Saphirone VS the Spider!!

Moderator: Littlabit

Saphirone
Whee!

Saphirone VS the Spider!!

Postby Saphirone » Sun May 14, 2006 8:18 pm

So there I was, Middle of the night, thinking ok, I just got off the phone with my co-worker, everything was straightened out for the night, and I had done all the damage I could do for the day, and there would be more waiting on me tomorrow.

It was time for sleep. 10:30 at night, and I was definately way past my bed time for my new sleeping hours. Saphron was not happy.

Anywho, so I slipped into bed, put on my head phones to unwind a small bit more before saying my prayers, and going to sleep when I noticed in the soft TV moonlight that something rather noticable was crawling across my ceiling!

Well, that will never do! I can barely stand for a fly to watch me sleep, let alone something much bigger! Lights came on, glasses go on, headphones and sterio back in thier respectful spots, and up I was, examining this creature crawling across my bedroom ceiling!

O.M.GOSH!!! THAT"S A SPIDER!!!! ICK!! And it's not the normal black spiders I was so used to seeing, it was a tan/brown colored spider!

Well, I'm not going to stand for this! It's on the ceiling right above me and hubby's pillows! I'm not taking a chance on that thing falling on me in the middle of the night!! Time for that spider to go meet it's maker!!

But of course, as always, Saphirone does NOT go into any battle situation unprepared! I marched myself directly into the kitchen, took out the all purpose spray it from 22 feet away and hit your mark poison, and a shoe from the footboard of our bed in our bedroom!!

This part is where it gets a little tricky. I think the spider had a crush on Saphron, as it just stood there, on the ceiling, staring at him. I know what it was thinking. "As soon as that light goes out, I'm going to jump down on the pillow and scare the crap out of them, biting them as many times as I can!" Well, Saphirone isn't standing for it.

So with my Bedside lamp on, I can see the spider, and so I carefully stood on the bed, trying my best not to wake my husband. With my half asleep husband still half asleep, I asked him to hand me an ashtray on the off chance that I could kill the spider with the shoe, have it drop directly below in the ashtray and I could throw it away.

Well. The spider had a different battle plan!

I SMACKED the spider with my shoe, scrunched it around on the ceiling a little bit, thinking ok, I got it! Right about that time, Saphron really woke up then asking, "What in the world are you doing?"

"Killin' a spider hunney, it's ok, I got it, go ahead and go back to sleep!"

Fat Chance! Saphron heard spider, he wasn't closing his eyes til he knew it was dead! So I asked him to move a little bit, so I could let the spider's carcus drop into the ashtray, and just in case the spider's corpse was off, It wouldn't land on my husband.

Ok, So battle plan taken place, Saphirone was on the offense. She goes to move the shoe, and let the spider's carcus fall into the ashtray...

I moved the shoe

The spider was on the ceiling

and the little son of a gun was still ALIVE!

That's when the spider made it's defensive manuevers! It jumped from the ceiling to the bed on top of my pillow and that's when I noticed.. OH NO IT'S A RECLUSE!!!!

I jumped off the bed, almost falling on top of my daughter, Saphron still half asleep tried to find a new hole in the mattress, the spider was edged on all eights laughing, and I was shreiking!!!

I grabbed the can of all purpose poison, husband still in shock of everything happening at 11 PM at night, with him having to get up at 4AM, and I announced that my calvery was incoming and I was taking that thing down!!

SQUIRT!!

I HIT IT! WEWT!

That's when the spider turned around, laughed it's wicked little eight eyed laugh, and jumped onto my husband's pillow! Oh No!! I'M NOT LOSING THIS BATTLE!!

SQIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRT!!!!!!!!!

Spider was curled up and dead before it ever hit the floor, husband's pillow soaked in sprayed poison, me holding my head up high going HAHA!! I GOT YOU!!!! And Saphron pissed because he could no longer sleep on that pillow, my Mother at the Bedroom door going, "What happened????!! I heard a scream!!!" And my kiddo looked, then rolled over and went back to sleep!

I had slain the spider!!!

Needless to say, I checked the bed, the ceiling, and the room for any spiders tonight before I thought about going to bed. Killed two on the ceiling, one on the bed, and now my room, for the time being is spider free, because I am Saphirone The`Noble! Slayer of the Spider!

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Sun May 14, 2006 9:11 pm

haha very nicely handled saph
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Mon May 15, 2006 3:53 am

Umm...so, like, what happened with the pillow? Was there a spare he could use?

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Mon May 15, 2006 4:45 am

hahaha, you are my hero!!!

tuiaanen
Whee!

Postby tuiaanen » Mon May 15, 2006 5:35 am

What did the spider drop?

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Mon May 15, 2006 5:45 am

7:00 AM CST – Get to work, log on, and jump to CN web page to read the morning news

7:30 AM CST – Second cup of java, still reading, laughing about the Saphirone The`Noble! Slayer of the Spider.

8:00 AM CST – Co-workers get in, chat about weekend stuff.

8:40 AM CST – Sitting at my desk hunched over a laptop I look up and see a damn spider 4” away from my face as it slowly descends from the ceiling. Caught it in a cup and flushed that bish, I hope, back to Saphi’s house where this all started.

8:41AM CST /All damn day – Will be looking up every five minutes…

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Mon May 15, 2006 7:22 am

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Yes, we did have a spare Pillow for hubby, and Spider didn't drop Nuffin! Totally nerfed!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon May 15, 2006 8:14 am

Lol, Saphi, only you can describe spider-slaying with such eloquence! :lol:

Buaz
Whee!

Postby Buaz » Mon May 15, 2006 10:53 am

Please tell me this is not a requirement to get into Anguish... 8)

Big Green Bait

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Mon May 15, 2006 11:01 am

The spider was just a PH, 24 hour respawn unfortunately.

Laminate
Whee!

Postby Laminate » Mon May 15, 2006 7:52 pm

did you get any character flags?
how about a new title? Spider Slayer?
btw hows the exp, i may go spider hunting
Elf Slayer Lamicrate Crenshinibon of Vazaelle
105 Halfling Rogue - <Celestial Navigators>
High Priestess Baelea of Vazaelle
105 High Elf Cleric - <Celestial Navigators>

Scribe Laminate The Ember
105 High Elf Enchanter - <Celestial Navigators>

-------------------------------------------------

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue May 16, 2006 7:50 am

XP is pretty good for brown spiders, black spiders is more of an AA xp thing. No title yet, but I'm working on it. At least I've got St Peter's Attention, and yes, you do get character flags from your home as the one to be called on to kill big bad spiders, hehe.

Drolek
Whee!

Postby Drolek » Fri May 19, 2006 5:04 pm

O M G ! ! ! ! Now THAT was TOO funny :lol: :lol: . But hey .. Gratz on da' BIG kill ... WEWT ! !
\