Where do I go from here?

Moderator: Littlabit

Skuully
Whee!

Where do I go from here?

Postby Skuully » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:49 am

I am a Shaman for those who do know me, I've been back a little over a month from 3 years off, and I'm working at getting caught up. I just hit 75 and have a little over 200 AAs, I have almost 8k mana and around 6.5k hitpoints upbuffed (told you I was gimp). I am missing almost all of my rk2 spells (I have the vendor rk1 spells), and i'm missing some of the 66 - 70 ones as well. I've been upgrading my gear alot lately so I haven't made a magelo (sp?) account yet. I have a couple pieces of TSS gear, and bracers and shield from Vald. and some upgrades I got in bazaar (seems like all the raiding in VT and ssra was a waste now).

I'm wondering what should I concentrate on the most now? Grinding AAs, grinding to 80, getting better gear, getting missing/upgraded spells, or getting flags/keys (was working on PoP progression way back when, am just short of access to fire, I don't have any sigs yet)? If there is something else I missed, please feel free to suggest it.

I figured I'd ask you guys, I have been getting varied opinions from different players, and I know you guys wouldn't steer me wrong.

Thanks,
Skuully

Cicak
Whee!

Re: Where do I go from here?

Postby Cicak » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:11 am

Don't bother much with Rk.2 spells. Most are only marginal better than the Rk.1 and overpriced.

From the 65-70 spells you should get at least the 69 slow and 70 Champion. Most other stuff has been upgraded with TSS spells.

Definately you got to catch up in gear a bit. I think thats more important in your situation than grinding AA/Level like crazy.

AA/Level won't help you getting one rounded with gear thats 3 year old. Check out TBS Orux/Dubloun bought gear which are quite ok.

Welcome back and don't burn out while catching up.

Most important is, find something which is really fun for you. Don't start doing things that ya don't enjoy for the sake of catching up
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:39 am

I really want the group stamina buff, I have the single target version. I don't have the 69 slow yet, or champion, is that an upgrade to ferine avatar? I also need the single target panther spell, I have the 300dd proc single version, but not the 400dd, if I remember right I can get it with Orux/Dubloun.

I haven't done much in TBS, most tell me I'm too gimp for Katta, and I don't see many doing the Barren Coast quests. I will definately look into TBS expansion more deeply, I was concentrating on TSS molds, which aren't the most fun to camp for. I am so sick of the Chef camp in the steppes, but I finally got the arm mold! Thanks for the info, very much appreciated!

Skuully

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:12 am

champion is a group avatar. Single target panther is from DON, so you will have to do a few Creator missions :evil: Get a group of five BSTs and you will have massive dps with champ/panther - assuming they have spend the aa on the pet buffage

As for the rest of it, are you a root rot guy or an in teh face type? I am the latter so really HP >> mana, I would think that for root/rot then they are equal. I spent more AA on getting avoidance and mitigation than on anything else for the same reason.

Oh and would talk to Janor about how to not die, for some odd reason when szork has called for everybody to die or camp out - Janor always manage to camp out depsite being summoned repeatedly by raid mobs - actually I need to ask Janor how to do that also :D

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:27 am

When tandt and I came back after 2 years, we worked on getting gear from TSS the molds and then we went and worked on the powersources to go into the gear, as we worked on getting that we got our levels and some aa's exp at the same time. The best part of this also is that when working on the powersources, spells dropped too so we were able to find a few rk2 spell to get us through some. All of this is groupable.

We also worked on the DoN task due to the fact you get more HP, mana, End bonus'es and you can get some nice augs from the DoN vendor. Just doing those things along will increase you gear, your stats, you hp,mana pool and getting you some exp and a few spells or at least give you some items to sell to buy your spells you want.

Hope that helped, this may not be how others might say to do it, but it worked for tandt and I
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:51 pm

Cicak, I turned in a greater rune and got the 69 slow today! Now all I really need is champion and grp stamina of the 66-70 level spells. I also spent some time exploring The Barren Coast, I enjoyed the little solo quests, I will definately spend more time there!

Jaffod, I got the spell from the DoN vendors it is the 300dd single target panther, according to Alla, there is a 400dd single target one on TBS vendors (rk1-doub/rk2-orux). I am usually an in the face shammy when I solo or duo with my cleric pet (my fiancee kasandria). I will definately work on mitigation aas, I already maxxed Natural Durability to increase my HPs (more food for canni too).

Bit, I've been working on TSS molds/powersources, I just have horrible luck for spawn/drops/rolls, I hated the Chef camp!! But I finally got that armguard mold. Have been doing some DoN missions, just need a group to do them. So, I've basically been doing the same as you and Tandt, it's good to know I haven't been wasting my time :D

Thanks for the info all,
Skuully

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:51 pm

Champion is unfortunately the last spell of the 70 line. So it's gonna take you a while.

On the upside, while it's a good spell, it's not breaking you not having it. Ya might just have to suffer a bit melees asking for it in groups.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Cicak wrote:Champion is unfortunately the last spell of the 70 line. So it's gonna take you a while.

On the upside, while it's a good spell, it's not breaking you not having it. Ya might just have to suffer a bit melees asking for it in groups.

I've seen it for sale in the Baz, somebody has 17 of them, wants 27k each though... I might wait and watch the prices for a bit, especially after SoF comes out.

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Sounds like a reseller to me who buys cheaper copies in order to corner the market.

Is the spell worth 27k? Well, probably it is and if ya have the fundings ya might snatch one.

If 27k is a lot of plat to you then either wait till ya get lucky for a cheaper copy that ya can snatch before the reseller, or just wait till ya worked yourself thrue the Glowing Runes.

Alternatively ya might want to find out what ingredients it takes to make the spell via INT casters research skills. Can take this link: http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_ite ... 5000000000 as reference as to what to keep from loot or look in the bazaar for.

The components might be cheaper to get than the final product. And I am sure if ya asked nicely you can find someone to do the combine for you.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:56 pm

I have the (dropped) components for that one, so I'm willing to give it a shot. The trivial is will above my skill level though, so much if it will depend on the RNG wanting to give me a hug.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 am

Skuully, for that style of shammanising - avoidance before mitigation. Not getting hit at all beats getting one rounded for slightly less :wink: I think I am about an expansion ahead with regards to avoidance over mitigation.

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:15 am

Yep .. what Jaffod says: Avoidance > Migitation. Not saying that Migitation isn't important but Avoidance is more effective on us.

Same for gear when ya eventually get hold onto gear with Mod2s then Avoidance > Shielding ..
Cicak , Iksar Shaman

Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:17 am

bah Cicak usually confuses me with his speak of mods and effects, although for once I understand and agree (although HP > all :!: )

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:58 pm

Ommina wrote:I have the (dropped) components for that one, so I'm willing to give it a shot. The trivial is will above my skill level though, so much if it will depend on the RNG wanting to give me a hug.

I appreciate the offer, you don't have to, I do have the plat for the spell, I'm just trying to be cheap :D er... um... I mean, get the best deal! Yea yea that's it!

Thanks Jaffod and Cicak, I will work on Avoidance then Mitigation, makes sense.

Skuully

Stabwoundz
Whee!

Postby Stabwoundz » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:38 am

Skuully! Hey man, it's nice to see you posting around these parts of the web. Best of luck to you and the wife, hope to get you both in some more groups soon. See-ya around man.

Demonik Brutality - 80 Warrior
Stabwoundz Lustmord - 73 Cleric
Lilyeni Logickill - 75 Enchanter

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:56 pm

Congrats Demon on making it into CN, always up for a grp with you man.

I finally broke down and bought champion, paid 25K. Working on getting to 76 so I get a grp stamina buff. I got a nice belt in DS, seen a nice neck and mace drop as well, everyone seems to want to hunt there, so I guess other pieces of gear will have to wait until the new-ness of SoF wears off.

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:01 pm

I've been working the avoidance AAs and neglecting the mitigation ones. Should I continue doing that, or should I get mitigation up to step 3 or so, but concentrate on avoidance mostly?

Oh yea, the gear is coming along nicely, still need a couple pieces, but I can get hit a couple times in most zones before I die now!

Thanks,
Skuully

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:06 pm

To my mind, the initial (Luclin) AAs buy you the biggest bang for your AA buck. So, were it to be me, I'd get the first three levels of each, then focus on avoidance before mitigation. In my opinion, the power gained from mitigation three outweighs that gained by avoidance four.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:07 pm

I would agree with Ommina on this

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:26 pm

Well I've been working hard, and I'm still gimp, but I don't feel like a newbie anymore. I'm level 77 now, HPs 8k+ and mana 9k+ unbuffed. I still need to upgrade a few armor pieces, hoping I can get into a lot more Katta missions, or maybe get some more SoF drops, to replace some of my old gear.

I got a question though, I see you are closing down applications to the guild, how long will they be closed for? I've been thinking about coming back to CN, but I can't leave my fiance behind, and she doesn't meet the guidelines (Kasandria 73 Cleric 150ish AAs). We can't always play together due to my work, and sometimes she has a hard time getting groups by herself. There seems to be a LOT of Clerics out there now.

Skuully

Ovvned
Whee!

Postby Ovvned » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:03 am

Not sure if you got all the spells your looking for yet bro, but um I'll have Ast kill Chialak with me for the runes for you, will do it each day everyday we find it up, until you get all your spells. Ast is my bro, and though better then me in the game I own him IRL...so just give me the times your normally on and we'll down chialak for you, just have Blood of Nadox loaded lol.
Also we are going to try and 2 group DoN dragons in a little bit for the fun of it, if I can get you in for the gear I'll be glad to...also anyone else that wants to come is welcome too...its just for fun so you know, not sure how loot will be done, but I'm assuming most people won't need the loot from the dragons...old style gear, but I'll talk him into letting you come if you need something. Just trying to help, if you need anything let me know bud.