Blue Winged Angel

Moderator: Littlabit

Drolek
Whee!

Blue Winged Angel

Postby Drolek » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:25 pm

Ok here goes ...
Been like 3-4 weeks now I have missed raids and other events and I have to apologize cause everyone knows I like to help out when I can . But I have been involed in a HUGE project at my kidz school in which my high school art teacher (now my kidz art teacher ) requested my assistance .
She did a class a while back dealing with medival times ; castles dragons and such and I went with my boyz to a "Dragon " workshop in which they made a dragon out of clay .. LOT of fun we had that night .
Anyway she asked me if I knewof way to "make " a dragon .. hehe no clue .. bug I started thinking ( I know scary thought but I did hehe ) . And I had an idea of where to start . She ( teacher ) was thinking of cans of some sort .. I said barrel .. So some aluminum exaust tubing , wire mesh , a 55 gallon drum and lotsa tie wire and screws 4 bags of cement and MANY nics and cuts this is what I came up with ( link to pics ) http://drolek.spaces.msn.com/?_c02_owner=1 kidz had such a ball helping out and now they have a permanant fixture at there school they can say they helped with . Also most of the kidz got to vote on name of the dragon .. There are 4 wings of the buiding ; they are red, green yellow and blue . The kidz named the dragon after the blue wing which is where teacher's room is and where a lot of the students were from . And as for me .. I felt honored that my past teacher thought of me to help :D anyway this is why I have not been around very much lately ...

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:48 am

That is fantastic and the dragon turned out GREAT!
I bet everyone had such a good time and a great feeling of satisfaction at the end. What a cool school for backing such a project. Thank you for sharing.

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:48 am

Dude, that's awesome. Turned out great!!

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:42 am

That is incredible Drolek and as they said, thank you for sharing it with us. It's so nice to create something tangible out of imagination.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Verrana
Whee!

Postby Verrana » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:50 am

ok no im jealous you left the pics from classic k in but took the ones of kk out? just kidding:)

im so proud of everyone working on this but im a lil upset cause i have to wait till school next year to see what the finished product is gonna be im getting i think im more antsy than the kids seeing the finished product lol

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:40 am

Nice work Drolek, it looks awesome.

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:47 pm

Wow Ven, that is just incredible and the dragon is amazing! What a wonderful project and how fun! Thanks again for sharing! :D
Ryana

Thoraz
Whee!

Postby Thoraz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:30 pm

Careful not to feed it any dwarfs!
Dragons have been known to waken at the smell of food and dwarfs are their favorite meal!
:lol:
Thoraz - Ancient One from the frozen North

Verrana
Whee!

Postby Verrana » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:34 pm

dwarf steaks are the bestest :wink:

Kaldolur
Knight in Shining Armor

Postby Kaldolur » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:25 pm

Hehe - a most excellent dragon, good Drolek! My kids ooooh'd and ahhh'd all the way through the pictures. :)

And well-met, noble Thoraz! It's great to see you stick your beard back in our humble hall, good sir! /gives Thoraz the secret dwarven handshake.

"SHORT BEER?! What is that, some kind of joke?!"

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:26 am

That's turning out really sweet-looking, Drolek! Kudos on the project, excellent work, man!