Raids from 54 going down to 42 in new expansion

Moderator: Littlabit

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Raids from 54 going down to 42 in new expansion

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:07 pm

http://eqdev.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/r ... expansion/

Sucks for the highend raiders.

For me I don't really mind it... means ill have less lag on those 42 raids. But other than that it doesn't really phase me one bit.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: Raids from 54 going down to 42 in new expansion

Postby Jhereg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:54 pm

I doubt it will go through. There's already 3 different threads on it and at least 90% are against it, if not more.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=136154 is the main thread.

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:43 am

I know Sony is trying to make this game more interesting to the casual players, but this could also kill the golden goose of hard core raiders. The high end guilds are having panic attacks over this right now and blood is flying.

I remember the old 72 player days that burned out raid leaders. Guilds had to team up to make things happen. This often created culture clashes. When we whent to the current cap there was a lot of transition.

I would rather they either:

1. Kept the cap the same
2. Gradually move the cap lower over the next 2-3 expansions (i.e. 48 being next).
3. Provide options of various caps and scale the content based on what is selected.

The main concern I have is raiding for a lot of us is the still the main attraction to the game and dramatic change can upset a fine balance.

I hope the feedback the developers are hearing will register, and they think things through before implementing something that could cause guild and raid problems. I can think of a lot of other changes that would be more beneficial in the long term for keeping players. Their recent efforts with events such as Legacy, fabled, and less fewer expansions are on the right track.

Woldar

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:08 pm

Jhereg wrote:I doubt it will go through. There's already 3 different threads on it and at least 90% are against it, if not more.
http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts ... _id=136154 is the main thread.

Jhereg is wise!

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:44 pm

Jhereg is wise!

Nod. Btw, I think it ended up being 10+ different threads about it, some of them 25 pages long or more.

Hopefully they will be able to find some way around things for smaller guilds though.

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:02 pm

Jhereg is wise: see below--

After continued discussion and reviewing the copious amounts of feedback we've received over the raid size reduction we've decided not to drop the raid size and instead leave it at 54 for now. We are continuing to examine alternate methods of allowing raid content to become more accessible to smaller groups and will be experimenting with some of them over the next several months.

We appreciate your continued feedback and support that helps make EverQuest the great game that it is.

Thanks,
-Rytan

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:45 am

seeing as they stole the 'dailies' concept from wow, why not have 2 group or 4 group raid content as toned down versions of a full raid zone?

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 am

Jaffod wrote:why not have 2 group or 4 group raid content as toned down versions of a full raid zone?

Well they haven't made toned down versions of full raids but there are a couple of 2 group mini-raids in SoF. Not sure they'd want to do toned down versions of regular raids since it would make flags too easy to get with the way they're doing flags, but they are working on other content for smaller raid forces:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4358
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4377