Balinar-dareba-morg

Moderator: Littlabit

Toldy
Dr00d Mod

Balinar-dareba-morg

Postby Toldy » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:46 pm

WRU U 3 HIDING!!!!!!!!!!! Or does any1 know what happened to mah favorite little family?

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:56 pm

I wonder if they went to a different game?
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:45 am

I seem to recall that being what happened

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:15 am

They're all playing EQ2 in OOOH - http://www.orderoftheopenhand.org

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:30 am

poor souls
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Tue Aug 08, 2006 1:39 pm

I'm not entirely sure how that makes them 'poor souls'... care to elaborate?

- Loendar

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:07 am

I always pity good people who decends into inferior games like EQ2 or WoW.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:58 am

I liked both games, but my PC's cannot handle EQ2 well enough for me to enjoy it properly and I found WoW to be too, well, lonely lol.

Plus I cannot have Bobbert do ALL of Trab's progression!

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:40 am

Siderius wrote:I always pity good people who decends into inferior games like EQ2 or WoW.

Interesting take...

What was/is your character name in EQ2 and server, I would be interested to see how many levels you managed to make it through.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:44 am

I refuse to go down to that level, Ill stay in EQ.
I pity you too, feel sorry for all the tormet you must go thru down there.

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:09 am

I have far more pity for those that lay commentary decrying something they have never taken the steps to try... ;p

But hey - to each their own - I prefer to keep on the cutting edge of gaming and leave the 1980's technology where it lie.

Muhahaha!

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:23 pm

Loendar wrote:I have far more pity for those that lay commentary decrying something they have never taken the steps to try... ;p

But hey - to each their own - I prefer to keep on the cutting edge of gaming and leave the 1980's technology where it lie.

Muhahaha!

Mostly I think Siderius was kidding in his first few posts, he has a strange sense of humor! Love ya Sid...

Anyways, I played EQ2 when it first came out. I gave it a Month of it's free time, and paid for one extra month. The playing field was small, you couldn't cross over from good to evil or vice versa unless you did some ridiculously long quest. The dungeons and zones were all instanced(which was nice to an extent) but things seem just as farmed as in Normal EQ. I do remember the quests and quest log being awsome, but a lot of the time the quests were WAY over your level when you could get them...

The graphics were neat, though I did get rather bored of having the EXACT same skills as 2 other classes besides mine. All of my combo moves wouldn't expand upon theirs for the super combos, so it was rather lame that there were very few unique skills for the class. I'm praying this would change when you hit your second subclass....but I had doubts the combos would change much.

I was a bard, so not the best of a solo class...but man I got hammered compared to a healer. Very unbalanced in that regard in PvE. Also I was looking for an element of PvP with the whole "Good" and "Evil" being so defined and the line so well drawn. I was disappointed there as well. Now it could be different thanks to the expansion of Ro, but for creators who had released EQ the original FULL of content and blossoming with excitement around every turn, they really botched the release on EQ2. I mean...look at the original size of Norrath prior to Kunark and THEN throw in the first Kunark expansion....

The one thing that keeps me going back to EQ is variaty and one thing to look back on is your crazy travels throughout the lands. In EQ2 it was more like trying to look back on a jog through the park full of rabid badgers.

I don't pity people who play EQ2, I just feel saddened at the loss of good players in EQ1....and a lot of the time they come crawlin back, time and again.
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:14 pm

Xril was right I was joking, but that doesnt mean that there isnt a hint of truth to the joke!

Anyway, cutting edge hmmm, eq2? hmm I think not. WoW? Newer than EQ sure, still not cutting edge.
EQ is past many of the child symptoms games has, and has enhance quite alot over the last couple of expansions. I would call it more cutting edge still than the others, so far.
Even if I dont care much about graphics, I mean the graphics that was when EQ was released is more than good enough... you can see what an item are, what is fun is playing with other people and advance. Accomplish something. But it mustnt be too easy either, which is where WoW failed. Almost everyone I have talked to who have tried EQ2 was bored beyond belief. They said it was a dumbed down version of EQ which also was more pointed towards causual playing.

And ofcourse EQ2 and WoW have both made me "loose" good friends from EQ because they nolonger play it.

Other online games is the devil, until there comes something that really can compete against EQ. Something which actually is better. But anyway for me will EQ prolly the first and last online game, before I retire.

-- Stephen Roberts

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:32 pm

It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose.

I belong to a number of forums where people who were/are die-hard EQ1 fanatics - played EQ2 when it came out, left to WoW or back to EQ1 - have now come back to EQ2 and are thrilled to death.

As you allude to - EQ1 has the benefit of having been around for a very long time by MMO standards - a lot of the growing pains have been worked out and new content filters in. The exact same can be said for EQ2. The EQ2 of today bears little resembelence to the EQ2 of even 8 months ago. And THAT is what is hooking a lot of folks on to it...

Is it simpler than EQ1 - not really - but the steep learning curve the EQ1 veterans cling to as a rite of passage doesn't exist in EQ2. That, for most people, is a good thing.

Let's not kid ourselves however - EQ2 isn't for hard-core raiders and never was. If you fall into the heading of someone that has tons of time and wants to rush to the end-game for the phat lewts, stick to EQ1 (or maybe Vanguard when it arrives). There is a substantial end-game to EQ2 which still reflects people against one another as 'uber' vs. 'casual' - any glance at the forums will show you that the old stand-by arguments exist.

To call EQ2 less than cutting edge when drawing parallels to EQ1 is a bit laughable, however. The graphics are definitely light-years beyond EQ1 and WoW (unless you like the cartoon-y look of WoW). Many of the systems of EQ1-fame have been refined and made less cumbersome. If you feel that the Tradeskill system of EQ1 is an example of 'cutting edge', I truly do feel you must also enjoy running head-first into things.

I can't comment on the actual gameplay of WoW - as I've never tried it.. which is actually the main exception I take to anyone 'taking pity' on people playing something they themselves have never tried. I understand that you were joking - and my initial posts were to sort of poke atcha, cuz that's what I *used* to do in game to you... but having been in EQ2 since it opened I don't think it deserves an uninformed bad rap. As mentioned - even those who played it at release and left have come back to find a whole new (and better) game - things change, things improve...

With all that said... I keep my accounts active in EQ1 and do pop on there occassionally, so I'm not completely lost, just mostly.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:33 pm

I agree with the apparent easiness that WoW offered, I found it pleasant to start with and I enjoyed the graphics for sure, but found it lacking after a while. Not saying I wont try it again sometime soon. I did not try EQ2 for long enough to get a good impression, tradeskills were fun though - reminded me of Horizons slightly. I just had to turn so many graphic features off that I found myself feeling that it was pointless to play. I did enjoy the 'feel' though and the guild was more EQ'like so I enjoyed that :)

Kiezer
Whee!

Postby Kiezer » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:09 pm

Holy! lol

Verrana
Whee!

Postby Verrana » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:15 am

I and Drolek thought about trying EQ2 or OOW but chose to stay with EQ1 we can barely afford these two accounts not alone another set of accounts lol , heard there ok but get boring after awhile also

Morggaina
Whee!

Postby Morggaina » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:56 pm

Hey babes! I am still here. I was on vac. I never lefted the game. I am just to busy. I am trying hard to get back. My parents indeed have moved on. = ( But i am still here. email me hunnie. Morggaina@yahoo.com . I emailed you like twice but never got an answer. We need to talk I miss you!

*Huggies*

~Courtney / Morggaina
Last edited by Morggaina on Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:55 pm

Hi Toldy

Balinar and Dare left to play EQ2 and WOW. I have not seen them on for a very long time. They left before a number of upgrades and the new editions. They left just before the merger of servers which solved a lot of the problems people were experiencing.

Good to have you back. Let me know when your on so we can do some power leveling to get you back up to speed.

Woldar

Balinar
Whee!

Postby Balinar » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:32 am

Morg is still an EQ1'er however she has been very busy with school.
You will be seeing her again I am sure in the not to distant future.

Toldy
Dr00d Mod

Re: Balinar-dareba-morg

Postby Toldy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:38 pm

lol I'll be playing eq as soon as this upcoming weekend now. Life what a joy sometimes lol. Anyways, thanks for letting me know woldar, I'm sure they'll find me lol. Morg my dear I'm going to EQ2 I think befallen is server but not certain yet. Oh and wtf is up with the spam about eq/eq2/wow. Tis thread was about them lol Old friends die hard...

Hey were is mah sherrrifff he still play? Sid u still around Phinny Pawn!!!!! Jhereg? All the Officers till chillin and kick arse I see most in guild are 80 wish I could of seen that level. Life was more important lol for 6 years lol. Anyways Hi and Bye to all my old school friends that are still in CN.

Toldor aka Toldy
PS
HUGGLES!

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:12 pm

holy crap it's Toldy!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:06 am

Lachaise does not play eq, from my recollection he did dabble in WoW but I think he plays RL now. Sid is a rare spawn. Bossman Jhereg is still around.

I did not even realise EQ2 had problems, I heard Vanguard is basically dead but I thought EQ2 was bumbling along reasonably

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:20 am

Jaffod wrote:Lachaise does not play eq, from my recollection he did dabble in WoW but I think he plays RL now. Sid is a rare spawn. Bossman Jhereg is still around.

I did not even realise EQ2 had problems, I heard Vanguard is basically dead but I thought EQ2 was bumbling along reasonably

Lachaise is playing EQ2 on the Unrest server (along with the rest of us that moved on.) He isn't in the same guild that we are, but he is on that server last I checked. Oxebo is his primary toon.

Vanguard, which I've played and still do on occasion, is definitely on the cusp of being full-fledged dead. EQ2, however, isn't going anywhere and continues to add subscribers with each new expansion.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:24 am

ahhh, assuming I ever decide to resubscribe to an SoE product I might have to get the station pass and pop on to say hi.

How many expansions have they had? 2?

My PC probably still wont like EQ2 though :x

Dificeman
Whee!

Postby Dificeman » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:20 am

Sorry to hear Vanguard is virtually dead but /shrug I knew it was going to happen and i think so did all the othe rbeta tester.. Vanguard HAD alot of potential. It combined what alot of people enjoyed about EQ with what others enjoyed about eq2 in the aspect of gameplay. The classes were different and played differently. Was alot to explore and do. to me the learnign curve was not steep but you had to get a sense of hwo to play your class to get veyr far.

I have been a beta tester for eq2, WoW, and vanguard. EQ2 was decent but lets be honest when it first came out the graphics are what kept alot of people playing and kept them ignoring alot of bugs with the game ( I hear they got th ebugs worked out pretty quicklly after release) I tried to play eq2 after release but don't know for some reason it just couldn't capture my attention.

I have never liked WoW. Friends tell me how it is so different now and that it has alot of challenegs to the game now... I just cant get over the fact that during beta I was able to never group once and reach max level in 2 weeks. To me WoW is all about self instant gratification.

So back to vanguard ... What can I say the game was really great. The bugs were steadily egtting worked out.. That is until SoE got involved with it making.. Ever sicne SoE got involved the making of vanguard steadily went downward.. Bugs were not getting fixed as quickly as the once were. They started pushing the game for release LONG before they should have. From my understanding of the beta testers that played after release it was almost unplayable due to bugs..

I seldom get my hopes up about games. I may get excited but i seldom let reality of what a game is most likely to turn out like be lost in my mind. Vanguard is one of the few that I had high hopes for. The creating team was great and they worked hard to deliver what they said they would. When you see people work hard to deliver what they promise you start to get hopefully.. I like EQ but I do not like SoE at all.. I hate how they handle bussiness and hwo they handle customers.. I use to play SWG another great game.. One only has to liek there for an example of how truely horrible SoE can screw up something so remarkable..Like i said once SoE got involved on the making of Vanguard it went steadily downhill..

If you wanna talk about cutting edge gameplay style (not graphics) i think SWG was the best till they decided they wanted to turn it into an entirely new game.

Toldy
Dr00d Mod

Postby Toldy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:40 am

hrm so most of the CN'ners that left went to unrest server. Lol can't keep a brotha-hood apart for long lol. Yes they've worked out alot of bugs for eq2 as of yet. Just like Evercrack when it 1st came out it had bugs and still has flaws like all online games lol.

Toldy

Loendar
Whee!

Postby Loendar » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:16 am

Jaffod wrote:ahhh, assuming I ever decide to resubscribe to an SoE product I might have to get the station pass and pop on to say hi.

How many expansions have they had? 2?

My PC probably still wont like EQ2 though :x

Four expansions thus far for EQ2 (plus some Adventure packs here and there) - all of which are included with the base purchase of the game these days.

So you have core EQ2, Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky, Echoes of Faydwer and Rise of Kunark all in one handy dandy package.

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Hey Toldy

Its been years. Love to group with you and powerlevel you versus the other way around. It sure was fun exploring EQ when it first came out. We killed a lot of snakes and rats over the years.

Morggaina
Whee!

Postby Morggaina » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:20 am

TOLDY'S BACK!!! :D
Morggaina Niteblade walks into the pub and sits at the bar
Morggie Bloodiepaws holdng her cup to welcome her treehugger back

Morggaina Niteblade In Da House!