Software Reviews

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Software Reviews

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:05 am

I just purchased the following games and am looking for reviews from people who have already played these games. I will not get them for 1-2 weeks. Keep in mind, I will only be playing the single player version of the game. I also have all the cheat codes, walk-throughs, and patches. Please, if you've played these games before, give me your input on:

Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Game of the Year Edition

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion

The Bard's Tale

Disney's Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the witch, and the Wardrobe

Dark Fall 2: Lights Out

Quake 4

Fable: The Lost Chapters

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Fate

Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich

All these games are rated at least very good. Some are rated best of the year or ever. All kinds of different games here. What do you have to say?
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:50 am

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion – I played this game from start to finish on hardest setting. It’s an EQ quest, medieval time for the single player. Tons of quests, side quests discovered as you walk past a shrine, hundreds of caves, six levels of armor, multi classes, and a main quest you should wait till last to finish. You have guilds to join and you can even join all 6 guilds if you like but a couple (brotherhood I think) are not well liked by the guards.

Loved the game and would recommend it.

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:10 am

As for Oblivion it is excellent. Though I found it very short, I like the skill system....as you gain skill you gain special abilities to deal with that skill.

However, Morrowind is MUCH MUCH More expansive than Oblivion is. They made Oblivion to be "added" on to. GOTY Edition Morrowind has 2 HUGE expansions and I believe when it was first released as the base edition it was stated you could play over 150hrs and not even touch on the Main Storyline Quest.

Well worth your time, money, and investment!

Fable was also fun, I'd say roughly 50hrs of gameplay generally. A fun game in the fact your character evolves and changes as you play. Good or Evil his looks differ and your actions change the path of gameplay. Though I'm not sure about the lost levels, as that I haven't played....but the base Fable was pretty darn fun for hack and slash with some minor quests.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>