Your Petiton Dollars at Work

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Your Petiton Dollars at Work

Postby Goofydoofy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:15 pm

Read this from the bottom up and please explain to me WTF the problem is with these people!!

Rank 3 Spells

Discussion Thread
Customer (drkdarin soe) 11/03/2008 08:09 PM
Let me try and explain this one more time. I am doing raids in the Serpent's Spine expansion. Namely, Frostcrypt and Ashengate instanced raids. Some of the mobs drop Glowing Obsidian Runes which any class can loot and turn into Kalim'Kar the Gold in the non-instanced version of Ashengate. He will then return to whatever class handed the rune in a Rank 3 spell. For each consecutive rune you turn in, you get the next Rank 3 spell in the line. I turned in 5 runes and was given the first 5 rank 3 spells in the line. When I turned in the 6th rune, I was given the first spell for the 2nd time, instead of being given the 6th spell. There are 13 spells you can get in this line if you turn in 13 runes. None should repeat until all 13 have been given. Upon turning in my 7th rune, I in turn was given the 2nd spell in the line for the 2nd time. I should have been given the 6th and 7th spell for the 6th and 7th rune. Not the 1st and 2nd spell for the 2nd time. The 6th spell is Winter's Flame Rank 3 and the 7th spell is Resist Corruption Rank 3. I am only after Winter's Flame Rank 3 as the rest in the line are of no use to me. Please elevate this petition to the next level so I can get this resolved without having a reply that means nothing in regards to what I need. Thank You

Response (GM Gurdis) 11/03/2008 07:41 AM
Greetings Goofydoofy,

This is GM Gurdis. I understand that your concern regarding the spell which you wanted. I tried to contact you in the game but you were offline at that time. I investigated the issue and was able to find all the spell which are for your class. as you are druid so you have all the spell's of your class in your spell book. So I suggest that you please check your spell you and I hope your issue will be resolved and you will find your spell's too.

Should there be anything else that your require assistance with, feel free to contact us. We look forward to providing you the best assistance possible.

Regards,
Game Master Gurdis,
Sony Online Entertainment,
EverQuest.

Customer (drkdarin soe) 11/03/2008 06:22 AM
I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. I am turning in Glowing Obsidian Runes to Kalim'Kar the Gold for Serpent's Spine Rank III spells. Not Seeds of Destruction. I have turned in 5 and received the 5 spells I was supposed to get, but when I turned in 2 more, it reverted back to the first two spells instead of giving me spells 6 & 7. There is no class specific Rune for Serpent's Spine Rank III spells. I have no use for any of the Rank III Serpent's Spine spells except for Winter's Flame III, which is what I was after with my 6th rune when it reverted back to spell 1.

Response (GM Dorrang) 11/02/2008 10:01 PM
Greetings Goofydoofy!

Game Master Dorrang here from EverQuest CS Department. Thank you for contacting us. I understand that you haven't "Wild Growth Rk. III" spell after turning in Glowing Obsidian Rune to the NPC Kalim`Kar the Gold while doing Seeds of Destruction Rank III Spells quest and also you have accidentally deleted your Trader's Satchel along with items on your character "Goofyseer".

I have investigated the issue and found that you are turning the wrong rune (Glowing Obsidian Rune) to the NPC Kalim`Kar the Gold. According to your class(Druid), you need to turn-in Humming Fleshwrought Rune to the get respective spell (Spell: Withering Sunray Rk. III, Spell: Squall of the Stormborn Rk. III). Regarding you another issue, I am glad to inform you that I have reimbursed all the items in Trader's Satchel to your character "Goofyseer".

If in the future you come across any in-game issue, please feel free to contact us.

Wish you good hunting and safe travels!

Regards,
Game Master Dorrang
In-Game CSR, EverQuest
Sony Online Entertainment

Customer (drkdarin soe) 11/02/2008 12:40 PM
I'm sorry, the toon I deleted the bag on was Goofyseer, not Goofytinkerer. I'm losing my mind.

Customer (drkdarin soe) 11/02/2008 12:16 PM
On 11/2/08 at about 12:10PM PST, I deleted a Trader Satchel on Goofytinkerer which had about 6 items in it. I did not mean to delete the items inside the bag. Please return the items or the bags with the items in it to Goofytinkerer. Thanks

Customer (drkdarin soe) 11/01/2008 07:27 PM
I turned in my 6th Glowing Obsidian Rune at about 7:15PM pst 11/1/08 which should have given me the spell Winter's Flame Rank 3, but it reverted to the first spell in the line and gave me Cloudburt Hail Rank 3 for the 2nd time. Please issue me the correct spell or 5-6 Glowing Obsidian Runes so I can get the spell I was supposed to be given. Thanks

Character Name
Goofydoofy
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Woldar
Whee!

Re: Your Petiton Dollars at Work

Postby Woldar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:14 am

Your trying to talk to the walking dead is the problem goof. The CS reps must be spending too much time playing WOW.

Candeys Treats
Whee!

Postby Candeys Treats » Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:31 am

ROFL.. that looks like one of my older petitons
i can be quite charming if i'm not mezzing around !

Healndealn
Whee!

Postby Healndealn » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:00 am

After the 2nd explanation your first words of a reply should of been , Hey Listen up Dummy, I think this guy was messing with you, no human being is that dumb. And he looked at your spell book and saw you have the spell and not seeing it wasn't rank 3 which was the problem. I refuse to believe he is that stupid.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:48 am

I don't know healn.. I currently teach in a high school where they're allowing students to go back and make up missing work even though the last marking period already ended (and we're expected to go back and CHANGE the grades for these students after they make up the work), and they're going to continue getting chances until they bring it up to a passing grade FOR LAST MARKING PERIOD!!!

The net result of this is students passing that have no business passing, students graduating that have no business graduating, and students being given a job somewhere because someone needs to fill the job and only those not qualified for better jobs often get stuck in the easiest jobs possible.

Is it any real surprise that the level of education in the country has been completely going to hell :roll:
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 pm

Welcome to No Student Left Behind. We can now get the idiots into the workforce as quick as possible and screw things up even more! Way to go America!

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:36 pm

I see these pass through students all the time here at work. They last a few months before getting fired. We are not doing them any favors.

Go to some countries around the world where they have graduation tests, after school study programs, and kids are in class year round. China and India are going to eat our lunch.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Woldar wrote:I see these pass through students all the time here at work. They last a few months before getting fired. We are not doing them any favors.

Go to some countries around the world where they have graduation tests, after school study programs, and kids are in class year round. China and India are going to eat our lunch.

I've been saying this for a while.. this new program for freshmen is the latest in absurd bullshit. All it's going to teach the students is that it's ok to not do homework because they'll give you time in school to make it up until you're passing anyway..

My father has a hypothesis that the govenment is trying to make the public more ignorant so they can run things the way they want when they want.. I've always been very skeptical of his ideas, but recently I've been starting to wonder.....

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:03 pm

The idea of "No Child Left Behind" in it's concept is good, as long as it is used properly. Teaching kids not to learn is leaving them behind. The way to Not Leave them behind is to find what works to help a child learn. People over all learn in different ways. My cousin is a firm believer of testing kids at an early age to find out how they learn the best (normally 1 of 3 ways), then send the children to a classroom structure created for that learning mindset.
This passing people just to pass them does no one any good. Larulik, I think your dad nailed it on the head. The more ignorant they are, the easier a 'smooth' talker will lead them over the edge. I took a year off from college and just came back this semester. Both classes, math and micro-economics, give students a chance to "gain points back" on tests. Lets say I got a 89 on a test. I can redo the questions, looking up the answers, then turn them in to gain half the points back. This would make my grade in the 90's. I feel like it's cheating.
Even in my math class, when we take a test, we can have a 8 x 11 cheat sheet for the test. As much as I like the extra bit, it shows the teachers lack of confidence in teaching the students before the test.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:53 pm

Hopefully the sun will explode soon or we will have a massive plague that consumes 90% or so of the human population. But that's just me. I'm a optimist.

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Melinia.Spellteaser wrote:The idea of "No Child Left Behind" in it's concept is good, as long as it is used properly. Teaching kids not to learn is leaving them behind. The way to Not Leave them behind is to find what works to help a child learn. People over all learn in different ways. My cousin is a firm believer of testing kids at an early age to find out how they learn the best (normally 1 of 3 ways), then send the children to a classroom structure created for that learning mindset.
This passing people just to pass them does no one any good. Larulik, I think your dad nailed it on the head. The more ignorant they are, the easier a 'smooth' talker will lead them over the edge. I took a year off from college and just came back this semester. Both classes, math and micro-economics, give students a chance to "gain points back" on tests. Lets say I got a 89 on a test. I can redo the questions, looking up the answers, then turn them in to gain half the points back. This would make my grade in the 90's. I feel like it's cheating.
Even in my math class, when we take a test, we can have a 8 x 11 cheat sheet for the test. As much as I like the extra bit, it shows the teachers lack of confidence in teaching the students before the test.

Regarding the NCLB, all it really ends up doing is keeping children that excel from getting ahead because you have to slow things down to the lowest of the students in the class instead of trying to push them to raise to teh challenge..

As far as the points back on tests, I don't have a major problem with it for high school students.. I actually do that in my class to allow the students to learn from their mistakes. However, I make students show all work on the problems to get the points back, even on multiple choice questions. The idea of that being done in a college classroom is absurd imo.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:46 am

We should slap the parents everytime a child does something stupid.

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:07 am

Goofydoofy wrote:We should slap the parents everytime a child does something stupid.

Would love to .. but would get arrested for "abuse'. heaven forbid we discipline our kids...

Bolwyn
His Own Special Title

Postby Bolwyn » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am

He said slap the PARENTS. Totally different.

Melinia.Spellteaser
Whee!

Postby Melinia.Spellteaser » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 pm

Bolwyn wrote:He said slap the PARENTS. Totally different.

Heh.. still getting over the election.. got confused...

Besides.. both should be slapped, kids and parents.

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:50 am

Regarding the NCLB, all it really ends up doing is keeping children that excel from getting ahead because you have to slow things down to the lowest of the students in the class instead of trying to push them to raise to teh challenge..

What percentage of humans were responsible for all major scientific, mathematic, and engineering advances? I would guess 1 or 2 percent?! Add in classic literature, music, and art and I would still wager the percentage is fairly low.

Holding back the gifted does all of us far more harm than leaving behind the slow. The world will always need manual labor and service industry employees. The "C" grade(70/100) should be average, but the average score is now much higher. What parent wants an average kid?

Many people have an entitlement attitude. Jee, does that sound like the reason so many people defaulted on their excessive homes over the last several years? I recall this line from the movie Ruthless People, "If you can't afford it, f!@#ing finance it!!"

The free ride is scholastic performance to financial credit to federal subsidies.