2012 Planetary Collision - For Miklo

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

2012 Planetary Collision - For Miklo

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 am

Where is this evidance that Earth with get hit or have a near miss with a object in 3 years? From my research, it is all bible bullshit. Anything factual anywhere?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: 2012 Planetary Collision - For Miklo

Postby Jhereg » Tue May 12, 2009 11:27 am

The end of the Mayan calender is set at Dec 21st 2012 (possibly might be off 1 year). And a movie is coming out using that theme. There is nothing directly in Christian texts, only 'pagan' Mayan stuff, 'coded messages', etc.

A link to the movie coming out:
http://www.whowillsurvive2012.com/

Here's a bunch of twists on actual stuff to make it try to fit together into one theme: http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/
Another: http://www.apocalypse2012.com/us/
And again: http://www.december212012.com/

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Tue May 12, 2009 12:58 pm

You are right on the date Jhereg, also Nostradamus had that as a special day. There is a lot of weird and interesting things that surround that date. The best explanation that I heard of what will happen is all the planets will be lined up and could possibly screw with the gravitational pull. But the earth is a few billion years old, this will not be the first time it has happened, and won't be the last.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue May 12, 2009 1:16 pm

Miklo was talking about some new planet that was found which is supposed to come near earth, if not smash into it, sometime in 2012. I find nothing that says anything about that. Or, since I got in the conversation after it started, maybe I misunderstood, but I don't think so.

Oh no!

http://www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/1.htm

I'm hoping at least 80% of the human population will just shoot themselves in the head shortly before the date and I can laugh. Seems the Swine Flu wasn't the plague I was hoping for, so I am depressed.

Borkin
Whee!

Postby Borkin » Tue May 12, 2009 9:29 pm

In truth its all a bunch of BS....the Mayan had to stop the calender at some point. I am sure when they did they thought we will just get back to it and add more years later...Oops now there no more Mayan to extend the calender. Like Tauaunt said the earth is a hell of a lot older than any life form on the planet it's not like it hasent happend before.

Be sides we cant be destoryed by a rock hitting us. If we were how are going to be around when the aliens invade us ????
"Veni, vidi, vici" ~ Julius Caesar ~
(I came, I saw, I conquered)

Borkin: You seem a little irritable, Passum. You got some sand in your vagina?
Passum: There's no sand in my vagina!!!

Borkin Blackfart 85lv Warr
Bowfar Blackfart 85lv Cleric

tauaunt

Postby tauaunt » Wed May 13, 2009 4:33 am

Borkin,
I have to disagree with you on the Mayan calendar. It is funny that this subject is even being posted on here. I have always been fascinated by both that date and the Mayan's. I just did a research paper on the Mayan's about 6 weeks ago and learned quite a lot, specially in respect to there calendric system. I won't bore you with all the details but they had three different calendars. All three start on the same day, there is a short one, one about the size of ours and a long one, the two shorter one will meet and start over about every 52 years, think of that day is like a double new years day. Now it takes over 5000 years for the long cycle to complete, that is when all three of the calendars meet. The end of this long cycle is December 23, 2012. That would be like a big time new years party, its like 3 new years in one.
The next day the cycle starts again, the calendar does not stop, it continues like it did in the past.

mikloftw
Whee!

Postby mikloftw » Wed May 13, 2009 5:26 am

Ive found that the mayans /aztecs were part of a Godly civilization and the reason being that there is no trace of them cept what they left behind for us to find ,was because they assended to the heavens ..After reading and still trying to confirm all this new information im gathering (which btw is blowing my mind).. ohh and btw tauauant the mayan calendar is only off by 33 seconds amazing isnt it only 33 sec. off after all these years ..?..with all the half truths created over the years one has to think for themselves and decide if this is all just speculation a lie or the hard facts ..I didnt start this discussion for u all to prove me wrong ..started it because it caught my interest and wanted to share it with the rest of u all ...

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed May 13, 2009 5:32 am

I agree with Goofy to some extent (which is rather sad), some kind of plague/mass death event will help the unemployment rate for sure. Like him I will be chuckling at the Darwinism event if it occurs in 2012 - will they wear purple for it?

As for finding no trace of the aztecs etc, wasn't that because the Conquistadors chopped them in to pieces and/or roasted them?

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Wed May 13, 2009 5:33 am

You talking about the galactic alignment that happens every 60,000 years? Some kind of zodiac alignment... think we are headed into the Pisces alignment. Beware the fish-head of doom. But a fum doomsday theory on that date is when the sun is gonna have a solar peak, basically earth is gonna get roasty toasty. But then again just speculation. Ive heard alot of theories on it from the mayans, to the free masons.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

tauaunt

Postby tauaunt » Wed May 13, 2009 5:36 am

It is by far one of the most accurate methods of time keeping ever invented, and yes it is strange all the things we discover with them societies. With ever question that is answered, it open up two more to be pondered on. Not going to say the world will end on that day, we have had many of the 12-23-2012 days through the life of this planet, but I did have my wife already put in for it off at work! lol

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed May 13, 2009 7:49 am

Miklo, I wasn't posting all this to prove you wrong. You are just the one who sparked my interest in it thus I was giving you credit for the opening thoughts and was hoping to see your views in print since I missed most of it in guild chat.

I really didn't research anything about a 12th planet. Everything I found was basically referring to old texts from different cultures referring to the end of the world or some other event. This to me is the usual Lemming bullshit. Somebody says something in a robe while wearing chicken blood all over themselves with a big hat and everybody takes it as a fact. Then that fact is passed from culture to culture over time with their own little twists and there you have it! And thousands of years later, people are still to dumb to have a clue so they continue to follow the ramblings of some kook. Kind of like Scientology and the Bible of every religion.

But hey, if the world comes to an end, then I guess I'm wrong. But at that point, who gives a shit. But, if I'm correct, then maybe everybody who lives their lives by some rambling from thousands of years ago as being fact, should reexamine their lives.

As far as clocks go and their accuracy, it is completely vain to assume only humans of today are smart enough to construct an accurate time piece by the stars and sun. Space has always been an interest to human life because it will always be something we will never know everything about. It will always be a mystery. There is nothing amazing about the fact a calendar or clock created thousands of years ago is still accurate today. It is all based on the same accurate science of planetary rotations and gravity.

I would venture to say this set of humans is the dumbest of all sets that have existed on this planet. Look at all the shit we've caused in the name of happiness and comfort.

As you can see, I'm an optimist at heart and hope for the best in everything. Or, maybe just a swift end to stupidity.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Wed May 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I don't know what the deal will be, whether it will be a planetary collision, a giant asteroid descending and starting another ice age, a massive plague similar to the Black Death, or what, but it would not surprise me in the least to see a massive event occur that will correct the population imbalance of the earth and its species (especially humans). Technology has advanced so quickly that there will be a natural overcorrection of things (and I'm guessing in the next couple-hundred years)
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed May 13, 2009 2:10 pm

Couple hundred years? I guess you won't be around to know if your guess was right or not.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

Well, I haven't done any research about potential dates or anything, but a couple hundred years is the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things.. It's entirely possible that it could be in 2012, or it could be tomorrow.. who knows.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Flyyzipper
Whee!

Postby Flyyzipper » Wed May 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Hawt Topic, I like the alien invasion idea, though far fetched. I also like the plague idea( call me a Ma) forget it I couldn't spell it right if I wanted too, it all boils down to one thing folks, kick back enjoy the ride and if it happens sweet, if not damn, I have to go to work the next day... :?