Wed night trouble.

Moderator: Littlabit

Wedilix-Spiritspeaker
Whee!

Wed night trouble.

Postby Wedilix-Spiritspeaker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:37 am

---Long Version--- (Short version below)

Well, my father's been having some problems with a new HD he had purchased a few days ago and couldn't get it to boot up with WinXP after he had used Norton Ghost.

So...being the nearest thing to a computer nerd he could call, I offered to help. After about an hour, I got agitated with the drive, so I took it down to my computer and pulled my secondary drive out so I could format/install it. I went along with the install without a care in the world. I did notice that the drive size seemed to be off, but being in a hurry to get back online, I overlooked it. Noticed the partition type was unknown, so I just blasted it out and made a new partition. Started formatting and it locked at 20%. I finally said screw it and took the drive back to my dad. When I got back and booted my comp, I saw....nothin. Wouldn't boot up.

Needless to say I was a mite bit pissed. Tore my box apart when a flash of inspiration hit like a bullet to the brain.

Both drives were Maxtor. --No problem.

Both drives were set to master. --Which in itself is fine.

Both drives were on the SAME ^%$&#*@ IDE CABLE. --Which is not ^&*#(@ fine.

So after about 6 hours, I finally got both computers back up and running. (Stupid LBA BIOS setting. His origional was set to CHS) As of now, I don't even have my EQ discs around so I'm gonna try to download the trilogy tonight.

---End Long Version---

---Short Version---

The reason I wasn't online was cause my comp fell down went BOOM!
Wedilix Spiritspeaker - 65 Shaman
Bhaoq - 64 Shadowknight
- And way way too many others.

samane
Whee!

Postby samane » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:06 am

You didn't miss much,, The servers went BOOM.
They announced a server down for 30 min,,, it was a lot longer thatn that.
Love and Hugs
Samane

Wedilix-Spiritspeaker
Whee!

Postby Wedilix-Spiritspeaker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:10 am

On a related note, the dowload that's linked here doesn't work, at least for me. Keeps dropping out at about 40%. Tried with IE and Go!Zilla. Both are crapping out on me. Anyone have any ideas? Cause it's gonna be a couple of days until I can get my hands on my CDs again.

Bhaoq - 64 Shadowknight

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:34 am

You know when I switched computers I only used my latest disk. Then when I used the updater EQ loaded all my files, since I've regestered all my upgrades EQ knew I had the disks at some time and it was really np. This is good, due to the fact I have no idea where my original EQ is nor do I know what happened to my Kunark. I've had been missing those two CDs for about 3 years maybe. If you cant find a copy of at least one CD I would suggest going into Sony's site and see if you can download just the patcher program then you can start the process of downloading all the new info thru your modum. I know I had to download a patcher program after I think it was the POP expansion due to bugs then with it. So it should still be out there somewhere even an old version will update itself once you conect to SOE.

Wedilix-Spiritspeaker
Whee!

Postby Wedilix-Spiritspeaker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:38 am

It's possible that I'm just a moron, but I can't find jack on the eq site. I could buy a new copy with thier Digital Download, but that's a bit extreme. Go!Zilla is sorta halfway working. It'll download a few megs, then stop, then I have to wait a while and resume, rinse and repeat.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Bhaoq - 64 Shadowknight

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:46 am

I will give it a shot, and try looking for a patcher, I got a few minutes before bed.

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:48 am

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:52 am

Wedilix-Spiritspeaker
Whee!

Postby Wedilix-Spiritspeaker » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:04 am

This one downloads a bad .zip file.

We have liftoff! Thanks Pohl, appreciate it.

Bhaoq - 64 Shadowknight