Ashengate west/Sothgar faction mini raid Thurs 8pm

Moderator: Littlabit

Jhereg
Whee!

Ashengate west/Sothgar faction mini raid Thurs 8pm

Postby Jhereg » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:05 pm

Okay, we're looking at doing Sothgar again soon and we're still hurting on faction for that side especially with some of the applicants. I'm hoping to start a mini raid on that side around 8pm EST on Thursday. The problem is I've got to be at work by 9:30pm est, so I'll only be able to start it.

You need ally faction + Vergalid flag to not be a raid in. We can get you Vergalid backflag item fairly easily, its the west faction that hurts.

For those who haven't read up on Ashengate west faction. Basically this is how it works from a complete fresh start:
You get Slicing Clay from Artificer Pulizzi in Sunderock (this gets completed during a normal plow usually).
You get Children of Flame from Jenray (past the Gate Guardians)
The mini raid plows to the egg area, you do your captures, you run back out to Jenray while the raid waits on everyone to do that.
You get A Daring Rescue from Jenray.
The raid now starts plowing to the end of the west side, collecting Lava Ooze Glands and Solusek Diamonds for everyone needing faction.
You kill the arbiter of ash, spawning Hildaga, hail her and the A Daring Rescue is completed.
You farm that area for more Lava Ooze Glands and Solusek Diamonds till everyone has ones, then you use the zone out at the final room (not on the platform)
You go to Jenray and get the task Under Pressure (sometimes it bugs and doesn't realise you have both items in inventory, get a new one or camp out/back in). Hand in your Gland and Diamond.
You get Children of Flame again.

Normally a mini raid takes so long you don't have time to do two complete plows, but a group might in a long evening. If you don't have time for another plow, you head off to Sunderock, finish your hail with Artificer Pulizzi, and get the Brim Task for the next plow through.

Rarely does the mini raid do Dark Guardians (Pulizzi #3), because the unlike the first two tasks the placeholder doesn't count for updating the task. So unless he happens to be up usually people just repeat Jenray 1-3 twice + Children of Flame a third time + Artificer Pulizzi #1/#2 to get to Ally(shouldn't have to do A Daring Rescue 3 times I think).

oneyedranger
Whee!

Re: Ashengate west/Sothgar faction mini raid Thurs 8pm

Postby oneyedranger » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:22 pm

I will be unable to attend the Aug 6th raid (taking the family out to the county fair) so I will try to make up for it on the 7th. Also i feel shorted! I did not die on the raid on the 5th!

Tchien
Munkygurl

Postby Tchien » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:48 pm

You could also get Tidying up in the Temple from Zhureni in Sunderock Springs and complete that on the same plow for even more faction. All ya gotta do is kill some container thingies that can spawn in the same spots as the mobs. I suspect that anyone with the task in the raid will get the task credit though I haven't tested that.

Alla's write up on that task

The posts about them having a terribly long respawn time are not entirely accurate, as I have seen them spawn in multiple locations with varying frequencies

tauaunt
Should wash his hands after playing with poison ivy.

Postby tauaunt » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:54 pm

I will do my best to help on thursday. This faction for the west starting to be a pita, been warmly countless times now.
No, I am not a pally, BUT I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night!!

Emarinn
Whee!

Postby Emarinn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:52 pm

For the darkshard guardians - we have had the PH actually update the task. That's how Mal and I got our updates on ours. I don't know if we were "lucky" or if it will actually update for the PH.
<Someday, I'll update my magelo...but just not today!>
Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Tchien
Munkygurl

Postby Tchien » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:54 pm

The PHs for various mobs are good enough for task updatres, just no loots obviously. Arbitor of Ash, Brimstone Juggernaut, Argil Oppressor etc.

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:29 am

I might be able to make it, but a little late. Depends on how late I'm stuck at work.

Big Green Bait