Help I'm stuck

Moderator: Littlabit

janor
Whee!

Help I'm stuck

Postby janor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:17 am

Hi guys. I havent ran a way i just been having tons of computer problems last Sunday i got spamed with all kinds of trojans worms and who know what else i was doing some searching on web and got a window that say i needed to upgrade my active x and so when i approved BOOM! i didnt get up grade just tons of problems. So i wiped the computer and had to reload every thing and then once i had all rdy and had even signed on EQ couple times testing and all seemed well but had to upgrade my direct x . So i went on and downloaded the auto triggers and all maps from eqtool box and about 30 mins before game time i went to log in game and I havnt been abe to get in game been get EQ ERROR windowThat says "EVERQUEST:eqgame.exe-applaction error The instruction at "0x014787c3" Reference memory at "0xfffffffc" The memory could not be read This computer stuff is wearing me out since i know very littleif any one can help willing to try any thing would have pasted screen here but didt know how to get it here'

PS. sorry to be so wordy and long but I'm stuck

Benny
eq.JPG
eq.JPG (67.25 KiB) Viewed 2621 times

Mandaar
Whee!

Re: Help I'm stuck

Postby Mandaar » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:04 am

Two things:

1. Download Firefox and use it. It has no active-x component and is not used enough to be a primary target of virus distributors. Honestly, once you use it, you'll never want to go back to explorer.

2. Are you using an anti-virus software? If not, download a free one like AVG Free by Grissoft (or gris-something).

What that message is telling you is that it's trying to access a memory location that is outside the allowed memory space you have access too. When I see that, and I never do since I gave up explorer, I know that either there's a bug in the program I'm using, or my system has lost track of where it wants to go. This can be caused by a variety of things, but this close to having a destructive virus, it's likely that something malicious is going on. Either it's a corrupted install, or you didn't reformat so the virus is still there. If you didn't fully reformat, I would do so before I did anything else.

If you do go that route, make sure that you immediately download AVG-free and get it up and running in the background while you disable messenger and do your security updates. Beyond that, if you don't want to go through another re-install, I'd take it to the official EQ site, but honestly, your best options are reinstall EQ or reformat unless someone here has a better recommendation.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:48 am

No idea how to fix the current problem hon (hopefully Mandaar's suggestions work), but these are the two things I use to get the nasties off my computer:

Free virus scan- http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and

Free spyware removal- http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Both of which seem to work well and if one doesn't catch something, the other always does.

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:05 am

thks guys for helping still working on issue

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:07 pm

higuys we are going to format and try an reinstall all again will let you know if that works lo or even better you will see me in game thnks Rendus and yes i like that spy wear i use avg spy wear. was good to get so info on what i was getting didnt have a clue what it was couldnt find any thing on it

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:14 pm

Well i formated and reloaded all files and patched in EQ and all is still the same i have contacted eq tect and they want me to send them log files client ini files and dbg txt files and to send them dxdiag.txt files also MSinfo.txt files not sure what all that is but we tring lol so good luck in raids i hope to be back some day. this is very fustrating

Cicak
Whee!

Postby Cicak » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:23 am

That looks like the crashes I was suffering a long time from (if people still remember that I ad serious LDitis in the past)

Started first very occasional every few days, till in the end several times per hour.

After replacing MoBo and Graphiccard it stopped. Never found out which of these was actually defective cause I changed both at once.

Not saying it could be a hardware defect at your end. But it's for sure a possibility you micht not dismiss easy, eventhough everything else besides EQ runs stable (like it did for me)

As a quick check for general stability of your PC under load ya can download Prime95 here: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm
and let it run a few hours and see if it crashes your PC.

If it crashes your PC something is not right. Still ya don't know what, could be anything from insufficient fan (dust), broken ram, insufficient power supply, and so on and so on.

Can read the Wiki for further info what it does exactly and why it helps recognizing hardware problems:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime95

Another good test that concentrates on RAM can be found at http://www.memtest.org/

If Prime95 fails ya could run memtest to start eliminating the source of the problem. Or ya can start with the memtest, after all it's a Read Error on the RAM. On the first glimpse it doesn't look like a AccessViolation to me as suggested before. A AccessViolation should come with a ErrorCode included in the Error window .. . Though the Address 0xfffffffc looks fishy, so i wouldn't exclude it either.

What does the Event Log say when it happens? (Click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Event Viewer)

There should be an entry to the crash somewhere. What eventnumber does it give? You can find out what the eventnumber means here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/suppor ... anced.aspx

That should clear up if it's tried to read/write protected Space, or if the address isn't existing physically in your machine or if it simply couldn't read it.
Cicak , Iksar Shaman
Puniam Brokenwand , Erudite Enchanter
Sembuh , Gnome Cleric

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:39 pm

Hi guys i really miss being in game well i e-mail eq tech support the items they requested but so far nothing in return other than to search thier knowlege base but that rough for a dummy like me. cicak i did run that mem test that sony linked me but they didnt give much heads up about it other than run it so i down loaded it to floopy for a boot disk as they asked and let it run it took like 3 hours for 1 complete cycle i guess you would callit and got the pop to esc to quit it did say pass and didnt see any errors but didnt know if it had to run a complete cycle for each mem slot or 1 time covered all i'm running with 4x's (512) a test i also did if they wanted me to look at memory i took out 1 pair of 512 sticks and tried game and same message so i place other 2 in and used oppisite slots and also got same message . I was going to try and place my file on here that i sent to EQ maybe some of you could look at them i feel you guys know as much or even a lot more than their game techs or at least explain it to a computer dummy where he can under stand what to do.
Files.zip
(120.82 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:59 pm

oh by the way guys i had another question well couple when you guys click the eq icon and patcher starts mines seems to move ok but when it get to graphics loading to the next window where you login it takes like 2 mins and not sure if it was like that before problems i know with old patcher from the time i clicked icon i was in game in less than say 3mins because when i was doing all that lding i would log back in and be waiting on eq to reset just wondering if that is any thing and message doesnt pop up for like 1 1/2 mins to 2 mins after i click play to launch game. k second question when you click my computer/c/program file/everquest then open when you scale down to the eq titles do any of you see EQ missing do any of you have that i have like 5-6 of them or i'm i maybe missing the files i need to play game? Hope theat helps

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:29 pm

[Windows Error Reporting]

Time Type Details
10/2/2007 9:48 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.2.101 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

10/2/2007 9:42 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.1.47 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

10/2/2007 6:49 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.2.101 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.1.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

10/2/2007 6:28 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.2.101 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been

10/2/2007 6:28 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.2.101 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been

10/1/2007 1:57 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.2.101 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been

9/30/2007 9:31 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 68.56.55.109 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been

9/30/2007 5:29 PM Dhcp The IP address lease 192.168.100.2 for the Network Card with network address 0014BF570667 has been
denied by the DHCP server 192.168.100.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

I'm not as good a resource as the folks on the EQLive forums, but there are a couple things that cause me concern.

Primarily, you seem to have two (er, three?) DHCP servers on your network. x.x.2.1, x.x.1.1 (presumably the router) and x.x.100.1. This is really two more than you need. It's little wonder you are going LD all the time, nor it is a big surprise that the patcher is having troubles. Tell us more about your network setup please.

Glancing at the EQ dbg log, it is choking on createdevice -- it's having troubles with the video card. It might be related to the video card sharing an ICQ with the network adaptor. Or it might not.

I'll have to look at the files a bit closer later to see if anything else jumps at me.

When you did the reinstall, you did flatten it and start over, right? Not just an install over what was already there?

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:47 pm

Hi ommina yes i formated the hard drive and started over i have installed eq like 6 times and repatched,but yes i have done total clean out for as my connection im on dsl modem and useing a linksys router kids seem to not having any problems with wow.
but i was having a connection problem last week also and so i called verizon to check out and the had to reset my ip address it is like 192.168.1.1 and my router is supose to be 192.168.2.1 and had a weird number so i had to pay linsys $29 to reset it. but is there is a third 1 showing up that could be problem because i was in game early saterday morn and login like always and set auto triggers and down loaded new maps from eqtools and about and hour befopre raid i went to log in and reset buttons and that when all problems was noticed.

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:16 am

Well guys i made it back in game last night after all went to bed lol it seems that al my trouble was because each time i formated my computer and reloaded all of it plus EQ is i went ahead and updated my ati drivers. a freind ask me to install my old video card and try that so when i did it was able to log in game like 5 different times i shut down and reinstalled my main video card without updates and was able to login well we will see how patch goes and see if that causes me trouble. I want to thank all that gave input and Rendus for helping. you guys were much more help that Sony they did say after i sent them the files they ask for was to search knowlege base :( night all and looking forward to catching up on what i missed.
Benny

Mandaar
Whee!

Postby Mandaar » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:25 pm

One thing, never, and I mean NEVER hit yet to any popup screen you get on the internet.

Don't EVER use Microsoft explorer unless its a specific application that must have it.

If you do get a popup like that, immediately, just ctl shift delete and close Microsoft explorer, as anything you click will be sufficient to deliver a virus to your computer.

janor
Whee!

Postby janor » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:35 pm

thks you guys for all the help all seems to be working now seems that the message errors i was getting was due to me down loading the newest video drivers because when i re loaded every thing that is what i was doing each time but then we just out of the blue decided to install old video card just for the heck of it tried every thing else and sony was no help they ask for all the files and then just e-mail me back and saidsearch the knowlege base which i had been but for some one that is not computer smart the knowlege base it much help I feel the money they collect they could make it more user friendly.ok kinda off track so when i put old video card in and updated the driver eq ask for, it login right in like it should but beings fan wasnt working on old card, screen would freeze due to heat so i replaced my regular card back in and just installed but my graphics wasnt the best so i just placed in a driver from like back in the spring from ati and all seems to work. i logged in and got a complete raid with only 1 ld so i guess all is well seems others are lding once in a while also. "So I quess this case is closed" unless i develope something later if so i will make new tag. I want to again thank Rendus,Ommina,Cicak, and others for input

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:16 pm

I had a similar problem in EQ with my Nvidia card. Everytime I updated the drivers, it would freak out. Once I put the old drivers back in, it worked fine. Weird lol! :dontknow:
Ryana