Double XP Weekend

Moderator: Littlabit

Ommina
Whee!

Double XP Weekend

Postby Ommina » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:14 pm

Copied from this post on the EQLive forums:

Hello,

We sincerely apologize again for the problems caused in response to Wednesday’s update. We do understand that many characters were rolled back due to actions beyond their control along with those that took direct advantage of the situation. We also understand that many other players that were not rolled back were also affected in indirect ways. This weekend we will be offering double experience to all players. This will require us to take down the servers early tomorrow morning and they should be up and offering the modified experience at 9am PST. This event will run until Monday morning at 10am PST. Once again please accept our apologies for any interruptions this has caused in your playtime.

The EQ Team

WTB XP Groups...

Rendus
Nekoconeko

RE: Double XP Weekend

Postby Rendus » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Double XP, plus Lesson for either 3x or 4x (depending on their implementation) XP.. Wow.
<a href="">Test</A>

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 pm

WoW.

Hehe, fixed it. Warcraft was always giving double experience after they'd messed something up. Hope I actually can get on to enjoy this one!
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:36 pm

Yay how does double xp modifier give me back the items I lost??? I didnt even trade with the beta traders.

They rolledback by association, so if someoen asked for a xloc.. and I gave it.. and they donated say 20pp... if that person who donated had bought from merchants... or traded with someone who did.. I would automatically get rollback and that happened..

I lost two nice items at a total cost of over 200kpp.

double xp doesnt mean jack shit. I am pissed and I am about to explode... I petitioned since I never traded anything that could have been tainted. I want my items back. They cannot give double xp and say everyhting is fine. (for referense the xloc thing was an example on how easy it is, I didnt trade with Sid... got rollback without reason.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:07 pm

I spend most of my afternoon reading the forum and seems like half of the people who got rollbacked didn't even do anything. I am so sorry for your loss Sid and if you need help getting other items to make it up for your loss, let me know. I am sure the guild will find a way to make the best out of this horrible situation!!!!

In the meantime, we should still try to enjoy the double xp weekend. Since that means we will probably have to end up doing the same epic hits we did in another time. So let's set up some major xp groups. MM, DoD spell missions, RSS groups.... You name it!! Just look me up and throw me an invite. I will surely be on the whole time. (*calling starbucks for major coffee delivery!!)

*big huge hug for sid*
Kay

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:43 pm

Ill prolyl be on tomorrow and sunday and abusing this xp stuff. :)
I also thank you for your compassion and offer to help. But the items in itself isnt that important to me, its the principle of the thing.

SOE makes mistake, SOE punishes those who abused the mistake and alot of innocent ppl, then they refuse to reimburse legitimate items that ppl have gotten via raids or groups.

I really hope they will change their ideas and fix their problem instead of punishing ppl for their own mistake.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:15 pm

I'll Be ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:37 pm

better grab a exp early cuz i think most of the exp zones will be camped out.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:45 am

You're right Verige, so my suggestion would be to do Instanced zones, like Doeb's plan to hit 69.1 Hard mission... or do Creator so you get crystals and faction.

I'm not 100% sure if your vet double exp (And I still have that double exp potion on one of my alts from that scavenger hunt) stacks.. I keep seeing that it does. If you decide to do Monster Missions (was confirmed on sony boards that double exp is there) the veteran (or potion) double exp will not carry over since it is like a buff and you don't carry buffs into shrouded form.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Freya
Whee!

Postby Freya » Sat Jan 21, 2006 6:52 am

Okay, stupid me.. but wht is this rollback of which you speak? I have been afk due to just plaine ol' sickness... so.... I don't understand. How did you lose items? What does Rollback mean? Please help this stupid barb have some understanding...lol

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:19 am

Hehe Freya.

A rollback is when they I guess reset your character back to a certain time. Everything your character had done or gained after whatever time you were reset to would be undone and lost.. like you never did it at all because at that point in time you hadn't.

The patch on Weds morning (the 18th) had error in it. Some venders were up that shouldn't have been, and so characters got rolled back (mine were rolled back to Tuesday night ). So, everything any of my characters had done from Tuesday night until they rolled me back on Thursday was gone. This includes but is not limited to items purchased in bazaar, plat earned from having a trader up, any loot that was bought on a raid, all exp and AAs.
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:37 am

I"M LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 LFG LFG LFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:50 am

Okay, stupid me.. but wht is this rollback of which you speak? I have been afk due to just plaine ol' sickness... so.... I don't understand. How did you lose items? What does Rollback mean? Please help this stupid barb have some understanding...lol

Its easy, SOE did a mistake. There come some tradeskill items into the game that shouldnt. Some ppl bought from these merchants. And everyone who traded with those temporary merchants and those who traded with those who traded with said merchants or those who traded with those who traded with those who obught from merchants... etc. Got rolled back, this happened 2 days after patch and the character was rolled back to a state it was in just after patch...

So everything you did from patch day and untill rollback dissapeard.

And now they refuse to reimburse the lost items. That affected totally innocent people due to SOE's mistake.

-- Stephen Roberts

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:33 am

lol saphi.. you nut
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Freya
Whee!

Postby Freya » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:26 am

Ah... it all makes sense now!!! EEp.... though I wonder... well.. I don't think I was on for the time that it seems to have affected... whew... got lucky for once! But anything you all need to help with to get back.. just let me know.. I should be on a bit this weekend... wee!!! I need some exp...oh and runes..lol

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:36 pm

Official word was, as I recall, that Vet XP rewards and the double XP do stack. As Rendus pointed out, there is no indication if that will leave you with 3x or 4x regular XP (depending on how they run the formula). Assuming the first, that's still a chuck of the XP bar moving.

I'm actually somewhat relieved that tonight's raid has been postponed, if only for the extra opportunity to take advantage of the extra XP. RSS is going to be packed, I'm sure, but the 69.1 mission, as suggested, sure looks attractive.

tuiaanen
Whee!

Postby tuiaanen » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:41 pm

Sony forgot to mention that there would be a catch. Yes, there will be double XP, but no, the server will not be up.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:04 pm

Double XP! For the 15 minutes you get to experience it.

Whee. Heh. I went LD, rebooted, came back to the servers down. Nifty.
<a href="">Test</A>

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:23 pm

You guys ever get back in? When I went to bed earlier this morning servers were down for that "short" patch. I wake up 7 hours later and still can't get in.

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:31 pm

There was an error in the patch, Pohl.. the double exp was only working for regular exp, not AAs.

So we had a patch to fix the patch. Supposed to be 2 hours patch that started at 3 p.m. eastern.

The double EXP is extended until Tuesday Morning 10 a.m. now.

(and that's Tuesday, 10 a.m. PST )
Last edited by Zady on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kattia - 73 Berserker

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:59 pm

Yay, after working the weekend with the extension....I may actually get in some XP time! Weehaw....though I'll probably be somewhat alone due to shift/having days off during the week lol

Well you can count me in for at least a bit tonight from whenever I get home until whenever I deem that I will be thoroughly tired for work in the morning Sunday. However, I will be a crazy XP fool Sunday for as long as possible!!!! <bares teeth and froths at the mouth> Rabid Lizard!
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>