short AFK

Moderator: Littlabit

oneyedranger
Whee!

short AFK

Postby oneyedranger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Ladies and gentlemen, After many weeks of ups and down of not knowing if I was going to go away or not, I have found out today i will be taking a year long vacation to a small country in southwest Asia called Afghanistan. I will be back after that to annoy all again I promise. My last two weeks in eq before vacation in a foreign country I promise to not be too drunk on raids.

Oct
Whee!

Re: short AFK

Postby Oct » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:49 pm

Damn man, it's a travesty that you have to leave. And the average guild BAC is going to drop a couple of points. Take care while you're over there.

I'll have a beer in your honour next weekend.

PS, one year and/or distance to the Middle East is not short, and I know a bit about being short. It would be hilarious if you stayed logged in the whole time and kept the afk tag, though. But you would have to make your afk message say 'Just a sec.'
Octaevius - Cleric
Zaflor - Rogue
Dummkopf - Dumm

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:35 pm

hmmm...ideas

Tandt
Whee!

Postby Tandt » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:01 pm

Good luck over there. Youll be leaving right as i get back from my trip to Iraq. Stay safe and keep your head down!
Tandt Dmight
105 Warrior
:rr:
Its not big hair, Its my Helmet!

Boss mobs dont kill people, Clerics kill people!!

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:27 am

Good luck bud. My prayers will be with you and your family while you are gone. Be safe and you know that I will keep the beer on ice waiting for your return. I guess now I will have to drink doubles to keep up with the CN beer quota!
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

SarineeBarbie
Whee!

Postby SarineeBarbie » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:16 pm

One,

Please be safe, take care and keep in touch with all of us during your away-time. Best wishes and prayers for your safe, happy and healthy return.

Sari

Linfalas
Whee!

Postby Linfalas » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Good luck, One..... Keep yer a$$ down.....

Lin

Darklin
Whee!

Postby Darklin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:15 am

Well be safe over there One and keep both eyes open dammit, we still have to have beers some day. I will be in Michigan on 4th of July but looks like you will be gone (. We will have to catch up with each other when you get back sometime when me and the family are Visiting GR for sure. You stay safe over there man best wishes to you and your family.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 am

Take care of yourself One, and come back safe!!!!

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 am

Damn dude I was just getting used to standing next to you in the bazaar :)

Keep your head down!

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:10 am

take cares of there One.. will be praying for a safe journey and a return!

HUGS !
Derem and Sno

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:20 am

Stay safe.

Big Green Bait

Sharrien
Whee!

Postby Sharrien » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:59 am

Will you have to go through a bunch of training stateside beforehand? I only had about 3 weeks before getting on the plane, but I know there are some billets out there that require over 3 months of training, all of which doesn't count towards your timer.

In any event, stay safe over there and if you see any sailors standing around in the sand searching for the sound of the surf and looking a little lost (like I was, hehe), try to be nice to them.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker, Master Artisan, Master Researcher
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden, Master Artisan, Master Researcher

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:03 am

Darn, Oneeye, I was just getting the hang of having you around!!

Don't forget to update your myspace stuff like you said, so we can all keep up with how you're doing over there!!

/big hugs. I know people say 'Stay Safe' and it seems silly... like you're no doubt thinking, "No kidding dude, like I'm planning on taking the first stray bullet that veers into my vicinity" but I keep wanting to say it. So, 'Stay Safe' and come back to play with us!!

Do you think you could do me a favour though? Could you give Tandt a kick in the arse to get him to hurry up and come back? I haven't killed him in a group in ... oh, ages! I don't feel right about letting Bit die if she's playing him, but Tandt I have no trouble with.

Thanks!!

/hugs again.

Vitty
Last edited by Vitala on Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:28 am

Thanks for serving our country and stay safe.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:21 am

You have myspace? Why am I not your friend? :(

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:30 am

Well, the other night we were raiding... um... some zone with a lot of caves or something in it. The one where the majestic place mansion thingie is? Erm... what's the darn name of that zone....

There aren't a lot of mirrors in it for Vitty to fix her hair, so she wasn't terribly interested in it.

Anyway, we were raiding some .... like clockwork dragon or some such? ANYWAY, the point is, Oneeye and I were talking (I asked him why he was making remarks about 'not going to be here to do that' and stuff, so I wondered if something was wrong with him. I debated for a day or two to come up with a diplomatic way to ask him if he was suffering from something terminal, and finally just asked him). He said he was being shipped off to the Middle East (at which I made appropriate remarks about appreciating his dedication to his country, and how thank God someone is willing to stand up for us, etc. [I mean, why do more people not f*cking appreciate our armed forces??????]). If Bobbert were around, he would totally be appreciating my imbedded parenthetical marks in this paragraph btw.

Did I say ANYWAY already? To get to the long overdue point, when we were talking that night, Oneeye mentioned that he had a myspace page, but when I went to go check it out, I couldn't find it! He told me what it was listed under, but I had no luck. So I did a search for anything Oneeye, thinking maybe there'd be a link to it, but no joy there either!

At this point, I think Oneeye might have thought I was some kind of friendly lunatic (which you all know I am one, but he was quick to pick that up, being a relative stranger and all!!!!) and prolly diverted me with a false address.

Pfft.

I'm sure if you asked though, Silly, he'd give YOU the right one. :)

Silly for President!!

P.S. Everyone right now should take a moment to appreciate Lanyder's sacrifice for the good of humanity. Just think... if I were not with Lanyder right now, some other poor soul would end up having to listen to my rambling, caffeine-fueled, non sequitur-driven conversations. He really takes one for the team. :/
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:22 am

I will post the link when i get out of work. The government will not allow us to go to myspace on a .mil workstation.

warador
Whee!

Postby warador » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:56 am

take it easy one see you when u get back

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 pm

Hey One...

Out of curiousity, you wouldn't have gotten your name from the book series The Black Company by Glen Cook, would you? There's a character in the first book named "One Eye". Though, he's a wizard, not a ranger, hmmm. So maybe not.

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 pm

In all honesty it was a tradition based on a buddy of mine that was in ranger battalion who lost his eye in a fight while stationed in Ft lewis. He died in 2002. Thus, in honor of him I named my toon oneeyedranger. Then aftr that i decided to name all my toons oneeyed so everyone knew to avoid me or whatever afterwards.

oneyedranger
Whee!

Postby oneyedranger » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:28 pm

lerchinc
Whee!

Postby lerchinc » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:28 am

I know you will be quite busy over there but post how you are doing over there. You are in my prayers man :)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:03 am

LOL Vitala you always crack me up :) And do you have a myspace that I don't know about too? Jeeeez, everyone's hiding from me! I'm myspace.com/rhetorical_obfuscation if anyone wants to add me and keep in touch when not in the game world :)

Oneeyed, you're pretty darn funny yourself, sir! :D

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 am

No myspace for me, not yet anyway!

If I do, you will be the first to know, Silly. :)

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:22 am

Now I know where I stand! Seems about right though, lol.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:28 am

Er, given that I found out you had one months after the fact, Lany.... it only seems fair!! :P

Eh, I'm not in a hurry to make one though. It looks like it might be a bit of a time-consumer... and the time I spend on these forum boards when I should be at work is already a bit much, lol. Yeah... that's what I need... another way to avoid working. Omg, if my boss knew how much time I waste (I have 536 posts so far here alone, lol)--eeeek!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:27 am

536 = n00b

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:32 am

I'm a little late to the party, but take care of yourself Oneeye and come back safely!!

You will be missed. I know when I'm walking past my computer and EQ is up, I always get a giggle out of the things you say in /gu.
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.