Qmaus in the news!

Moderator: Littlabit

Qmaus
Whee!

Qmaus in the news!

Postby Qmaus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:21 pm

I complained on the internet last week about the insane water bill I got the other day for my ruined home in New Orleans, and got the attention of the press! A reporter from MSNBC contacted me and the article is published today...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14686071/

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:26 pm

are thay asking you to pay for the water Katrina put INTO your house? Holy crap !

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:17 pm

Ohh man, thats horrible.

I'm sure this will work out. Hang tough man.

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:35 am

dude, get em Qmaus!!!

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:48 am

Well, if they actually try to make me pay it, I'm gonna tell em they can just kiss my derriere. If they want to press the issue further, I'm sure there are a number of attorneys around here that might be willing to work pro bono in exchange for a bit of press.

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:37 am

You live in Martinsburg Q? Sheesh, why haven't I gotten to see you yet! Go Go West Virginian EQ players! Yay!

Sometime we'll have to plan a get together. :)

And that water bill is outrageous, though I get that it's for the utilities not being turned off. Pfft. Like you USED any water in the year you WEREN'T LIVING in the house! Bah.

Vitty

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:54 am

Congratulations, you're on Fark.com

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:11 am

I noticed the article does not fail to mention you are an IRS agent. ^^

Big Green Bait

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:01 am

WoW your FAmous!!!

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:09 pm

Vitty, I had no idea that you and Lanyder lived in West Virginia. That explains part of why we've not yet gotten together. I still have to make plans to hook up with Tchien for lunch or something, I've just been too crazy busy and budget stretched a bit too tight lately to make some plans.

We could probably all get together at the same time; that'd be pretty cool. Even though I haven't yet made plans to get together with Tchien beyond the "we'll get together sometime soon", I do have a few ideas floating around in my head. I'll get some fleshed out in better detail and present them to you all sometime within the next few weeks and we'll all see if we can work out a date and time.

Terry and I have been stretching for the last few months because the water bill is not the only old bill we've received from New Orleans (water bill is just the only one we disagree with or think is unreasonable) and we've been trying to get everything paid off and over with so we can leave it all behind us and "close the chapter", so to speak. I'm sure Terry would love a chance to get out and meet some of my EQ friends, as well.

Talk later!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:43 pm

I only a few hours from W.Virginia also - of course it depends where about you are as to how many 'a few' is lol

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 pm

I'm in the eastern panhandle, close to Washington, D.C. Tchien lives in northern Virginia; also close to D.C. Not sure where Lany and Vitala are in WV, but I figure they'll clue us in as soon as they see the progression of the thread.

Unikyte wrote:WoW your FAmous!!!

LOL, yeah, I guess this qualifies as my official 15 minutes, thank you Mr. Warhol.

Azurefox
Whee!

Postby Azurefox » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:34 pm

Arrowhawk also lives in West Virginia...haven't seen that ranger around in a long, long time.

We live in Roanoke, which is, I think, more closely related to West Virginia than much of the rest of Virginia.

Azurefox

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:44 am

Hey! We could practically have a CN mini-convention right here! Woot, good to know Azurefox. :)

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:17 am

Vitty and I live near Charleston, which is about 5 hours from Martinsburg. I will be in Martinsburg on October 21st however where I will presenting a facinating seminar for work. Okay, I will be presenting a seminar at least. It lasts until 4 so a dinner get together that day might be possible. Any others that are close or willing to travel a bit would of course be welcome.

I would be happy for a chance to pick Qmaus' brain for Roguely information to help me play my rogue better. So far I have learned the autoattack, backstab, and wondering why my dps isn't higher part of being a rogue. Oh, and the hours spent LFG with no invites. There was that one guy that asked me to link my weapons, which I did, followed by hours of silence.... I personally don't see what is wrong with fine steel weapons!

Lanyder
Whee!

Postby Lanyder » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:20 am

Oh, and I really like Roanoke. I did get frustrated when I went to school at Virginia Tech (only one year though, maybe I should have actually gone to class while I was there) the news always talked about south west virginia. I never knew if they were talking about southern West Virginia or south-western Virginia. Okay, it has been 15 years now, maybe I should just let that one go....

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:26 pm

That sounds great, Lany!

I'm afraid the best Martinsburg has to offer for dinner is probably Outback Steakhouse (it's a small town, hehe). But Terry and I would be happy with that if everyone else is. Much better than Waffle House, LOL. I will say, however, Waffle House seems to be a pretty good place to acquire poison supplies. :P

Naturally, I'd be more than happy to tell you more than you'll ever want to know about playing a rogue. A few things you should know about in advance, however, is that there are certain unofficial things that every rogue needs to do at some point, and if you want to be seen as worthy of your profession, you need to do these at your first opportunity:

When you max out your lock-picking skill, you need to grab some tinkered skill mods and pick the lock on the Freeport Bank's Vault. It's not very exciting in there, but you have to pick the lock just because you're a rogue.

Once you hit level 63 and save up the six AA's to get shroud of stealth ability, you have to sneak in to both Permafrost and Sol B and pickpocket both Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen. Mind you, they are actually pretty poor for what you'd expect a dragon to own, so you won't get alot of cash, and the minute you pick their pockets your stealth will be broken and they will teleport you out of their zone (with their coins in your pockets, LOL!), but again, it's just something you gotta do.

Looking forward to meeting you guys, talk to ya later!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:05 pm

I levelled my rogue's pick lock starting on the entrance to Paineel and then on the door in Befallen. Is the pointless door in Freeport bank still there even? Has been a while since I heard of a newb being locked in there

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:38 am

Yeah, it's there. Reason you don't hear about newbs getting locked in there anymore is because something was put in the vault to give them a way to get out.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:12 am

that is wrong Q:(, taking out all of the ways we can have fun at the expense of others