Woah

Moderator: Littlabit

Theyel
Whee!

Woah

Postby Theyel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:10 pm

Seriously, does anyone remember me? Theyel, Nulluan....hell, I hardly remember me XD

Quit EQ a long time ago, been playing WoW instead....of course, I've done just about everything you can do in that game, and absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Tell me how horrible EQ is!

Oh yeah, anyone heard from nany/kinarie? Fell out of touch a LONG time ago.

Ommina
Whee!

Re: Woah

Postby Ommina » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:21 pm

Theyel wrote:Tell me how horrible EQ is!

Oh yeah, anyone heard from nany/kinarie? Fell out of touch a LONG time ago.

Awful, truly. I'm down to only playing six days a week now.

Kinarie - names sounds familiar. Cleric?

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 am

Kinarie's been through a few guilds I think, presently in AD or Triality I think. I think the 'nany' you mean is in Pactum still though, the monk right?

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:37 am

Nullybumbopcrackerman!

LOL :) Nany (who was a wee paladin, you may be thinking of nlannie who is pact. monky) = Kinarie, Jhereg, though I think the current Kinarie may be her friend. I know she quit playing a while back, has popped in here & there but never for tons of time it seems.

You'd recognize lots of names here though Nully; Truthseeker, Zoela, Deverin, Kristinel, Rinnoa, etc etc :) We're all hardcore & still around.

What's newsy with you? How's life treating you?

Hugs,
Silly-bop-etc.

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:34 am

NULLYBUM!!! I remember you!

I think Sil-bop and I recently mentioned you and Kin/Nanybum as we took a walk down Chosen Champion's memory lane.

I hope life is treating you well! :lol:
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:02 pm

I talked to Kinarie when I logged on about a month ago, she said all was going well, and wanted to hear about how we were doing. She seemed in high spirits, :)

Theyel
Whee!

Postby Theyel » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:15 am

LOL awesome, I was hoping I hadn't faded into the mists of time :)

It's great that you're all still around and doing so great! I just saw that you cleared time and are working on GoD stuff...that's crazy!

As far as new stuff with me, I played WoW like I said....after a year or so, I have five level 60 characters (max), I've raided through all the endgame, and ranked up as far as my schedule will allow me to in pvp. I think I beat the game.

So, of course, I got nostalgic for EQ the other day. I ended up downloading that free trial thing they have and messing around, it was entertaining. I forgot how long it takes a brand new character to kill ANYTHING in this game though, it was funny XD

So yeah, what's the server like now? I remember reading right after it merged that there was more of a community in the lower levels, have they all leveled up by now? If I came back, I'd probably level up my necro just to get familiar with the game again, and because I was having fun with him before WoW came out.

So anyway, hi!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:45 am

I forgot how long it takes a brand new character to kill ANYTHING in this game though

Not when you got friends, bud! If you're thinking of coming back, I know one elf in particular (me me me!) who would be happy to donate a lil' equipment to help you get back on your feet :D

Hugs!
Silly

Theyel
Whee!

Postby Theyel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:29 pm

Silly wrote:Not when you got friends, bud! If you're thinking of coming back, I know one elf in particular (me me me!) who would be happy to donate a lil' equipment to help you get back on your feet :D

Hugs!
Silly

It is tempting, but I'm a bunch of expansions behind. As far as leveling goes, have they put in any new soloable content at lower levels, or is EQ still extremely group heavy? Also, I know vaz merged with maelin and at the time it energized the lower level content with newer players...are they still around, or is the game very 70-heavy again? That's one thing that frustrated me with EQ before I quit. I was trying to level new characters but everyone was 65 already, and there were hardly any exp groups running around.

Not necessarily a problem if you're leveling a necro (except the boredom of the solo grind), but it was practically impossible to level my cleric or enchanter :(

Theyel

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:58 pm

Not sure how it is for the lower levels these days but I got took my monk from mid-50's to 69 with not too much difficulty.

Also, I saw in the store the other day Everquest Platinum (or something) for like $20 you get the game & all expansions up to the current one.... /raises eyebrows /wink /wink /giggle

I've been thinking too about making another baby alt for those days the high-level content doesn't sound appealing. My beastlord Xazzie is lvl 7 and tons of fun, I'd be happy to play with you sometime :D

**OH! Also on the bright side, you can buy heal/clarity/haste/etc potions now from a vendor which greatly helps the soloing ability of classes other than druids and necros and all those other solo classes. My monk solo'ed nearly everything up to 50's...slowly but surely :)

Theyel
Whee!

Postby Theyel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 pm

Oh hey, that's cool!

Problem with the EQ platinum or whatever, is that it would be 20 clams to get all those expansions, and then another 15 for the month (if I wanted to use those characters I have :) 35 dollars doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm a starving college student.

Well, I should be getting paid within a month I hope. If I can pay off that pricey engagement ring, I'll have to look into it =D

Theyel

Theyel
Whee!

Postby Theyel » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:38 pm

So, out of curiosity, I logged into my EQ account on the everquest website.

Imagine my surprise when it says I have a non-recurring subscription till the 28th of march, 2006. It's probably a mistake or something (I remember the account page was a little weird back when I played), but I'm downloading the game now...I'm horribly curious if someone's been logging on my account.

So anyway, I went searching around for naners, saw Kinarie's in AD. Silly, is that the same Kinarie, or did she quit for good? I sent her a PM on their boards, so I guess I'll find out soon enough if she checks the forums.

Anyway, don't mind me, I'm bored waiting for work to start, and I still have at least a half hour of downloading to do O.o

Theyel

*edit* Woah, got to the login screen, blast from the past seeing all my old toons. Seriously, I wonder who activated my account???