Dont trust delivery companies!

Moderator: Littlabit

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Dont trust delivery companies!

Postby Siderius » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:00 pm

Hiya,

I am so frustrated right now. I have to just tell you this story. When I was "home" on hollidays this summer I took my computer with me. I rented a car and drove home, so was no problem taking it with me.

When I was going back I sent my computer in mail. Securly packed from a firm that sells and ships computers for a living.

I send it on the monday, I took plane on tuesday, the package was there 04:31am wensday.. so I expected to get it that same day.
The package never came.
I called the day after and was told they only deliver to private adresses on monday, wensday and friday. I said ok, Ill get it on friday.

What happened, yes I called them on friday and they told me they couldnt find the package... just great.

I called them again today, monday, and they said they had found it and was going to deliver it today.. I was thrilled, finally after nearly a week without a decent computer!
At 4:52pm I got an SMS (I get an SMS every time they registers a move, from pickup, thru terminals, etc.) that said it was loaded on the truck and it was going to be delivered as agreed (on the the phone early this same day) which for me was fine.
I am still sitting here at nearly midnight and I have not heard a beep from them, they have my number and is supposed to call when they are close.. and they have the adress so should be able to knock on the door at the very least.

Now I guess they wont deliver it tomorrow since its not their policy and Ill have to wait for yet another day.. and might never be sure Ill get it at all.

And ofcourse I need this computer for school stuff... yay.

Sorry for my rant/rambling.

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:08 pm

:(
I'm sorry Sid, that really stinks. I hope it gets fixed up real soon for you.

*hugs*

Zoe
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Vitala
wishes Lanyder had a tail

Postby Vitala » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:52 am

Wow, Sid, that's horrid! Please keep us posted on what happens. Gosh, what are you going to do if they lose it completely?? Bah, that is the suck. /big hug to Sid!
~~Seriously, I don't think we should continue with letting idiotic people breed like rabbits. We're being overrun!~~

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:14 am

Today I called them and was told that the delivery guy had tried to call me but he didnt get thru since I was on phone atm.
I was on phone a total of 30min of the 5hours (they say they deliver between 4pm and 9pm) so he must have been real lucky to hit that exact time. Note also that he didnt knock on the door, since he I couldnt answer my phone!
Oddly enough he didnt even try again later, just never showed up. Today it was back in the terminal.. I was kind of angry today when I called them and got them to deliver it today... and I am still waiting, but not hoping as much as yesterday.

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:59 am

Maybe you can coerce some neighborhood hoodlums to watch for him and when he brings the package to your door, they can jump in his delivery truck and take off.
:twisted:

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:04 pm

Haha! Only AFTER having delivered Sid's 'puter though, of course. Still, good idea Q!

Vitty

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:42 pm

Hehe thanks for the suggestions.

I got my computer today and Im soo happy now I can finally begin school and stuff :)
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:30 am

WWOOOOTT, about time Sid. Grats. :)

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:23 am

It's about darn time :p

My friend here at work has been having crazy issues with delivery services to his home as well. Not only is time an issue, but also the people delivering to the wrong house....

Ahh yay, love those package services.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Elomar
Resident Goofball

Postby Elomar » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:51 pm

U.S.P.S

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:14 pm

I doubt that Sid had the USPS option available to him

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:44 pm

Here in norway we dont have USPS but we dont have Bush either so it weights up I guess :)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:41 pm

I think you win Sid

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:10 am

How could they Screw up that delivery? I mean Geez. one would think the delivery in Norway would easy.

Sid
Windwill # 6
Norway

I bet if I threw that address on a box of pop tarts it would get to him in less time than mailing the PC in-country. :twisted:

In all seriousness, Sid, glad you got your PC and your schoolwork can now commence.

Bobb

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:12 pm

Windmill #6, that's funny!!

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:47 pm

Haha its almost that easy
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:33 pm

Norway has windmill? I know about the acidrain washed forests and dead lakes but not windmills. If you put windmill#6 on the address then I think Twoofus might get the delivery

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:11 pm

No, Twoofus is windmill number 9.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:57 pm

haha it is Holland that is famous for windmills, might be that we have some in norway but I dont know.

I ment that the adresses are almost that easy. Norway has a postal code. For some places postal code and name is enough to get stuff there.
For the cities you add streetname and number in addition.

Super easy small adresses.

-- Stephen Roberts

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:09 pm

Same as England Sid, postcode and house number is all you need, as every street has a unique postcode

Vitala

Postby Vitala » Fri Sep 08, 2006 5:51 am

Hey, the USPS is not that bad... and what is with all the Bush-bashing? You all are just jealous we have such a great leader. /nod nod.

That's ok, we're jealous of the windmills I'm sure. :P

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:00 am

I think you will see that the USPS was proposed as a solution to the problem and not as a bad option.

Why dont we swap Bush and the windmills and see who does better?

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:46 am

Ill not get too political here Elera, but windmills are great /nod.

-- Stephen Roberts

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:12 pm

I vote for windmills :D

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:07 pm

windmills are less corrupt than politicans /nod

Ladyheart
Whee!

Postby Ladyheart » Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:28 am

Thats to bad hun and I feel your pain, that happened to us when we moved to SC. The moving company took two weeks longer to deliever our furniture then decided to tack and extra 1000 dollars on the tab. I was really ticked off. So now i know when i move to mass, I will rent a Uhaul then take my stuff with me.
HUGS

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:10 am

last time I moved I had a company pack it, ship it and unpack it - it was awesome. I sat around and watched them do all work :). They moved my shizzle from Milwaukee, WI to Cleveland, OH with no problems at all really.

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:41 am

Heh, last time we hired a company to move us it was a nightmare. They showed up the day before we had arranged with the landlord to move out. My wife's wedding ring ended up getting stolen and she went into hysterical crying / depression. Then the moving company decided they didn't want to move us because we complained about the stolen ring and called out the police. That was really bad because it takes at least a month (where we were living) of notice to get a moving company available to move you and we had to be out of the house the following day. My wife ended up on the front lawn on her knees crying begging the moving company manager to continue moving us. It was a horrible experience for her and she shouldn't have been treated like that.

It was a bad scenario when the stuff arrived at the other end, too, but if I go into that I'll just get myself all worked up, LOL, so I think I'll stop here.