Another Farewell...

Moderator: Littlabit

Aubrianna
Whee!

Another Farewell...

Postby Aubrianna » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm

Most of you probably read the title, and thought "what aub, you left allready, how are you leaving again?" Well, I have come to the decision to take an indefinate break from EQ, and wanted to post here to let my friends in CN know that I will be dissapearing out of the game entirely, at least for a while, afterall.

I feel I need to take a break and put the time and commitment I have in EQ towards things in my real life right now. I'm not disspearing cause I went broke (well I am broke, but I'm in college, those go hand in hand), or going to jail or something. I'm leaving for good things. For one, I want to become a better rolemodel, teacher, and leader for the children that I mentor and work with in the childrens program I'm a leader in. I want to be able to give myself more fully to the kids, and not have something like EQ in my mind. Nagging thoughts such as if I cut out early I can still get some exp for the night. Also I feel I've had to do some double backflips through flaming hoops just to be able to attend college this semester. I made a last minute decision to transfer schools, and I'm never going to do that again (well I hope I wont have to). I'm going to be majoring now in secondary math education, so starting this semester I'm having student teaching hours every week, and yet tons and tons more children to pour into and mentor. Those are the highlights of my life right now, and I want to be the best I can be in each area. I'm taking off from EQ for a while, atleast until the summer, so I will be able to commit that much more of myself and my time towards these things. I always told myself that I wouldn't fill up my time with EQ when I had things in my life that I loved and was commited to, atleast enough to fill up my time, and now I have those things.

Most of you are also probably wondering why I come back and post here. In CN were the best friends I knew in EQ. Obviously I left, but I was allready falling out of EQ at the time and thought if I could see a bit more quicker, then maybe I'd enjoy just being on for raiding nights. (Just for the record, about half the raids I went on since I left were failed Uqua raids /gag). But raiding nights would still be more time than I want to commit to a game right now as is, so I'm just stopping all together.

I cancelled my next subscription for my account, but it wont expire until Feb 2nd. Until then I'll be hopping on randomly as time allows, and mostly just chatting with people, and dumping as much of my droppable stuff as I can. I figure even if I do come back, in the meantime all my droppable gear is wasted, so I'm opening it up to anyone who needs. I've allready emptied my trader out almost completely, but I've still got a ton left on random toons. I'm opening my remaining stuff up to CN first and foremost if anyone needs.

I'll post some stuff later on when I check through my gear more thorougly, but off the top of my head I have an Edge of Envelopment, a Lesser Rune, Erudite and Iksar clicky masks for Rogues and Bards, Singing Steel Boots, a fully twinked (bout 10k worth) lowbie Enchanter (for anyone wanting to bring up a int caster and wants a set of gear to start with), and I think a mostly geared (twinked, I have a twinking problem) Beast Lord about level 30 (if someone has use for that type of gear).

I will NOT ebay Aubrianna out. I feel I spent too much time working relationships and learning how to play a bard and gain a reputation for groups, to have some ebay nut running around getting me killed. If someone from CN wants, I will probably loan the account out (obviously its cancelled for now). But, on the other hand, I do have my second account that is deactivated right now. On it is a fully geared (again twinked) 55 cleric, as well as some lowbie alts. I am opening up that account to whoever wants (free). If you want more info, send me an email and we'll chat.

I think thats about it for now, I'll post later after I've gone through my stuff and found more stuff to liquidate. If anyone wants any of it to use, just ask, it is going to do me no good sitting on a deactivated account.

CN was the best family I had the pleasure of spending my time in EQ in over the course of EQ's whole existance. I'll probably browse the boards on and off still throughout the semester.

Man, I just realized how long this post was, ok ending it now before I drag on another 10 pages!.
Last edited by Aubrianna on Mon May 24, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minstrel Aubrianna Melody
70th Herald - Retired

Kerchak
Rainbow of Fruit Flavors

RE: Another Farewell...

Postby Kerchak » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:20 pm

Well Phooey, with you gone, it will take all the fun out of seeing who has the better gear, not that I ever did. I hope all goes well for you with school and teaching. I know I dont have the patience to be a teacher. Kudos to you. Shoot me a tell if and when you come back. Once again, super good luck to you.
Kerchak

Hylea
Whee!

RE: Another Farewell...

Postby Hylea » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:35 am

Darn Aub it just keeps coming....well I know how it is when real life takes over...something inside tells you its time..and its obviously calling for you. Please keep in touch. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and to be around your sense of humor. You definatly are one of a kind...and I for one miss you...still. I know you will do wonderful in whatever you do in life and hope you do drop by from time to time to let us know how you are doing!

One sad cleric

/Hylea

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:57 am

Luck to ya Aubrianna, when you get the time stop in and say hello.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:13 am

I understand the need to cut back and concentrate on the RL stuffs. I wish you luck and hope that all goes your way:)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:09 pm

Well I'd post with lots of sad faces & etc but this obviously is some very good reasoning to put EQ on hold. What wonderful committments you've made! I'm very proud of you and your decision to put those priorities first. After all, the kids you'll be teaching will be the ones who will (or won't) be taking care of us in the future, soooo, teach them well!

Well I do hope to see you back around norrath a bit maybe come summer when things have slowed down some for you.

Wishing you the best,
Silly

The_Kairns
Whee!

Postby The_Kairns » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:41 pm

I totally understand Aub. Those are the same reasons I left EQ. Was nice knowing you. Was nice knowing and spending time with all my friends in CN, althought I left the guild before I quit, CN always felt like my EQ home.

Good luck to you, Aub.