Using deadly force to control your kid's gaming

Moderator: Littlabit

Blackbane911
Whee!

Using deadly force to control your kid's gaming

Postby Blackbane911 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:47 am

Well,

Dad got his point across, but it sounds like he had some bad aim. He missed both the monitor and his gamer kid.

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/a ... ryid=29560

BB
Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.
Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server
Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:27 am

I'm not too surprised. It is all too easy (and legal!) for ignorant people, mentally ill, criminals, etc. to get their hands on guns.

IF YOU GO TO A GUN SHOW IN THE (Washington) STATE, ABOUT HALF OF THE SELLERS THERE ARE USUALLY PRIVATE SELLERS, AND IF YOU WANT TO BUY A GUN FROM THEM, YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO A (Criminal and Mental Health) BACKGROUND CHECK

THAT’S WHAT GUN CONTROL ADVOCATES CALL THE “GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE.”

http://www.washingtonceasefire.org/inde ... &Itemid=26

You have to take a test to prove you can drive a motor vehicle, you have to take a test to prove you can handle food and beverages, you have to take a test to prove you know when to stop serving alcoholoic beverages.

But to get a gun?

An obvious killing machine (most of us aren't fending off grizzleys on our door stoop these days) all you have to do is pay some cash.

Over 500 people in my state alone die to gun wounds annually. I'm all for the right to keep and bear arms but we definately need to teach people the dangers of these weapons, how to handle them, how to clean them, and when to use them, when not to (like don't discipline your child with your rifle)- since obviously common sense isn't something that many people have or use these days. Not if 500 people in one state alone are dying every year to this stuff.