Home... again

Moderator: Littlabit

Quatarian
Whee!

Home... again

Postby Quatarian » Fri Feb 10, 2006 10:56 am

Hey guys!

I would like to say hello to some of my old teammates and family from EQ past and let everyone who knew me know that I am safely back from Iraq... AGAIN!

We got back just a few weeks ago and I am so incredibly happy to be home. My RL wife, Rebecca, and I are expecting our first child in April (17th to be exact) and we couldn't be more excited. My Army career is taking me to Monterey, CA, next for language training where I'll be learning mandarin chinese for the next 18 months. So, a lot of changes and moving in the next year as I hope to distance myself from the middle east as far as I possibly can!

It appears as though you all's progress is just through the roof! Checking out some of these magelos and reading about some of the hits are very impressive. It warms my heart to see many of the old names.

Best of luck to you in your continued progression. While I was in Iraq I transferred servers to Xegony during the mergers to play with some soldiers over there. I ended up playing all of about 2 times and now I don't know anyone there. Hehe, that's just how it goes sometimes.

Keep kicking ass and taking names!

Your friend,

Q

Terranya
Whee!

Postby Terranya » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:04 am

Hey Q!

A big welcome home to you!
So glad you made it home safe AGAIN!
Congrats on your upcoming new addtion!
Keep in touch, you were missed :wav:

Twoofus
Whee!

Postby Twoofus » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:07 am

Welcome home Q...

We're glad you made it back safe this round as well.
Let's hope you can stay close to the baby in your next assignment.

/salute

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Fri Feb 10, 2006 11:56 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Welcome back hon. You are learning Chinese? Are you plotting to take over my job? :P

Tardar
Whee!

Postby Tardar » Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:27 pm

Dude, welcome home and thank you for your service.

Congratulations on the new addition. I told Kay she was allowed to consult you in the naming of our kid.

I'll expect you will be switching servers again, so quit dawdling and Git R Done! Look forward to beating stuff up with you again, even though they will have to be green for your gimp a$$.

Welcome home bro!

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:01 pm

Welcome back Q and congratulations to you both.
Unikyte is a nice name for a baby don't you think? :roll:

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Great to have you back Quat and a lil one on the way too... wooot!

My brother just got back from Iraq a couple weeks ago.

Seeya around.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:54 pm

Awesome Bro!

Very good news to hear of your return.
Gratz on the addition to the fam.

....I was thinking along the same lines as Unikyte, but i think Fibban would be a much nicer choice for a baby's name. :thumbleft:

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:42 pm

Welcome Home and a HUGE Thank You For your service to us!

As far as names go, I've always liked Exodus, :) Or Justice. Poetess? Freedom?

Just be lucky I'm not the one having a kid, *Snicker* I wanted to name our daughter Captured freedom!

Aubrianna
Whee!

Postby Aubrianna » Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:46 am

Fibban or Unikyte wouldnt be too far off for baby names I'm sure....Theres a brother/sister combo in the middle school I work in named Honor (the girl) and Mighty (the boy). Some parents...
Minstrel Aubrianna Melody
70th Herald - Retired

riggett
Whee!

Postby riggett » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:33 am

Welcome back Quatarian. Glad to hear you are safe and congrats on the baby. Will be an exciting change.

Qmaus
Whee!

Postby Qmaus » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:08 am

Hi Q! Welcome home.

Even though I never knew you while I was part of EH, I've certainly heard alot about you.

Nice to see you're going to Monterey. I myself graduated from DLI in 1990 (I learned Russian). Monterey is a lovely area, it definitely stole my heart. To this day it's the place I yearn to eventually retire. You're really going to enjoy your time there.

Just remember not to neglect your studies, lol. DLI is a very intensive place to study; primarily because you are learning at such a fast pace. When my Russian studies were in full swing, we were getting about 40-70 new vocabulary words every other day, testing on them the next morning, plus all the grammar rules, etc. to go along with them. It can be grueling, but if you did well enough on your DLAB to get sent there, then the true challenge is just teaching yourself to knuckle down and develop top-notch study habits.

Oh, and if by some chance the PX at DLI still sells Jolt cola...stock up, buddy! I swear that's what really got me through, hehe.

Good luck in Monterey. Come back and post on your progress!

Elomar
Resident Goofball

Postby Elomar » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:27 am

Welcome back bro!

Good to see you back home and safe. I'll bet the first thing you do in Ca. will be to head to the beach! I'm certain you have a fondness for sand that you'll never get out of your system.

Wish Kay well for us and good luck on that whole fatherhood thing. Somehow I dont think all the AC/HP or AA in the world will be enough.

Remember, you can always transfer back.....

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:42 am

Hey Q,

Glad your safe...again. Tell Rebecca hello from me and gratz on the baby thing. I hope she grows up to be a bard just like you!! Errr...wait...anyway...GL on the reading/writing/arithmetic in Little America.

Jump on and say hello when you get the chance.

Spen