Americans!

Moderator: Littlabit

Dawnz
Whee!

Americans!

Postby Dawnz » Sun May 17, 2009 10:00 am

Unite! For those of you in the area that can help this cause please do so. http://www.tcunation.com/profiles/blogs ... king-to-dc
Dawnz~~~
I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." — Marilyn Monroe

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Re: Americans!

Postby tauaunt » Sun May 17, 2009 11:05 am

I like to see stuff like that! I will follow the progress.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Sun May 17, 2009 4:40 pm

/politics

I agree with his point that we are a nation far from the intent of our founding fathers. And I am a conservative person. But the word "hijacked" suggests something nefarious. I beleive the truth is we modern Americans have gotten what we wanted, asked for, and voted for. I don't think the origins of our government are in any way perfect -- just look at the Bill of Rights and Amendents. But I wonder how many Americans would start this country under the principles with which it was started; my guess is that the majority of Americans would not. Which in my opinion is a sad, unfortunate, and ultimately dooming truth. But don't say we were "hijacked".

/politics off

Big Green Bait

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon May 18, 2009 4:47 am

For the most part, I agree with Buaz on this.

I seriously doubt that there will ever come a time when you have the combination of people, vision and environment to create a document such as the Constitution of the United States. Like all pure forms of government it eliminates the basic underlying human self interest and greed, the US had the best chance in a long time with the contitution but it did not take long to become sidetracked/perverted

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon May 18, 2009 6:36 am

OooOoooOOH!! BIG WORDS!!!!!!

That's it, I'm moving to Austrailia. Thier accent is hawt anyway.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon May 18, 2009 7:29 am

Americans are over rated...Then again, so are humans.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon May 18, 2009 9:57 am

I must be feeling rather agreeable today, because I agree with Goofy to some extent also

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Mon May 18, 2009 3:15 pm

/em Tauaunt shakes his head, with replies likes this, all will be lost.

I always try to keep politics out of EQ just because politics really aggravates me to hell, while I do agree with what you say, you will bury me before I agree with the way we are going! I for one believe in the constitution and will let all that I vote for know that. I promise, well almost promise, that I will not respond to this thread again. I will say though, there are plenty of Americans that would love this country to start fresh from the words of our founding fathers. The Constitution has outlasted many other government systems and if given the chance, it will straighten up the wrongs that have been done in many of the past years (and I dare someone to say the past eight years, this has been going on for many years before that and trust me, I can rip to shreads any thing that is blamed on that, not that the past 8 years did not contribute but that is a drop in the bucket) And Jafford it saddens me to agree with you, greed is the culprit of its demise.

Enough said, lets kill something!
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

obsessedwith
Whee!

Postby obsessedwith » Tue May 19, 2009 12:16 pm

Hijacked? There is no way we or any other nation could ever run a country the way it was founded unless it was founded yesterday. The idea is still the same but with different changes to the world and technology you have to adapt. The biggest problem with our country is people want to bitch when they don't get their way, but never want to take on the responsibility of accepting any blame for what they themselves have caused. Take for example parents blaming video games for their kids killing someone when in all reality it is their fault for not taking more interest in their kids, taking the time to explain the differences between how life is and what is on a movie, or using a TV as a babysitter. Blah, done ranting i suppose but to sum it up, The country is fine, it's the citizens that are jacked.