Anybody wanna play a mystery game?

Moderator: Littlabit

Qmaus
Whee!

Anybody wanna play a mystery game?

Postby Qmaus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:08 pm

Hey guys, if any of you have time or inclination, there's this mystery game (it seems message board based) at http://www.mydarksecret.com that Terry (my wife) is interested in playing. I helped her start a new game and she's just waiting on 5 people to decide to join in so the game can start. There's no cost to play.

Anyway, many of the games are invitation-only, which means that Terry couldn't join them because she doesn't know anybody who is in the game. The game I helped her start up is public, so anybody can join it.

So if any of you are interested in having some fun with my wife (in a manner I approve of, LOL) come on by the website above and join up with her! Her member name is "prenzie", but the website may call her "Terry Marie", I'm not sure how they work out what you see.

Later!

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:45 am

I'll try to check it out later today Q. :)

Vitty

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:11 am

I am a bit confused about this game... What am I suppose to do? :P

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:57 pm

I joined up too, looks like we just need one more.

Rin
<<Sig MIA>>

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:10 pm

Kayrian wrote:I am a bit confused about this game... What am I suppose to do? :P

From what we've gathered since looking at the tutorial, it looks like you join a game that's waiting to start and then choose a character that's available. Once you have 6 people, everyone gets an email to vote to start the game and there should be a "vote to start" button on the website.

Once everyone votes to start, then they all get an email saying that the game has begun. It appears that most of the interactions are done via personal emails or message-board style posting on the game website itself and every character has certain goals for each scene as far as interaction with the other characters. Once you complete all your goals for a certain scene you get to vote to move to the next scene.

When everyone's voted to progress, the game moves on.

That's the basics of what we've figured out from the tutorial. I think more becomes understandable once the game begins to progress. My wife hasn't yet had enough people to start a game so the tutorial is as far as we've been able to go.

It's not a real-time thing like EQ is. It's pretty much the sort of thing where you can just spend about 15-30 minutes a day or so just sending out your questions and replies to the other characters and then you log off and just come back later or the next day to check for their responses, etc.

I had to help Terry get herself signed up. She was having a hard time understanding it, and was actually crying because she really wanted to try out the game and it was frustrating her because she didn't know anybody that could play with her, which is why I came on here and started begging you guys, LOL. My thanks to all who join up for helping to make her life a bit happier. :D

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:53 pm

Thanks again you guys for filling up her group! Just waiting for one person to vote to start the game! Hopefully they can figure out that they need to do that, LOL.

Rinnoa
Troublemaker

Postby Rinnoa » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:35 pm

Sorry, apparently that was me.

I've voted to Start now

Rin

Edit: I promise to check it at least once a day from now until it finishes.
<<Sig MIA>>