What is happening to our world?

Moderator: Littlabit

Aubrianna
Whee!

What is happening to our world?

Postby Aubrianna » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:56 pm

Just thought I'd share a few links. I almost never watch TV, almost refuse to. But I was hanging out in the living room with my roomates and the news was on, and 3 stories in a row were just extremely disturbing to me. On one hand it just reinforced why I dont watch TV, because theres nothing ever positive. On the other, I guess I need to know when stuff like this happens, and it just reinforces my decision to dedicate my time towards kids. Theres not enough good teachers/mentors to counter balance the crap this world throws at kids now a days...I'm not saying I'm a perfect candidate to be one of those, but I feel I gotta do something.

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME= ... 89c01ca7bf

Just seeing those 3 stories back to back was extremely disturbing, and heart breaking to me. I work with many kindergartners, and love em all to death. Someone just randomly shooting at a bus carrying them? And also, that girl was shot within a mile from my home...

There wasnt really a purpose to this post, but like I said, just seeing those things broke my heart. Quite the reality check. Wanted to share it with yal. I'm going to head to bed (I dont seem to stay up so late without EQ to play, odd...). Hope yal have a good one :).
Minstrel Aubrianna Melody
70th Herald - Retired

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:53 am

This planet needs a plague to wipe out about 70% of the people.
Level 106 Druid, Level 106 Enchanter, Level 106 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:00 am

/shrug we already have large-scale population declines looming in the western world. TFRs(Total Fertility Rates) are at way below replacement rate for almost all western countries. For the non-western countries there is Aids (yes it effects westerners, but is largely survivable albeit not curable).

On the topic of the shootings. I think we can all agree to a reasonable solution. If we just armed the Kindergartners then they could defend themselves by returning fire. I mean who would attack a bus load of heavily armed Kindergartners. It seems like the only ‘reasonable’ way of dealing with these sickos.

Blackbane911
Whee!

Postby Blackbane911 » Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:32 am

Economists who study human risk-taking behavior in experiments have conclusively shown that our behavior is disproportionately changed when the probability of a bad outcome goes from zero to some positive chance, and from near certainty to certainty.

What this means is that people start acting weird when the chance of a tragedy goes from zero to .1%, with little change when the chance goes from .1% to .2%, even though both changes result in the same increase in incidents.

This explains why terrorism works so well. The mere chance that the shopping mall you go to or other event with a large attendance will be targeted gets people to shut themselves in. I recall when the snipers were targeting people in my county. People were staying inside, and when pumping gas, were ducking behind their cars. This despite how the chance of getting killed in an automobile accident were still greater than being in the crosshairs of the two snipers.

This also explains why the news media has convinced Americans that we are living in a crime-plagued society despite overall downward trends in violent crime. Per capita, a recent analysis showed that Britain has overtaken America in percentage of persons reported being victim of a crime. You wouldn't think so if you watch the news.

You don't want to be an ostrich with your head in the sand, but a little perspective is in order, too.

BB
Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.
Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server
Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:07 am

Also what is happening here is more statistics and more worlds news. You hear more than you did before.. even tho it was jsut as bad before.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:26 am

This despite how the chance of getting killed in an automobile accident were still greater than being in the crosshairs of the two snipers.

I'll never understand a fear of airplanes. It seems so common yet, logically, people have a far greater chance of death by setting foot in their own automobile.

I've had enough 2nd-hand trauma from car accidents, while I will use them on occasion, I really don't like them anymore and would much rather walk or use public transpo. People don't get this at all, yet when someone says they're afraid of flying, it is a widely understood and sympathised with...there's even medicine you can take to help ease it!

I don't get people...

...and yes this world amazes and sickens me. I turned on the tv for the first time 2 days ago in about a month and TV news is just the worst!! Hell I WORK in a news station and I make an effort to restrict just how much I see. If someone like me (the loving vegetarian comassionate buddhist-type sort) were to stop and ponder the misery of each and every terrible thing I happen to hear about every day, I quite literally would go crazy.

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:29 am

This planet needs a plague to wipe out about 70% of the people.

Call me an ideallist, but I think that number is too high. Maybe I'm just more tolerant of lesser forms of evil. The only people who really need to be removed are the ones who would intentionally cause serious harm to another for their own gain or enjoyment. If that number is over 1%, then I am very wrong about the state of the world.

Blackbane is right about the media: they make it look so much worse. You only see the shocking, horrible news on TV. You never hear "This month, we broke records with the fewest crime-related deaths since 1981!" I think this is true for the western world, as well as how they depict the situations overseas. The media is not the only cause of this, however. They present the news that people want to watch the most, showing carnage which makes people think things are getting worse, which makes them more likely to watch more tragic news to confirm this... and it becomes cyclic.

The world is not such a dire place. I kind of like it here (even though my job basically involves trying to get OFF this rock, /grin).

I wonder how the world would change if everyone were to give everyone else the benefit of the doubt, and assume that every new person they met was at least deserving to be alive until seeing sufficient contrary evidence.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:40 am

I'm obsessed with death & war. Call me bonkers, but it is a hobby of mine to try and understand people and their violent motives. I've read everything from "War and Peace" to "Who Owns Death" to try and gain perspective and form more concrete opinions. I've debated on message boards and in heated RL discussions over and over again.

Within the past couple years I've concluded that I disagree with capital punishment and abortion. Way to take a democratic and republican stand all at once, eh? I've debated around and around and even with myself (I used to have a very firm stance, exactly the opposite of what I feel now) but after reading facts and ideals...well I won't get into it, but Szork:

I wonder how the world would change if everyone were to give everyone else the benefit of the doubt, and assume that every new person they met was at least deserving to be alive until seeing sufficient contrary evidence.

I do try my hardest.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:49 am

To much waste. To much pollution. To much crime. WAY to much stupidity which results in all of the above. To many people. Not enough goats. Various animals, birds, sea life, flora and fauna becoming or have become extinct. This planet used to be a good place to live. Since the 1950s, everything has been going to shit and will continue to do so. 70% of the human population need to disappear in a blink of a eye. We need to start over.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:54 am

Well I don't know about you, but I take steps to reduce environmental waste and suffering for humans, animals, and plants alike. I'd rather see people quit being so conceited and demanding of "stuff" than see Ice Age part 2.

And even though we disagree, I still want you to live too Goofy :)

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:03 am

Silly wrote:

I do try my hardest.

I don't think there's any doubt of that. :) You can always tell, I think, who has a positive outlook on life and the world through your interactions with that person. From what I've seen, a lot of the people in CN, and especially Silly, are some of the most positive people I know. And they're not afraid to share it, which is what I think really matters.

I read a quote once, don't remember the source, but to paraphrase: 'A hostile person lives in a hostile world. A loving person lives in a loving world. Everyone you meet is your mirror.'

I've found that loving people tend to share that love with everyone in their world, even inadvertently so. It even goes back to something as simple as the old "catch more flies with honey" bit. It's easier than many people think to change the world, one small interaction at a time. To make a person's day a little better, to make them feel appreciated, to make them feel loved, to change their mind.

We are inundated daily with detached statistics and horrifying images that make us feel as though we are somehow separate from the problem. We are not. All statistics begin with individuals. All actions begin with a choice. We all have a voice, and we all have the ability to effect change.

Aubrianna
Whee!

Postby Aubrianna » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:20 am

Szork wrote:Blackbane is right about the media: they make it look so much worse. You only see the shocking, horrible news on TV. You never hear "This month, we broke records with the fewest crime-related deaths since 1981!" I think this is true for the western world, as well as how they depict the situations overseas. The media is not the only cause of this, however. They present the news that people want to watch the most, showing carnage which makes people think things are getting worse, which makes them more likely to watch more tragic news to confirm this... and it becomes cyclic.

One of the number 1 reasons I dont watch TV. I refuse to promote the practice they seem to do. Reminds me of a few years ago, my senior year of high school. My high school was an amazing school. No race claimed over 20% of the people in the school, and we had 2 dozen languages spoken there. We gave more opportunity for college credit than any other high school in the area. Yet, we had one of the worst reputations around. Why? One example of why would be the news....one evening they had some story of a murderer lady being caught, and they just had to mention that she graduated from my school, and they showed a picture of our school's sign with a few weeds around it. And then rumors spread. It is crap thats for sure, but it happens for almost everything on the news.

I'm not claiming the 3 stories I linked were exceptional (hell like I said, I dont watch the news to compare), or out of the ordinary. It just hit so close to home for me that I had to say something I guess.

But I also agree, I think one of the main issues is that we need to change the way we treat others, rather than just kill off people. Besides, who gets to choose who dies? I sure as heck wouldn't be capable of it, nor want that responsibility. Another main issue, I believe, is what our "culture" has deemed appropriate for the media (not just news, but tv shows, and yeah even video games). I was chatting with the middle school teacher I am observing, and he said something that stuck in my head. I don't remember it exactly enough to quote it, but it went something along the lines of...

"We can't look down on every individual person (he was speaking of the middle schoolers atm) for what the do. Take dating for example. How do we learn how to date? We used to learn from our parents, older siblings, and other personal interactions with people we actually knew. This was only a generation ago. Now a days, kids are learning more from the media than from their families and real friends. Kids are learning how to date from shows like Friends (I'm not knocking the show, I love it as well lol, but thats a moral issue with me now). Kids are looking up to the actors for how to live their lives. However, if the actors actually did in real life what they did in the show, pretty much everyone would be dieing of some STD by now. Though kids dont see they, because what the actors in Friends do is now "culturally acceptable", and so they mimic it in their relationships."

Basically what he was saying is change what is culturally acceptable in the world, and you will change what is teaching the future generations, and thus change their moral values.

And wow, I seemed to have started something here lol. Sorry, never meant it to turn into a controversial debate (if it does). I was more ranting at the start....and atm I'm home sick, so what else am I gonna do :).

70th Herald - Retired

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:24 am

WOW! Ok gonna put my two coppers worth in. (Now that I've edited it 4 times before posting it, because I didn't want to offend anyone.)

To be quite perfectly honest, I don't watch the news. If I did, I would not be this happy go lucky, oblivious to the rest of the world's peril ignorant type person. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you all remember the story I posted Last year when someone decided to steal my Dad's truck. I've had crap stolen from me, I'm sure we've all been a victim of crime at some point in time, but it's if we let it change us that really counts!

Ok, going to stop there, I'm gonna get myself in trouble!

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:51 am

I'll never understand a fear of airplanes. It seems so common yet, logically, people have a far greater chance of death by setting foot in their own automobile.

This explains why terrorism works so well. The mere chance that the shopping mall you go to or other event with a large attendance will be targeted gets people to shut themselves in. I recall when the snipers were targeting people in my county. People were staying inside, and when pumping gas, were ducking behind their cars. This despite how the chance of getting killed in an automobile accident were still greater than being in the crosshairs of the two snipers

Control of ones destiny is the defining factor in most cases.. People driving in cars feel more in contol then sitting in an airplane putting your entire trust into the construction, pilots, mechanics.. Can even break it down further in saying most people feel safer driving a car then being a passenger...

Terrorism feeds on this loss of control, the fear of dying without the chance of defending yourself cause far more fear then even being in the trenches exchanging weapon fire. Booby traps, snipers and and any type of disconnected ordnance (mortars, large calaber weapon fire, air dropped and so on) during war caused the highest levels of stress..

As for the topic of the thread,

I avoid the network news as much as i possibly can since they are hamstrung into primarily showing what gets them ratings... Sad thing is, death and destruction gets higher ratings then the possitive stories they could be focusing on... My own personal outlook on the world is much much better when i don't watch the news.. politics on the other hand makes me irrate :P

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:08 am

hamstrung into primarily showing what gets them ratings... Sad thing is, death and destruction gets higher ratings then the possitive stories they could be focusing on...

100% true. The media is a business. Good ratings = high cost of advertising = more profit for the company.

Sad but true. It isn't just news though. Look how many people watch so called "reality" shows based upon the pain of others (whether that misery be due to relationships, losing weight, quitting a bad habit, sitting in a bucket of scorpions, whatever). I wonder how many people would watch a show based upon good things that happen in the world? Oh wait, you can get that for free on public t.v.

We actually PAY for cable to see people like Jerry Springer....

I guess it boils down to supply and demand. Stop consuming the nastiness and they'll stop supplying it? Or at least exploiting it, I hope...

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:25 am

To much waste. To much pollution. To much crime.

Way too few of the letter "O". :)

Guys I love you all to pieces but there are about 6,000 websites dedicated to political and philosophical debate and I've never seen one on the CN boards without it ending in someone pissed off :)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Szork
Whee!

Postby Szork » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:11 pm

I actually like debating issues like this here. I could care less what those 6000 websites have to say; I find it more interesting learn how the people I interact with regularily think about these issues.

Goofy has taken a bit of an extreme view on the state of the world, but it brings up some interesting ideas. Silly kind of represents the oposite side, and Blackbane has brought up an intersting human behaviour experiment.

While other dedicated boards might have more information than we will discuss here, I'd rather hear what these people think than some extremist/self-proclaimed-expert elsewhere!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 pm

What's funny is that we all seem to agree on the same "problems" the world is facing, we just see different ways of fixing them.

The people that really scare me are the ones who choose to remain oblivious of affliction, regardless of its abundance.

We're all blissfully ignorant at one point or another. It is when blissfully ignorant and presented with evidence that should spark a desire of change, yet doesn't, where I become frustrated and concerned.

A very basic example: It wasn't always widely known that alcohol during pregnancy is unhealthy for a fetus. Now, when you pick up a six-pack, it says it right there in bold print. When the mother-to-be blatantly ignores the risk and drinks anyway, it is obvioulsy reprehensible.

Unfortunately, life doesn't offer bold print warnings for each and everything we do. Especially if there's a profit to be made. It is quite easy to ignore suffering if one chooses to look the opposite direction; it is unfortunate people can, and will with a consious effort, look the other way.

I guess there's a reason why we have holidays for people like St. Valentine and Martin Luther King, they must be few and far between. I agree with Kahlyla in the fact that the world needs more people willing to passionately take a stand even when it doesn't seem to be popular with the masses.

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:04 pm

Silly wrote:What's funny is that we all seem to agree on the same "problems" the world is facing, we just see different ways of fixing them.

Ah, exactly! I don't really see that much debate going on here, we're all just exploring different facets of the same issue. If it becomes too contentious, we can always close the thread, but I don't see that happening here yet.

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:08 pm

I agree with Kahlyla in the fact that the world needs more people willing to passionately take a stand even when it doesn't seem to be popular with the masses.

small problem with this though, who defines the line and boundaries? Usually it society as a whole, but there lies the problem, societies created the world we live in... Someone pushing an agenda to far to the right or left usually creates a devide that in some cases leads to war....

substantial inprovments in safe energy and enriched healthy food creation that is not wrapped up in profiteers would do wonders to improve humanities thinking as a whole (Star trek theory) ... Guess my point is, poking at the outer edge of humanities misfits does little to fix any perceived problem.. the heart lays in governments changing the face of politics toward earths future instead of making their campain contributers happy, who just happen to be for the most part some of the largest profiteers in the world...

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:32 pm

Isn't it interesting that given all of our advances, and this is the kind of things that get on the news. I refuse to watch the news for all the same reasons everyone has mentioned. But I am addicted to news at the same time. I get most of mine from reading though. Print media offer an opportunity to get more in depth than tv does.

Quait speaks of Utopia, but of course the never ending question is who decides. And since we are all greedy, to a certain extent, good luck referring that one lol.

I agree with Kahlyla in the fact that the world needs more people willing to passionately take a stand even when it doesn't seem to be popular with the masses.

Isn't that a loaded/impossible statement though? Isn't that what terrorists do? Or Bush, isn't that what he's doing? Isn't one man's passion another man's psychosis? And then how do you measure?

It's kinda of cool how Silly let us in for just a second on her inner debate. (Abortion and Capital punishment) We all have those debates. I personally enjoy the challenge of those debates. Not so much with others, although I have, but more within myself. I enjoy challenging myself about my beliefs.

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:50 pm

I'm the same way, Tardar. There are actually several issues out there that I haven't yet made up my mind on. In some ways, I feel like at 24, I should know where I stand on things, but than I promptly kick myself - there's no reason everything has to be decided at such a young age, my beliefs should continue to evolve. (Trouble is, when they do, it can be hard to then convince people that you've changed your stance, and have them take you seriously, lol.)

Isn't that a loaded/impossible statement though? Isn't that what terrorists do? Or Bush, isn't that what he's doing? Isn't one man's passion another man's psychosis? And then how do you measure?

This is very interesting. You bring up a good point. I guess the difference for me lies in what Szork said - doing harm to others to satisfy your own ends is inherently wrong. I am a big believer in speaking up vocally and in print for what you believe. Protesting, campaigning, publishing, petitioning, even blogging can all have a serious impact on shaping our society through peaceful means. Mind you, it is still wise to choose one's battles, even when they don't involve weapons, but I can't condone simply keeping silent on issues of importance. I wear my heart on my sleeve, and my convictions on my other sleeve. :wink: I think that unwarranted violence is wrong, but making our voices heard in small ways can make all the difference in the world. Even deliberately not watching sensationalist news, as several have mentioned, is an example of putting your convictions into action.

Aubrianna
Whee!

Postby Aubrianna » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:58 pm

[quote="Tardar"]Isn't that a loaded/impossible statement though? Isn't that what terrorists do? Or Bush, isn't that what he's doing? Isn't one man's passion another man's psychosis? And then how do you measure? [quote]

You don't have to change the world to make an impact. That actually never seems to work for the good. And (I really DONT want to start a religious debate), but it seems no matter what you believe, even as an agnostic, we all ave some varying degree of knowing right from wrong. This is often implanted through our parents, surroundings, etc, but we all can make a choice when things come up, and it depends on the context. Like, should we speed while driving? Immediately we think no, you get a ticket (least thats my experience, I dont have big eyelashes to bat at the cops), however what if you have your wife in the back seat and shes in labor? If the cop pulls you over, they will more than likely make the conscious decision that this instance is above the law. What I guess it comes down to is dont try and make an impact with the world. Work small, do something nice for your neighbor, or someone you don't know. What goes around comes around.

And just a derail atm, I think I know why I'm getting so drawn out about this. I still feel like crap today (ditched my classes lol), so I decided to go to the clinic. Turns out a little black widow decided to sleep with me last night lol. So I am a tad dilusional, normally I wouldnt be speaking out like this lol.

70th Herald - Retired

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:30 pm

I'll be back in 4 pages to say "I told you so" after the first 2 people deguild :)

(I can even show you links to the last time it happened.)
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:51 pm

no one deguilds over a human nature and semi policical thread, unless they are already looking for an excuse to leave.. if someone deguilds over what we are talking about, then all i can say is, good riddance....

Work small, do something nice for your neighbor, or someone you don't know. What goes around comes around.

I went to hug my neighbor and he slugged me :? so the hugging his wife plan is on hold atm :P

Quait speaks of Utopia, but of course the never ending question is who decides. And since we are all greedy, to a certain extent, good luck referring that one lol

Greed is a general statement, greed in the truest sence can be as simple as wanting to learn more or discover things unknown to one self... Greed in the consumer form is taught and if there was no consumerism in the world, greed in that form would not exist...

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:45 pm

I'm with you Teory! Just a month ago, Tardar and Skratz got in a spat over an emoticon...
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Blackbane911
Whee!

Postby Blackbane911 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:59 am

My, this has evolved into an interesting thread! CN has some very reflective and thoughtful people in it. It's why I keep surfing back here even though the thought of re-allocating what free time I have back into getting any meaningful advancement in EQ makes me break out in a sweat.

I think Teory has a very valid concern. Recently, the Washington Post opened up a forum on its website. Within a day or two they had to shut it down because it descended into a political partisan flame war. People are all too tribalistic and defensive about their ideology, and are often all too quick to react emotively when they see their believes assailed by another, because our political beliefs are a psychological extension of ourselves (as is our religious faith or philosophy). The anonymity of the web allows us to say inflammatory things in the comfort of our home with little risk of getting beaten up or shot.

I can't resist throwing out another interesting research experiment. Some brain imaging scientists at Emory University examined in 2004 how and where the brains of Bush and Kerry backers activated in response to video clips of "their guy" and the other candidate making political speeches containing factual claims. From what I can tell from their press release, these Bush and Kerry speeches were followed by clips from the other side with commentary on why what the candidate said was not true. These were then followed up by a third commentary where the speaker was able to defend the original speech and demonstrate how the candidate could indeed be telling the truth.

Tellingly, the brains of political partisans activated in the most primal regions (limbic system) of the brain involved in reward and fear processing, with little activation in parts of cortex that would normally be recruited when people honestly evaluate testimony for factual accuracy. In a nutshell, it's as if the brains of partisans said "don't confuse us with facts! My mind's made up. My guy can do no wrong, and the other guy is the lying enemy!"

See details at:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 092225.htm

Democratic political operative James Carville once explained on a talking-head show how all the hundreds of millions of dollars spent in political advertising is really aimed at the 10 percent of the people who are on the fence and don't have their minds already made up. This research study also easily explains why people are so quick to flame people directly who hold opposing political beliefs (instead of carefully criticizing the belief itself), and why people's beliefs are so resistant to change!

It is my hope that we can continue to keep such dialogue on life open out of respect for each other, both to get a feel for who we are, and to maybe even learn something (if we can just get our cortex in gear).

Deguilding over an emoticon argument seems petulant and silly.

BB

Blackbane Darcmedic, Archon of Innoruuk, Grandmaster of Sarcasm, Eater of Too Many Cookies.

Yerb Sixpac, Mercenary of Albion, Gawaine server

Snivius Madmeddler, Mesmer/Elementalist Guild Wars

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:25 am

Oh, no. Nobody deguilded over the emoticon. The point was that if a yellow dot with eyes and a smile caused an arguement and hurt feelings - discussing abortion, war, the death penalty, and religon - is most likey going to make someone cold and prickely as well. However, carry on - I'll go back to reading Saphy's screenshots thread, it's more enjoyable. :smt023
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:09 am

Did you know that any given person at any given time has over 200 contaminants in their body? Hurray for humanity!

Is there any one person reading these forums that isn't on some kind of medication? What happened to the day when your spouse told you to go to hell, you threw a plate at them and the day went on as normal instead of having to take $200 worth of anti-depressants? Now your kid can't tell the teacher to go to hell without having some kind of attention defiect problem. So we dope em up! Woohoo!

There used to be a day when you could read a magazine without having 5 different medications thrown at you from the manufacturer telling you to ask your doctor about this or that. Did you have a loose crap this morning, better take some new meds for it!!

Money drives the business and business ruins the world. Weeee
Last edited by Goofydoofy on Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goofydoofy

Postby Goofydoofy » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:21 am

My tits are to small! My ass is to saggy! I'm not fat enough! Inject some bacon into my neck!!

I have an idea! Lets start giving out one of the most toxic toxins on the planet so people can have it injected into their face because they are aging. Yea, I like it.

Or, lets kick a kid out of school because he brought a aspirin to school due to having a toothache.

Or maybe lets arrest a kid and their parents because they brought a butter knife to school to spread some butter on their bread at lunch time.

Flying to New York today? Strip search because you had a paperclip in your briefcase!

Yea, good stuff.