Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:07 pm

Should have some interesting bugs.
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:01 am

so all classes but BST, SHM and BER, one of my toons has to bite the dust I think in order for me to get a dragon. At least three are saved now:)

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:54 pm

Posted on the EQLive site. Reposted here because I can.

The beta for the upcoming expansion, The Serpent's Spine, has now begun. There is a lot of testing to be done considering we are including a whole new newbie experience with the Drakkin as well as content for every level in the game. This is not to say that we have ignored those folks on the bleeding edge of content. Along with the increase of the level cap will be dual track end zones that will be the most challenging content this game has seen. I would go as far as to say the most challenging content any MMO has seen.

Also, at the time of the expansion launch we are going to be rolling out a bunch of changes to the live game. These are all currently being tested in beta so all are subject to change. These changes will be available to all players whether or not they choose to purchase The Serpent's Spine. Here are just a few of the big ones:

Graphical revamps of Highpass Hold, East Commons, West Commons, and possibly one or two others.

We have redone the character creation screen to streamline it and update its look. If you wanted to it will now be possible to create a character and enter the game on a single screen.

Altering death so that you will "hover" over your body for a while. This will allow you the time to get resurrected without having to zone 2 or 3 times.

Introducing the concepts of being in and out of combat so we can use that mechanism to lower downtime in between fights.

Boats! They are coming back.

Both progression servers are still going great and both are still sporting very healthy populations. The numbers are showing that these servers have also brought a lot of people back to the game. I know the servers haven't been perfect and they don't fulfill everyone's desires but the bottom line is it has been great for the overall health of EverQuest. July was the best month we have had in a long time thanks to the folks coming back to check out those servers.

All in all things are really going great leading up to the launch of The Serpent's Spine in September. One thing we are doing to keep the momentum going is web advertising. So, keep your eye out for some snazzy web ads in the coming weeks.

Chris "Raghnell" Lena
EQ Producer

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:56 am

Boats are coming back?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Aug 12, 2006 6:16 am

I just looked at the pics of the new race on Alla...ummm not that enticing. I was gonna make my monk alt go bye bye seeing as my ex made her anyways. Now...well I might keep the human female monk and say screw it

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Aug 12, 2006 8:24 am

Games arn't that advanced yet.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:09 am

lol good point

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:52 pm

good new for the endurance using classes after deaths. I don't know about other classes but it takes me forever to get my endurance up there.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger