Why I deguilded...

Moderator: Littlabit

Larulik
Whee!

Why I deguilded...

Postby Larulik » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm

I apologize for not posting this right away, but there has been a lot going on the last couple days. I had been torn for the past week or two because I have enjoyed being in CN immensely. However, one of my in-game friends started a brand new guild (Umbrae Praedatorae), and asked me if I could come with him to help him out. Since he's helped me tremendously over the past several months, I decided that I would indeed assist him with getting his new guild going. If you guys are upset about that, I apologize, but I feel that it's the right decision for me to make at this time.

That being said, I'm still more than willing to help people out if I'm available, whether it's with flagging tasks, epic hits, or groupage, so please feel free to let me know. I'll be around and seeing you guys around.

Larulik
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Re: Why I deguilded...

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:53 pm

short timer! Good luck with the new guild, hope it is a 'bunch o' fun' :D

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:31 pm

Good luck to you Lar .. I didnt get to know you very well but hope you are happy in the new guild and thanks for letting us know why you deguilded stops alot of speculation :)
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Sevex
Whee!

Postby Sevex » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Umbrae has been around a long time. I was in the guild several years ago back when Erts and Chowa were active.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:17 pm

What's the warning they put on dvd's? The following commentary is that of the indivudual, and does not necessarily reflect that of CN as a whole or any of its leadership.

When you initially told me that you were leaving, I was like "well that's a bummer", especially since you told me about a week prior that you weren't going to leave. But the more I think about it, the more I feel like we were used. Within the barely over a month that you were in guild, you got your Dreadspire flag, your ToB flag, your full Demiplane flag along with 2 curse blockers and to top it off, you left with a negative dkp balance.

While you told me that you felt you owed him (and here you posted he's helped you tremendously over the past few months) and that was the reason why you were going, I feel like that's rather, well for lack of a better word, lame. I'm not sure what you'd call all the hours of effort I personally put in to helping you "catch up" or any of the help(?) other people gave you around here but I can't help but feel like it was meaningless to you.

Anyway I'm not angry as this may suggest, and the world isn't coming to an end (lol); it is a game and you should have fun and all that jazz. Just know that you aren't leaving me personally with the very best impression.

Take care,
Silly
(the cleric who can't seem to refrain from speaking her mind)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:28 am

Silly is wrong - the world IS going to end :shock:

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:23 am

I pretty much posted and deleted Silly's exact same post about 5 times yesterday. I was biting my tongue since people seem to look to me to be one of those people who will say what I think and not really care what happens after that.

I personally wasn't one of the ones that "helped" Larulik when he was constantly asking in app channel for help getting this, that and the other... because that annoyed me (as well as a few others who mentioned it repeatedly in Ventrilo).

So yes... he does indeed owe this friend who got him his epic 2.0, and his access to Dreadspire, Theater of Blood and Demi Plane. That's one totally awesome friend! (Or was that CN that did that for him? I forget... )

It's poor form to leave us owing some raid dkp... it's poor form to actively recruit from other guilds (and be recruited), and it's poor form to leave without warning after allegedly agonizing over this for two weeks (and telling officers you had no intention of leaving).

Silly may not be angry, but I am. I'm at the minimum definately peeved. I have a long memory, too... so if/when Umbrae Predatorae falls apart or doesn't live up to CN's extra specially goodness... I'm just going to point and laugh.

It's the extra hormones in me, I can't help it.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:42 am

omg Zady IS one of THOSE people :lol:

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:07 am

Two things bother me:

1) Vule's Eye wasted (this takes the effort of the entire raid to get, so that's a lot of people's time and effort wasted)

2) Negative CNP upon leaving (which means you got gear without earning it)

I'm not questioning your reasons for leaving, but your manner has offended quite a few people. This is why I sent you a tell the other day suggesting that remaining in our app channel the 'help out' might not be for the best.

__
p.s. Zady IS one of THOSE people and I wouldn't have it any other way!

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:55 am

People will always come and go. Who gives a shit? Apparently some do. I don't. I expect this from every single person. If it doesn't happen, then all is good. If it does, then oh well, I expected it anyway.

I really don't care if people get our help in the guild and move on or not. Or if they get gear and leave with negative CNP. I have more important shit to worry about. Although it is a bummer to see people leave the guild for any reason, shit happens. I've learned to not care anymore.

I used to get so pissed and flame every person who left for another guild when I was in Tribal Fury. Why? Because when somebody leaves, it lessens the ability of the guild. And at the time, I was fighting like mad to make Tribal Fury stronger and not weaker.

But, I've learned, oh well. I don't hold it against him or anybody else if they leave after getting stuff or not getting stuff. As long as they didn't cause a problem for me or the guild while they were here, good luck to them. If they caused problems, then hell with em anyway.

It doesn't bother me if somebody joins the guild, gets flags and gear and moves on. At least I had the chance to meet somebody new during that time and learn a little more.

The again, hell with you all!

Happy Thanksgiving!

But, that's just me.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Larulik
Whee!

Postby Larulik » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:39 am

If the negative CNP is a problem, I'll help out on raids as I can until I get the balance back to 0, while obviously abstaining from loot.

As far as the rest goes, I didn't intend to appear to use the guild as a stepping stone, or to just get benefits from. I was asking in the channels as much to get otehr people who needed the flag as to get help from flagged players, since I was trying to play catchup to teh rest of you. As a result, several people that weren't already flagged also got the tasks done that they needed. I also tried to help others whenever I could (even when I didn't really have to or want to). If you guys got annoyed at my requests, or comments, then I'm sorry you feel that way, but I tried to do what I thought was what I needed to then, and now.
"You know we're in trouble when the puller claims he can't see..."-Goofydoofy

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:03 am

You did help other apps and guild members get the flags. Don't worry bout it. Like I said, whenever people leave, people get upset. I was one of them. People just need to drink more.

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:43 pm

OMG... Is Goofy running for Secretary General of the UN?? Quick, someone warn William Jefferson Clinton he has competition! :shock:
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Merizel
Whee!

Postby Merizel » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:17 pm

Seriously.

Larulik.. walk away.

The rest of you... let it go.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:00 am

And again, I can't stress enough...We all need to drink more alcohol. Seriously.

Until everybody on the planet is stupid drunk, we just all can't get along. And after all, can't we all just get along? Drink up!

I want to see a total and complete drunk running for office. Merizel, you available?? OH!!

^^

If I stopped working, I might qualify.

Richardraul
Whee!

Postby Richardraul » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:55 am

Who the hell is Larulik anyway?
:roll:

Jaffod
Postcount Whore