What TV Shows you watching this new season?

Moderator: Littlabit

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

What TV Shows you watching this new season?

Postby Zantetsuken » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:27 am

For me...

Extras on HBO ... pretty funny show... funny little clip on YouTube ( David Bowie "chubby lil loser" )

It Always Sunny in Phildelphiea on FX ... always been a fan of Danny Devito

Pretty much for me, i like my comedies.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:19 am

What's a TV show?

/boggle
:lol:

Landias
Whee!

Postby Landias » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:37 am

Heroes, Jericho (starting feb 21st), CSI, and anything on [adultswim].

Neibruoma
Whee!

Postby Neibruoma » Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:43 am

Is Extras that one with Ricky Gervais? That came out last year didn't it? Perhaps it's being released in the US this year.

My favourite show (though sadly it's turning to shite as they keep writing off characters) is Shameless. The first two seasons I couldn't get enough, the third season was tolerable. So far this fourth one has been right crap. But I'll still watch it through.

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:32 am

Heroes, Jericho, the new series the Dresden Files, and Battlestar Galactica.

I have to say, these four shows are awesome. A friend of mine TiVo's them because I just don't have time to watch regularly scheduled programs, but they are SO good.

The Dresden Files, for those looking for sci-fi show, premiered last Sunday but you can watch the entire first episode on the sci-fi website! Next episode is this coming Sunday (the 28th). Keldinaar, Ommina, Taminingle... the main character is a wizzy who lives in Chicago, so you might be interested!! For BSG fans, the Dresden Files plays right before Battlestar Galactica too, so talk about convenient. :P EDITED COMMENT: what I should have said is the BOOK SERIES this show is based on is EXCELLENT. Ommina watched the pilot and thinks it's got promise but is kinda lukewarm on how good it is. I am watching the pilot myself tonight to see what I think of it. Jim Butcher wrote the books (there's 7 atm) and it was GREAT... I hope the TV series isn't deviating too far from the written content. :(

*hugs to all*
Last edited by Vitala on Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:38 am

Is Extras that one with Ricky Gervais? That came out last year didn't it? Perhaps it's being released in the US this year.

Yes thats the one in the same. Next Episode gonna have Harry Potter as a guest star.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Anareon
Whee!

Postby Anareon » Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:31 am

Battlestar Galactica
My Boys

Blade Dancer Anareon Sauvwa - 75 Lyricist of Vazaelle

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:56 am

Heroes.
CSI (Vegas)
DiscoveryHD for the ooos and ahhhs
E! for the background inane chatter

Big Green Bait

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:35 pm

TV Series i watch

Stargate SG1 (season 10)
Stargate Atlantis (season 3)
Heroes (season 1)
Torchwood (season 1)
Dr Who 2005 (season 2)
M. D. House (season 3)
Sleeper Cell (season 2)

prolly more, but I keep forgetting what they are... these are the good ones :)

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:40 pm

Stargate SG1
House
Heroes
CSI
Battlestar Galactica

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:03 pm

Heroes - I'm obsessed.
Torchwood.
ROME - Equally obsessed.

Off to look for Dresden now... no Sci Fi channel in Canada. (The Canadian "Space" station plays much the same programming, but not always.)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:32 pm

House
Medium
Studio 60
Heroes - I only keep up to date with this because it is on before STudio 60

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:53 pm

I like a lot of the ones listed. I watch a lot of HBO series.

Sopranos. Total addict.
Rome A great series
Battlestar of course
Deadwood

American Idol--I know I know but its funny watching the freaks trying out.

Woldar

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:59 pm

What station is Stargate showing on? I'd heard that SicFi dropped it and haven't seen anything on it since. I pretty much tape anything I'm going to watch then watch when I'm not playing EQ.

NCIS
CSI (all)
Stargate (both)
Battlestar Galactica

Was thinking about checking out the new Dresden files...looks cool, but the last thing I need is to get into another TV show so we'll see about that one.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:56 am

Rome sounds interesting, going to have to check it out! And what is Torchwood about? Just the name sounds cool, guess I'll have to check it out too. Ooo, and Sleeper Cell sounds cool too!

Great. Who started this thread? Like I don't have too much to do right now to get it all done!

/stalks off searching for the thread originator to pummel them

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:06 am

Torchwood is a spinnoff series from Doctor Who. Its in the same universe but the stories happens on earth and the defense against extra terrestials. Its kind of like x-files in a way. Tho its not part of a bigger beureu like fbi, but is its own beurue(spellin).
http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchwood/

The story happens in UK mostly which is a happy relief from all other series and films where everything happens in US.

Sleeper Cell is US made, its about a fbi man which goes undercover into a terrorist cell. The series is very good and have many good points about society and how different things work.
Its partly critical to how US have behaved in some cases. Like if you have the wrong name you go thru hell in immigration etc.

The series are very well made and very fun, tho each episode is 1hour without any pauses.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465353/
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:08 am

Hey, thanks Sid!! :)

Both sound pretty darn spiffy.

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:36 pm

So - watched The Dresden Files pilot last night. A wizard named... Harry. How original! That aside, the show has promise, but my response to the pilot is lukewarm. It was just SO network.

Still, I'll watch the next couple of episodes, so guess it must have done something right.

ROME is an excellent drama, just started season two a couple of weeks ago. An HBO series, and rated 'Mature'. (OK, that may be a Canadian rating.) Sex / language / violence and some of the best set designs I've seen in a long time. Recommended, just don't look for "Light and Fluffy".

"Torchwood" is a spinoff of, anagram of, and bears no meaningful relation to, "Doctor Who". An 'adult' version of DW, it features some excellent episodes. It also features some episodes that are steaming piles of poo. In fairness, there is disagreement amoungst viewers over which episodes fall into which category.

It isn't presently showing in North America to my knowledge, and I expect the subject matter may be a bit 'strong' from American network programming. I would expect it to be a late-evening presentation.

(This statement, of course, almost guarantees that it will be on at 7:00 pm, proving once again that I have no real idea what I'm talking about.)

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:41 pm

An HBO series, and rated 'Mature'. (OK, that may be a Canadian rating.)

Mature in Canada would problably rate a XXX in the US. We seem to be a bit uptight when it comes to boobs in America for some reason.

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:54 pm

I know Tardar, it's such a shame. :/

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:38 pm

I love this thread already.

Thanks for mentioning your files Elera!!, hadnt heard about it and was about to get out of stuff to watch... seems promising!
Last edited by Siderius on Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:59 pm

I agree Tardar, US is rather uptight about nakedness - but violence is fine.

I will have to look into Dr Who though, I recall watching that when I was a child

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:58 am

Ok, and anyway Ommina, what did you want his name to be? Prestidigitase Dresden? Heehee. I like it that he seems an ordinary (and not that impressive) guy named Harry as though he's just your average Joe. Ommi, you really are one of the funniest people I've ever not met. I hope you're at the next CN convention!

Unfortunately I don't have HBO. Drats. I would love to see the Rome series. Perhaps iTunes will carry it eventually, or the DVD series will come out!

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:19 am

I thought the first Season of Rome was out already on DVD. I could be mistaken on that topic. Either way if it is an HBO Series, I watch it. They are excellent.

Rome
Soprano's
The Wire
Entourage

They are all good. I'm a fair fan of Sci-Fi, however I tend to shy away from stuff like BSG or the like. I rarely watch commercial Television so I don't see 24 or other network shows like others have mentioned. That is more personal choice than anything else.

for whatever reason I find it really intereresting to read about these HBO series. There is no advertising in pay channels to sell, so they make no money whatsoever. Every year the actors claim more and more of the budget with salary demands. So the lives of these shows really depend on how long they can control the costs so to speak. Yet, they do advertise on network/cable networks so they are paying lots to help get new subscribers.

That being said, who on this thread has a "In-the-Closet" show they watch but would rarely admit it to anyone? Mine is a show on the Bravo netork called Top Chef (reality series). The other is a show I can't remember the name of on the BBC network where they take somewhat kitchen illiterate people and give them lessons for half a show then they make them compete so they can rip them down and make them feel horrible. I personally don't care for the whole berating part, but the show does tend to attract me somewhat like a train wreck for Gawkers.

Any others out there?

Neibruoma
Whee!

Postby Neibruoma » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:08 am

You can get any show from anywhere in the world if you know how to use emule or bittorrent though this use falls in outright illegal/borderline/or just murky laws depending on where you live.

I've seen a few episodes of the new Dr. Who and it is much improved over when I was a kid. I used to love Tom Baker though, and the Daleks scared me to no end lol. I haven't watched Torchwood but will give it a go.

Other British programmes that I've enjoyed over the past few years - Sugar Rush (teenage lesbian in love with her straight best friend), Little Britain (various skits), Phoenix Nights (brilliant comedy about a bar owner in Bolton), Max & Paddy's Road To Nowhere (bouncers from PN do their own thing), That Peter Kay Thing (PK doing odd jobs, pretty funny), Black Books, and as I wrote before Shameless.

If you want info on how to use emule/bittorrent go to http://www.slyck.com once downloaded use the verified sites and enjoy.

Neib[/url]

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:15 am

Wow, thanks Neib on Bittorent info! /big hugs!

I need new ways to get in trouble, hahah! Woooot!

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:39 am

In Norway its legal to download but not upload :)

This one costs 10$ a month but it you dont have to upload anything, and most of whats there is good quality..

http://www.easynews.com
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:46 am

Neib, I have some memory of John Pertwee as Dr Who, but Tom Baker was in most of the episodes I recall :)

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:49 am

Im so jealous, I wish they were showing Torchwood here.
How is the next season of Dr Who? Is the new companion as likeable as Rose? Cant wait til we get it.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Only the first episode is out but i would say no from what i have seen so far. I imagine they must have looked wide and far to find a english woman as becomming as Rose :)

-- Stephen Roberts