Does anybody play EQ on a laptop?

Moderator: Littlabit

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Does anybody play EQ on a laptop?

Postby Jaffod » Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:24 pm

I am looking at getting a laptop in the near future and if it can play EQ then that would be an obvious bonus. SO my question is what is the minimum spec needed to get this to happen? I know what I can swap out on a desktop but I am not so confident with the laptops. I assume that they have graphics cards - what is needed?

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:11 am

I play EQ2 and EQ (once in a while to say HI ) exclusivly on a laptop as it's a lot newer and beefier than my desktop. It's an HP Pavilion and is a 17" widescreen. The thing weighs a ton, but I love it to death hehe. It plays games WAY better than my desktop. I got the model with the TV stuff so I could record things from the satellite dish for my dad, but you can get the same model without all that extra for a lot cheaper.

It's an HP Pavilion zd8000. I think any of the HP zd series you will enjoy. Guralo just got one for his wife and one for work (they both have EQ2 on them already I'll bet!) so think you would really like those hehe.

I know Dell puts out one too that is good, but after pricing them out, the HP turned out to be a better deal.
Ryana

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:21 am

There is no problem playing EQ on a laptop,

I usually box Tarjei on a 1.4GHz, 512Mb laptop without much trouble.

If you get a laptop get a Acer TM 8204 or similar and you wont have any problems at all
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Zurlik
Whee!

Postby Zurlik » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:29 am

I have the same notebook as Ryana. I played WoW, EQ and EQ2 on it. 3GHz processor with 1.25 Gigs of ram. You can't play with full graphics but you don't have to turn them down to minimum either.

I did have to find a non-standard video driver to allow me to play EQ though.
Video is ATI X600 128 ram just as a reference.
Master Alchemist Taste Chickenlike-Celestial Navigators-84 Froglok Shaman