Just installed Windows 7 and need some help...

Moderator: Littlabit

Larulik
Whee!

Just installed Windows 7 and need some help...

Postby Larulik » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:53 pm

I just installed Windows 7 with a clean install, and I reinstalled EQ from the disks.. I wanted to download all the patch crap since I knew it would take a couple hours to download all the files and it won't even download the full update patcher. About halfway through the patcher download, I get the message "Error: Could not download to file. Please rerun Everquest.exe to try again"... is there something with Windows 7 that I need to adjust, or something with my firewall/security program (I bought Webroot Antivirus and installed that as well)..
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Laminate
Whee!

Re: Just installed Windows 7 and need some help...

Postby Laminate » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:44 pm

which disks did you use? older disks sometimes give problems with vista and 7. and by the way, you can copy the entire everquest folder from one computer to another without any problems. ive been using the exact same everquest files for probably at least 5 years now, form xp to vista to 7. if that still doesnt work you can always try to uninstall what you have and go here http://eqplayers.station.sony.com/conte ... e=Download.
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

obsessedwith
Whee!

Re: Just installed Windows 7 and need some help...

Postby obsessedwith » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:46 pm

makes sure you are running it as an admin, right click eq icon, click on run as admin. You will have to do this everytime unless you disable user control