Below:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2010 5:24 AM
To: 'alexandero.support@blizzard.com'
Subject: RE: RE: -+-Account and Technical Services Request-+-

Alex, I have tried to contact that phone number for 7 straight days and every time I call, the hold queue is full and I get disconnected. That is completely unacceptable. I've waited 8 days for the email support to tell me I need to use the phone support which does not accept calls. Basically, you are telling me I can get no support and I need to dispute the charge for the game on my credit card and get a refund and be done with this whole thing? I am going to need something more then call the phone support line which does not accept calls. Give me somebody's direct line to call to get this resolved if it has to be done over the phone. Ask me the security questions through email. Something that actually works!

Thanks

Darin Koutney

From: alexandero.support@blizzard.com [mailto:alexandero.support@blizzard.com]
Sent: Monday, August 02, 2010 9:21 PM
To: Darin Koutney
Subject: Re: RE: -+-Account and Technical Services Request-+-

Hello,

My name is Alex. I am with Blizzard Entertainment's customer service department. Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding your current issue.

We will be happy to assist with your account. However, because of security concerns, you will need to contact the Billing and Account Services department via telephone so that we may verify your account and assist you directly. Representatives are on hand to take your call 7 days a week between 8am and 8pm Pacific Time, at 1-800-59-BLIZZARD (800-592-5499). Customers in Australia should call 1-800-041-378. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

PLEASE NOTE: For security purposes, Billing & Account Services cannot discuss or modify account specific details via email.

Many account questions, such as billing dates and current subscription times, can be resolved by checking your account status online. You may check the status of your account at anytime by accessing the Account Management page on http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/account.

Sincerely,

Alex O.
Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment
http://www.blizzard.com/support

To: support@blizzard.com
Sent: 7/31/2010 10:32:56 AM
Subject: RE: -+-Account and Technical Services Request-+-

This issue has not yet been resolved. Please see below for the problem.

Thank You

Darin Koutney

Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2010 3:55 AM
To: Darin Koutney
Subject: -+-Account and Technical Services Request-+-

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Blizzard’s Account and Technical Services department. Due to our current wait times we are sending this follow up email. We recognize that some players may have already received answers to questions they’ve submitted. The instructions in this email will help us to identify those still in need of assistance and thereby reduce wait times.

First, we want to assure you that we received your email. Second, your assistance in following the instructions in this email allows us to provide you and the rest of our player community the most efficient service possible. Please do not respond to this email, if your issue is resolved. Doing so could potentially create longer wait times. If you have received the necessary answer to resolve your issue and you do not reply, we will consider your issue closed.

If you have not received a response then please read through the list of common issues below. If the links provided do not sufficiently answer your question, and you require additional assistance, please reply to this email; you will not have lost your place in line and we will address your concerns in the order in which they were received.

*** If your account has been compromised and you’ve not yet received notification that your issue is in queue to be addressed, please review the Compromised Account Information section of this email. ***

•For questions regarding Recruit-A-Friend or trial accounts please go here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... oryId=2331

•For questions regarding Authenticators please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=3533

•For questions regarding the Pet Store please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=3533

•For questions regarding the Blizzard Store please go here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... leId=22765

•For questions regarding password resets please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=2322

•For questions regarding Paid Character Transfers please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=2327

•For questions regarding Faction Changes please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=2317

•For questions regarding Parental Controls please go here:
https://us.blizzard.com/support/article ... oryId=2322

•For any questions regarding subscription payment please go here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... oryId=2324

•For questions regarding World of Warcraft account cancellation please go here:
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article. ... oryId=2324

=================COMPROMISED ACCOUNT INFORMATION==================

If you are reporting your account as compromised (hacked, stolen, etc) and have not received notification that your issue is in queue to be addressed, please email our In-Game Support staff directly at WoWGM@Blizzard.com with the following information:

E-Mail Subject: World of Warcraft Account Compromise

In the E-Mail’s Body, include:
WoW Account Name:
Battle.Net Account Name:
Normal Play Realm:
Known Losses:

Please note, if you have received notification no response is necessary. As stated previously, unnecessary responses could potentially create longer wait times.

Account compromises most often occur when a player shares login information with an unauthorized third party or plays on a computer that has a virus, Trojan, or key-logger. We recommend following the http://us.battle.net/security/checklist.html on our Account Security site at http://us.battle.net/security/index.html.

Thanks,

Account and Technical Services
Blizzard Entertainment

To: web.support@blizzard.com
Sent: 7/26/2010 4:01:29 PM
Subject: [en]World of Warcraft -- Other -- Character Transfer or Account Change

Contact Information -----------------------
Name: Darin Koutney
Email:

System Information ------------------------
IP:

Request ------------------------------------
Product: World of Warcraft
Category: Other -- Character Transfer or Account Change

Description --------------------------------

Let me start by saying I've had nothing but trouble trying to get a full version of this game to work on my account. My trail expired and I tried to do a online upgrade, but the system would not process my payment. I tried calling but the hold que was full. So, I got a digital download and activated to full version that way and instead of activating my trail account to full, it created a whole different account and now my character is not on that account. I need either my character to be moved to WoW3 or to have WoW3 deleted and WoW2 changed to a full account. If this is going to take more then 24 hours, and anytime I've tried to get support it has taken more then 3 days to get a response, I expect my free 30 days on the account to be extended to the active date this problem is resolved. I want to like this game but I am having nothing but trouble and customer service has been very slow in resolving/responding to issues. Please help ASAP.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

FaeveeAngel
Whee!

Re: Blizzard

Postby FaeveeAngel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm

wow

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:25 pm

hmm interesting viewpoint Goofy - care to try again?

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:05 pm

No, the service is still shitty. Lets hope I never need it.

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 pm

My account got hacked and stuff stolen. I have never given out info to anyone. WoW can go to hades.

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:25 am

my account keeps getting hacked (according to the emails i keep getting from blizzard) . . and I don't even have an account

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:09 am

Yeah after i deactivated my account I get like 5 a day, Tandt even bought one of those blizzard autho things that you have to get a number to sign in and I still get letters my account is banned and to reply or I loose my account. I just hit spam everytimg I get one. I think my major problem with blizzard / wow is that is geared towards kids and I usually ended up every night pissed off cuz of someones attitude. The one time my account did get hacked it took tandt forever to get it back and fixed and then they took everything I had which was days to get it back too.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:33 pm

yeah my spam folder fills up with those emails. They direct you to clones of the blizzard site and ask you to enter your account info. Of course they then hack your account and sell all the gold on it etc. Just ignore all the emails for the most part. If you are going to play for a while then I would recommend the autheticator ( iahve heard that the free mobile phone autheticator works well also). I had my account hacked about a year ago, one of our guild bankers was hacked earlier this summer which sucked as they cleared out the guild bank also.

It is not just blizzard they are after though, my Aeon account was supposedly hacked, but I let them get away with it because I never purchased the game in the first place :lol:

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:00 am

Someone keeps throwing their pfishing pole into my email acocunt. The emails are confirming purchases made for my WoW account, click this handy link if you have any questions about your purchase. I've never been in WoW nor have I created an account on Battelnet, I always played my Starcraft offline. So far nothing has shown up on my credit card and all those emails get shoveled into the junk folder.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Glauri
Whee!

Postby Glauri » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:40 am

Among other things, I found that by using a piece of software called Roboform I don't have to worry about this stuff. If directed to a phishing site, it simply will not fill in login information. Takes the thought out of it...which as you know, is critical to my continued functioning!
Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many.
Glauri

kCii
Whee!

Postby kCii » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:08 pm

Takes the thought out of it...which as you know, is critical to my continued functioning!

thoughtless, i like it~ :P

kC

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:21 am

Ack! those emails "from blizzard" are coming from me now. They hacked my hotmail account. This morning when i checked it there were 4 undeliverable notes from hotmail. 2 hours later there are 25 more. Sigh, time to scrub the puters and change passwords.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:17 am

Aren't people wonderful creatures?

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:52 pm

oh great now its my turn lol. my wow account just got hacked. character deleted, then my account got banned for spamming....
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Tarvas
Whee!

Postby Tarvas » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Laminate wrote:oh great now its my turn lol. my wow account just got hacked. character deleted, then my account got banned for spamming....

Just deserts for playing WoW.
Alan
I'm a Tank!
Punked, Carvas, Harvas, Cayleb

Meso
Whee!

Postby Meso » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:06 pm

hah, they got my account - and I don't even have an account.