Hail and well met!!!

Moderator: Littlabit

tykorathian
Whee!

Hail and well met!!!

Postby tykorathian » Wed May 03, 2006 5:36 pm

Hail to my EH friends! It has been a long time since I spoke with most (okay almost all of you) so I wanted to say my customary "Hail x" <- insert your char name here. :wink:

As a quick note I wanted to thank the good folks of CN for taking in my fellow EHers giving them a home. We had many raids with you all :: sorry, I am going way back now :: back the in days of Vazaelle (did I spell that right?? :roll: )

I have missed all you guys and the fun I had playing, going on raids and sitting around the regen pool in the guildhall talking smack. I remember logging many hours raiding, grinding and grinding and grinding.... :cry: My hopes that all the good people I spent so many EQ hours with are doing well. ** disclaimer: I am going to start naming peeps, if I mispell or forget to name you please feel free to /smack me... but please, please don't take offense as my memory is poor to start with (ask my wife) and it's been a while. ** As I scan the CN General chat board I am happy to see posts by some familiar names. Good ol' Qmaus was quite the chatty fella and I see that things don't change 8)

I see Zant is still floating around, have you gotten the epic 2.0 yet? Has anyone??? How about that uber gear, I am certain you have some sweet armor and weapons! I see posts from Fibb, Elo, Tardar, Uni, Rigg, Twoo and Terr. How about other peeps like Ky, Tam, Maxx, Shepard.. oh who else.. I am not doing them justice, curse those drunken nights! I need those brain cells back!

Of course I couldn't end this note without a shout out to my good bud Spensir. With his help I was able to become a good paladin and cleric, I learned much from him. I do miss the in-game chatting and over all fun conversations we -all- had. Spens could (and probably still does!) cyber with the best of 'em. Do you still tri-box the crew? How are the little girl and the abom doing??

I am keeping myself busy these days working, running my boys around to 12 different sporting activities and playing WoW. Now put those stones down! WoW is a fun game but it does have it's limits. I, of course, am playing a paladin named Tykorathian - not terribly original... I know. Other exciting news is that we are puting on an addition to our house. We are adding a sunroom, mudroom (a necessity with two active boys) and a large bonus room over the garage. So far we have foundations poured and siding stripped off the back of the house. And, since mother nature is cruel, there has been rain these past few days in CT. This means the foundation for the sunroom and mudroom are turning into swimming pools! :shock: I need the sun to come out so the framers can do their job and build me floors, walls and roofs over my pools... errr, I mean, foundations.

As I said before, I do miss you guys and the fun of EQ. Please accept my heartfelt thanks for making the game so much more enjoyable. I don't plan on returning to EQ and I have a feeling that my WoW days will be dwindling. I do enjoy a good FPS and there are so many cool games out there now and more are coming. My gaming time is limited so I need to pick and choose what and when I play. Since you won't see me in game I plan to chat on these boards for as long as the kind CN folks allow me to post.

You all take good care!

Your friend,
Tyk (a.k.a Steve)

A special nod to Spensir for hooking me up with this board

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Thu May 04, 2006 4:56 am

What up Tyk! You CN peeps remember that “long name” guy we used to call Bob conversation, well this is the guy. Yes yes some things never change and others do, there has been an addition to the family O. And I wouldn’t talk to loud about the so-called abomination…he has done well in the swamp. Glad to see you are still running around some world or another.

One game you might look into is Elder Scrolls 4. I have been playing it for a while and it’s a great get away. I just hit level 22 the other night. I play some lizzy hybrid or something. Cool game lots of fun.

I think you covered most of the old EH’s, I believe Fozz is still around when he not cooking for the king. I saw Khrum around now and then. Doeb is still kicking and doing rather well for a blind human cleric. From the beginning CN was everything I had hopped for in a guild. We have excellent leadership and good members who want to work together. Class A peeps with little devils running around to keep things interesting. We even have a black night that reminds me a lot of you. He is a super nice guy and always in the middle of the action.

Unikyte still can’t make it up stairs, Max is still fat and Fibo is still a gnome wanna-be. Seems things have worked out well for everyone. Good to hear from ya Tyk don’t be a stranger.

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Thu May 04, 2006 9:27 am

Heya Tyk!

nice hearing from ya ...Spens was talking about ya just the other day.

You sound like you have a busy schedule, but c'mon man...WoW?
I mean really, I have seen better art on the side of a cereal box. but eh, if that's what you like.

Take care bro.

riggett
Whee!

Postby riggett » Thu May 04, 2006 10:16 am

Glad to hear from you Tyk. I never tried WoW. I figured my wife faction would really take a hit if I tried to play any other online games :)

Sounds like you are keeping pretty busy. I hear you on the kids front. Soccer season again so coaching both of the kids teams. It has been fun, I have a good group of kids to coach and that always make it easier.

Keep in touch on the boards when you can :)

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Thu May 04, 2006 10:25 am

Heya Tyko.

You forgot to mention when Spensir mistells the group while he is in the middle of cybering himself between the chanter and the cleric. Gives me the creeps, but still kinda funny.

Take care of yourself bro. And geez, I need a nap just reading about your schedule.

SpenSir

Postby SpenSir » Thu May 04, 2006 11:04 am

!@#$%

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Thu May 04, 2006 1:53 pm

heya Tyko

Sorry to say but i have pretty much retired the pally unless a tank is needed. I have switched to a zerker cuz i enjoy a 2handed dps class.

Not playing eq at the moment, looking for work and not much luck of that. It was good hearing from ya, stay in touch.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Thu May 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Hail Tyko, nice hearing from ya. Sounds like your having fun with your family and I will forget about the WoW part (traitor!) I have grown a .032 of a centimeter since you have left!!!
Dont be a stranger,
Uni aka Sherr)

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Fri May 05, 2006 4:19 am

Hi Tyko! Great to hear from ya!
Chatty? Moi?
Hope you're doing well, man. :D

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Fri May 05, 2006 8:41 am

Always good to hear from old EH!

Glad to see you come by ;) And is it just me, or was it a big requirement of EH that you must be able to fill a full page of type when posting? :lol: I'm just teasing, I'm quite a big mouth (<--check out that post count!).

Well happy Friday to everyone, cinco de mayo, woot!
Silly

Elomar
Resident Goofball

Postby Elomar » Fri May 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Tyko!!

Good to hear from ya bud!

One of the original paladin dream teamers.
Tyko, Kynare, Zant, Fozz, Khrum and....

We needed a raid to get kicked into overdrive and all that needed to be done was call for a pallie plow. The way these guys worked together was an artform I have yet to see repeated. Overlapping each other from mob to mob keeping the raid in constant motion, staying in rotation so no one healer was overtaxxed and needed rest, always guiding us to our target straighter and truer than any arrow THIS ranger has ever fired.

Any one of them could be called on to fill whatever role needed to be done without missing a beat. For awhile it was pretty much manditory that each group in our raid had a pally with them in order to ensure victory. Without them we never would have accomplished whatever small measure of success we managed to obtain. Where others used brute force and numbers, we used knowledge, finess and technique. I've been part of many wonderfully successful raids with CN but few have given me the same thrill as some of our Epic heroes wins. With CN victory has just been a given, even if we fail at something we just gear up some and then walk through it. With EH sometimes I just shook my head and thought "how the hell were we able to pull that one off."

I know I got a little sidetracked here but Tyko got me reliving the "good ol days" that I'm sure each of us has. I love the navigators and really feel that they were the perfect match for those of us that joined up but EH will always hold a special place in my heart. I'm sure all the old members already know but I just wanted to say how proud of each of them I was anyway.

Wish you were back in the game Tyko but since you arent, then I at least hope all is well in your life.

Man that was alot of praise.....and I dont even like pallies!

The end of another long winded EHer's post

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Sat May 06, 2006 10:24 am

That is the longest post Elo has ever ever made!! He used all his words up, we wont hear from him for years now.

SpenSir

Postby SpenSir » Sun May 07, 2006 7:48 am

Elo!! I had no idea.../sniff

tykorathian
Whee!

Postby tykorathian » Fri May 19, 2006 7:44 am

May Tunare guide your arrows straight and true Elo!!! You and Spens have nice posts there... I feel an ache in my heart for the days of old EH raiding. We did have many great raids which were both fun and challenging at the same time. I do miss the great cyber and joking we had during raids especially when things got interesting or peeps got bored :wink:

I do remember more than once getting a /tell from Elo or Spens to go into room that they assured me was "safe". Since this humble paladin lived to serve his guild and his raid leaders I would buff up and charge into the room sword drawn, ready to meet my diety. The next messages I would see (after LOADING, PLEASE WAIT....) would be: "Q, get Tyk's corpse out here", then "Uni can you rez Tyk please". Once I was buffed back up I would get another /tell: "ready to go again?" :shock: It was all great, great fun! One of my most memerable moments in any fight where I had a ranger in my party or raid was to be attacking a mob and being able to see arrows sailing past my head. The poor mobs would get ripped to shreads by the punishing onslaught of the rangers! And as amazing as that was to witness arrows in flight, I secretly thanked the Sony gods that there is no friendly fire in EQ!

Elo and Spens were great EH raid leaders. They never backed away from a challenge and knew enough of the game and their guild to work a way to complete almost any goal we decided to do. I hope they are running raids for CN as I know they would certainly lead the group to victorious outcomes! Huzzah!

I plan to troll these boards from time to time to find out how you all are doing and to let you all know this old paladin still lives and breathes. :D You all take good care and may the gods keep you safe in game and out.

Your friend,

Tyk

Elomar
Resident Goofball

Postby Elomar » Sat May 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Hell no!

Thats like work!
I just sit back, cyber Fibban and collect loot!