Awesome Games

Moderator: Littlabit

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Awesome Games

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:03 am

Folks...Oh folks...First off, whats up?!? I know you think you are old school and think you know whats what in the gaming gerne...You got your Zork and your Pong...But people, let me tell you a secret...Ever play Grim Fandango? This isn't a break-thru game...But I gotta say...Some of the best voice acting I've seen in a game. If you haven't tried it, buy it. Lucas Arts from 1997. Yea, 1997. Kick ass game for the time. But hey, you want something more modern? Not a EQ type game, but something like a action jumper? Maybe like that slut all us guys used to get off to...The Tomb Raider chick...Well, something better is American McGee's Alice...This STILL has to be one of the best games graphic wise and sound wise to date. Never heard of it? Well, it's from EA Games...Yea, the same company that makes the best computer sports games on the market. All the way back from, hmm, wtf, only 2002! Only 4 years old and this game will kick your ass just looking at it.

So, try these two games if you have never heard of them and see how a gerne can be made into a materpiece.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Terranya
Whee!

Postby Terranya » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:45 am

I remember them both, my brother was into both of em )

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:00 am

I remember playing a buck rodgers game and the other one was a helicoptor game were you either rescue or pickup people and deliever to a base.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:40 am

Funny vid - Stole this from the TF site.

Funny Vid work safe

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:45 am

It was, oh, all of five days ago that I last tried to get Grim Fandango working. I'm finding it has... issues for me on the new machine. But everything GD says about it is true. It's too bad that LucasArts has abandoned writing "adventures" games in favour of focusing solely on its Star Wars franchise.

Verrana
Whee!

Postby Verrana » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:56 am

American McGee's Alice i love that game especially when the dutchess is hungry rofl