Oaklen

Moderator: Littlabit

Oaklen
Whee!

Oaklen

Postby Oaklen » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:17 pm

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself as the "new guy" monk. Besides gaming, I am also a huge football fan (hmm... wonder if anyone can guess my favorite team from the name 8) ) and I was curious if anyone else out here is looking forward to April 28th and 29th hehe.

See ya all in Norrath :wink:
Sensei Oaklen <Celestial Navigators>
Monkeying around since 2k

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:01 am

all I can say is Brady did tuck that ball :)

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:46 am

Man that is cold blooded... it is good to know who your dealing with haha 8)

Good to see a few fans out there :wink:

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:44 pm

I spent my first 10 years in the US in New England Oaklen, so the Pats were my local team. I live near Cleveland now so the closest place with an NFL team is Pittsburgh most likely:p

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:49 pm

The ONLY sport is football ;)

However... Had I known you were an AFC West rival team, I would have tried to sabotage your app - hehe (just kidding, of course) :lol: I am Kansas City born and bred, mighty Oaklen - but I'm sure we can still be friends!

"SHORT BEER?! What is that, some kind of joke?!"

Oaklen
Whee!

Postby Oaklen » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:37 pm

Man oh man! The Pats and the Chiefs? I had better watch my step up in this jimmy! Naw JK of course... AFC rules and you have got to respect your enemies. :twisted: hehe

Actually I was stationed at Leavenworth for a few years in the late 90s and I was happy cause I knew (this was pre NFL Sunday Ticket me) I would see plenty of AFC West games and be able to watch my beloved Raiders at least twice a year hehe. Thank god for silver (& black) linnings. :D

I hope you guys are lucky enuff to have the NFL Network where you guys are. I was dubious at first as to the need and practicality of such a channel, but I am deffinitely a believer now. They have had some quality Draft analysis all these weeks leading up to the draft and I have been eating it up.

All that said, the Oakland Raiders front office has better OPSEC than the CIA I swear. I follow the team as close as anyone and I never have a clue who they will draft. I got to think that either we stay at #1 and draft either JaMarcus Russel or Calvin Johnson, or maybe trade out to #4 for the Bucs to draft Johnson and draft either Quinn or Gaines Adams.

Ahh the joys of the off-season 8)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:10 pm

I think the Brownstains are after Quinn.

Actually I am not much of a football fan, baseball is my game. (well I love rugby, and cricket is fun if you have the beer support)