Final Fantasy 12

Moderator: Littlabit

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Final Fantasy 12

Postby Zantetsuken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:58 am

Was wondering how this game was and is worth buying.

I'm kinda curious to hear about the battle system. I've played the demo version, just want to see how much system has changed since then.

Waiting for Final Fantasy 3 to come out for the DS. Will be a the only old school final fantasy i haven't played. Looking hot on the DS too.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

esutac
GSKCHA

Postby esutac » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:08 am

The story is amazing but the fighting system is very Parasite Eve which is quite a change from the other games, still not used to it yet. I'm still partial to turn based but hey, it's a little different and Sakimoto did the soundtrack so a lot of changes this time around :)

FF3 is (in my opinion) the second best in the series (some would argue the best). I highly recommend running through it.
Journeyman Fisherman Esutac Nemrakta of Vazelle: Proud ScourgeKnight of the Navigators

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:42 am

What would you call the first best then Esutac? :p

Now when you say FF3 do you mean FF3 Japan or FF3 American?

FF3 American was....unbelievable. I still regret not getting the special edition release that had the computer animated cut scenes for PSX. Still has some of my favorite music of any game. Shadow's Theme being one of my favorites.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Seperoth
Whee!

Postby Seperoth » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:40 pm

FF7 is my personal favorite but then again u knew i was gonna say that .... Muhahaha

I usually buy any FF game once i see it , thou because of so many negative reviews from hard core FF fans ive been putting off the purchase as well.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 pm

Lets just talk about the japan timeline for the Final Fantasys since they do go in order.

FF3 im talking is the orginal nintendo one that never made it to america.

But if Esu is talking about the FF6 one, then i have to agree. It is one of my fave's. But ill say my fav would have to be Final Fantasy 4 ( hard version ), and Final Fantasy 10.

Esu I have good news for you, Final Fantasy 6 is being rereleased on the gameboy advance if you got a DS. DS has a gba already built in the device.

Im planning to get these games for DS

Final Fantasy 1 and 2: Dawn of Souls - GBA
Final Fantasy 3 - DS
Final Fantasy 4 Advance - GBA (got this already)
Final Fantasy 5 Advance - GBA this game just came out
Final Fantasy 6 Advance - GBA coming soon

Now thats alot of portable final fantasy goodness!
Lightbringer Zantetsuken

"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II

Axe Master Verige

"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger