Hey guys! Paris pics are finally up!!

Moderator: Littlabit

Qmaus
Whee!

Hey guys! Paris pics are finally up!!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:56 pm

Just thought I'd let you all know that I've finally finished uploading and commenting all eight photo albums from the trip to Paris and it's all available through my myspace page, http://www.myspace.com/qmaus in case you are interested in checking them out.

Bad news is that I think you actually need to have a myspace account to view the pics.

Good news is that it's free to make one, and you can always just make a quickie, look at the pics, and delete your account if you don't want to stay on myspace.

Jhereg
Whee!

Re: Hey guys! Paris pics are finally up!!

Postby Jhereg » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:11 pm

Some nice pictures, all good quality shots it seems. A hell of a lot of statues, I assume you like sculptures and stuff?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:44 pm

Paris has a boat load of statues, well except the one they sent by boat to the US

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:59 pm

Oh oh oh .. and there I thought ya are european.

Of course Paris has a Statue of Liberty as well! It's smaller, but it's there.

Eventhough it's pretty close to the Eiffell Tower it's sorta directly at the river and people visiting the tower don't necessarily see it.

Actually Qmaus did make a picture of it as well .. shows how much you pay attention. Watching TV again?

I think Qmaus comment is wrong though. I am 99% sure that the Ellis Island Statue is older and a gift of french. The Statue in Paris is actually a gift from the United States.

Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:02 am

yes there is one in Paris, but that does not invalidate my comment. Most people know the Statue of liberty, very few know any of the ones in Paris (or anywhere else actually)

I have not looked at Qmaus' pictures yet

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:53 pm

Got the info on the Statue of Liberty from the private tour guide I had at Versailles (she gave us misc. info about Paris, too). She could be wrong, I guess, but she at least seemed to know what she was talking about.

Anyway, as far as my liking sculptures, etc. I do, but I wasn't aware of how much I liked them until I hit Paris, LOL.

And yeah, that stuff is all over the city. Everywhere you go there are statues of things.

I also had no idea that I was such an art fan, period, until I got there. I knew that I liked Van Gogh, so I went to see his stuff at Musee d'Orsay, but I also liked A LOT of the other stuff in that particular museum. Judging from what got my attention, I have a sense that I really like impressionism itself a lot. Then again, a lot of the non-impressionist stuff really got my attention, too. I guess I'm just an art fan and simply had never been aware of it due to lack of previous exposure.