FIRST POST!!!

Moderator: Littlabit

Saphirone
Whee!

FIRST POST!!!

Postby Saphirone » Sat Dec 31, 2005 11:12 pm

Weeeeeeeeeeeee!! I got the first post of the New Year VIA Mountain Standard Time!! Happy 2006!!!!!

Now, How many resolutions we got?

Tsekande
Klutzy Beastie

RE: FIRST POST!!!

Postby Tsekande » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:36 am

Second Post!

Resolutions? Well, I only got one major game one I guess: Get Mita her 1.0, get Cryingwind and Xiaofen to 30 so they can get guilded...and hmmmm.....maybe be seen more in EQ while moonlighting in EQ2 instead of vice versa?
Tsekande Troublepouncer, 76 Vah Shir Beastlord
Henri Sootypaws, 26 Vah Shir Shaman
Dagrun, 24 Drakkin Magician
Nasrin, 17 Drakkin Monk

(Siggy under construction)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Jan 01, 2006 6:42 am

I only ever made one resolution - not to make any.

In game...hmm like Tse said above I could get the last of my alts to 30 so I could guild them en masse. We need another 13 toons right? Trab would like his 1.5 and Jaff his 1.0 :) Maybe I will work on those

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:28 pm

Well, In real life, My resolutions are as follows:

(Just a side note, this is the very first year I have actually "Made" Resolutions to follow, so hopefully I'll be able to stick with them.)

1. Be smoke free in 2006 and make everyone else quit too! (This actually works but you have to have max faction with intimidation, manipulating, and the with holding of any free monies. So Far, My Mom, My Husband, Mom's friend, and a friend of mine are all smoke free today. Probably one reason none of us have called eachother yet too, LOL!)

2. Of course, the all mighty dreaded Diet and excersize routine. The eating aspect of my diet is all well, however, I lack serious desire to excersize, (Yes, I know I'm spelling exercise/excersize/exsercise wrong, :p), and running is completely out of the question right now. At least until I get one good lung functioning, and of course, I'm beautiful, toned, running along a beach in a half @$$ed bikini in front of very beautiful men.

3. The days that I feel like slouching in my pajama's all day, Get dressed anyway. I don't believe I've worn make-up in over a year, so I'm going to start wearing make-up, start letting my hair down more, and only wear my PJ's for what thier supposed to be worn for... sleeping!

4. Have a closer relationship with "The Heavenly Father". I've done some soul searching, I guess you could say, and I've realized our "Chats", as you could call them, have been more mundane, and repeated than actually communicating. Sooooo, Time for me to actually start talking, and at other times, actually listen.

5. I have a friend in real life. Only one, but I know she loves me, and since we moved to the same town, I think I've seen her a total of 8 times. I'm probably going to go see her more often, as I know she wants to see me too. (Just always depends on the kids though, she usually has 5, and then I have my one, so gotta make sure no one is sick, LoL).

6. Time for me to go outside, and play ball a little more often. I know for most people who don't see me on very often, it's not the fact that I'm not on Everquest, because more than likely, I am, however, in very different forms than most of CN. If I thought I could get away with playing a little bit more, than I would, however, until my other EQ life, (Apart from my love life in CN) slows down a bit, I might still be a little sparse, however, I'm going to cut into that time to go out and play a game I truly love, and haven't played in such a very long while....

Baseball!

Now, as of January 1st, 2006, I'm doing good! Only thing I haven't done yet was put make up on, and make my hair all pretty and straight instead of wild and curly. (I have MEGA Natually curly hair, so believe me, it's wild.) I got dressed, haven't had a cigarrette, (BIG Thing that helps here is that no one else in the house is smoking, however, they are all taking it pretty hard, and have decided to be unsocialable and stay in bed all day.) I've gone outside, however, with wind gusts to over 70 miles per hour, baseball just isn't happening today, and my friend isn't home yet. God and I have been chit chatting, I guess you could say this morning, after we had a real serious conversation last night, and things are going rather well, *BIG Smiles*.

And that's all I have for resolutions this year, :).

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:02 am

WOW Saphi you are inspirational!!!

Normally I refuse to make resolutions but this year I am in need of a few.

Resolution #1 - The Physical Self!

Start treating my body as though it has more importance than just a vessle of communication for inner self; and give it the respect it deserves! This means more exercise, less caffeine, less booze, more meals and less junk food, etc. etc. etc.

Resolution #2- The mental self!

Continue to figure out what in life has meaning for me and what is worth a shrug (I did a lot of this over the past year). Set my goals high according to what I believe to be important (not what others, or advertising, or t.v., or church, or politics) and strive to acheive those goals no matter how seemingly impossible or ridiculous or unattainable they may seem.

Resolution #3- The emotional self!

To remember the world doesn't revolve around me and continue to put compassion and understanding at the top of my list of priorities. Even when pissed off, I will try to remember to look at the situation from another's point of view and try to give the benefit of the doubt. I have especially good inspiration for this third one so hopefully he'll remember to kick my ass when I forget to do this :)

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:33 am

So.......12 days into 2006... How are we doing??? :)

I'll go first:

#1- Body (health etc): Well the scale is moving in the right direction. I've switched about half of my coffee drinking for herbal tea, I've been cooking more & buying convenience food less, and have made it my mission to continue to find more fun ways of incorporating exercise into my daily life...dance dance revolution anyone? :lol: So! Still doing fairly well here.

#2- Mind (goals etc): Eh, hard to determine so soon into the year.

#3- Spirit (being nice, etc): Well I'm still working on this. I have a feeling this will be something I strive for for the rest of my life. I suppose you can't just wake up one day and be a saint though so I won't be too hard on myself.

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:57 am

OOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! ME NEXT!!!

"1. Be smoke free in 2006 and make everyone else quit too! (This actually works but you have to have max faction with intimidation, manipulating, and the with holding of any free monies. So Far, My Mom, My Husband, Mom's friend, and a friend of mine are all smoke free today. Probably one reason none of us have called eachother yet too, LOL!)"

Today's date is 1/12/06 And I am Smoke free, Ladies and gentlemen, :) 2 more days and I'll have 2 weeks into a Non-smoking life!! However, for the 15 years I did smoke, I'm sure decades will be swiped off my life, which means I should live about 8 more years. Yups, That outta do it!! ROFL!!

"2. Of course, the all mighty dreaded Diet and excersize routine. The eating aspect of my diet is all well, however, I lack serious desire to excersize, (Yes, I know I'm spelling exercise/excersize/exsercise wrong, :p), and running is completely out of the question right now. At least until I get one good lung functioning, and of course, I'm beautiful, toned, running along a beach in a half @$$ed bikini in front of very beautiful men."

The actual DIET aspect of this is still going really great. I haven't completely engorged myself, and I lost three pounds last I checked with my new scales. Hold On, I'll double check and be sure!

(Time lapse: 1.57m)

Actually, looking at about 4 pounds since I stopped smoking, which is TOTALLY AWESOME! "YEAH BABY! WEWT!!" So that resolution is Going Good!!!!

"3. The days that I feel like slouching in my pajama's all day, Get dressed anyway. I don't believe I've worn make-up in over a year, so I'm going to start wearing make-up, start letting my hair down more, and only wear my PJ's for what thier supposed to be worn for... sleeping!"

This is going well, however, I haven't felt good the past couple of days, so I slacked off and didn't get dressed til this afternoon. However, I'm still finding it very difficult to "Make" myself put on make-up. I guess I'm just not a make-up kind of gal, but I'll keep working on that, :D

"4. Have a closer relationship with "The Heavenly Father". I've done some soul searching, I guess you could say, and I've realized our "Chats", as you could call them, have been more mundane, and repeated than actually communicating. Sooooo, Time for me to actually start talking, and at other times, actually listen."

Now this started out really good, but the past few days I've slacked off because by the time I get to my prayers, I'm so dead tired that I just wiz thru them. However, I have made more of a conscious effort to have more conversations with God thru out the day, and not just before I pass out to go to sleep, :).

"5. I have a friend in real life. Only one, but I know she loves me, and since we moved to the same town, I think I've seen her a total of 8 times. I'm probably going to go see her more often, as I know she wants to see me too. (Just always depends on the kids though, she usually has 5, and then I have my one, so gotta make sure no one is sick, LoL)."

This one has just gone to the dogs. I haven't been able to get hold of my friend, and since she is a smoker, I've been so afraid of going over there in fear of a lapse. I've been doing a lot better lately however, as my Mom still smokes, (She's cut down MAJORLY though) and it eases me to see that my husband can no longer stand the smell nor the taste of a cigarrette so he quit too, so it's really not too much of a temptation anymore. However, if my friend doesn't hurry up and call me back, I may not get to see her this month, LOL!

"6. Time for me to go outside, and play ball a little more often. I know for most people who don't see me on very often, it's not the fact that I'm not on Everquest, because more than likely, I am, however, in very different forms than most of CN. If I thought I could get away with playing a little bit more, than I would, however, until my other EQ life, (Apart from my love life in CN) slows down a bit, I might still be a little sparse, however, I'm going to cut into that time to go out and play a game I truly love, and haven't played in such a very long while....

Baseball!"

Now, I have not gone outside too much because just a few days after the new year, it started to get cold and Windy, and of course, there is still ashes hanging around in microscopic peices everywhere, so I have not been outside but a few times and those were very limited. However, with the weather warming up soonish, (I Hope) I will be out there a lot more, :D.

And YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WRU My cookies!!!!!!!! ROFL!!

I know, some of you make thing, geeze, she is being so selfish just asking everyone to gratz her about her smoking and crap. And to be honest, yes.. yes I am being selfish, because stopping a horrible habit that was pretty much getting close to start killing me, (A few close members and friends know what was going on health wise that was due to the smoking) It's a pretty big accomplishment to just "Stop" doing it. I fell hella good about it, and I wanna be supported and gratz on it, so if I'm being selfish and that bothers you, sorry, don't mean to offend but..

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! L337 GRATZ TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:07 am

That rocks, Saphi! Giving up smoking is not at all easy, and you absolutely deserve congratses and low-calorie cookies for it! :D

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:09 am

low-calorie cookies

ROFL!! I wuv you Kahlyla! HAHAHA!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:16 am

fell hella good about it, and I wanna be supported and gratz on it

I know how you've struggled wanting to quit for a long time Saphi and I'm very very VERY proud that you're sticking with it!! You definately deserve to be congratulated & supported, WOOOOT go girl :) Anyone who's been a smoker knows it isn't easy...shoot just the other day I walked out of work & instinctually reached my hand into my purse as if I were going to light up. I was like "Awww, I don't smoke anymore...sadface...wait! happy face! /cheer"

This is after being smoke free for over three MONTHS! It isn't just a hard habit to kick physically, it really takes months of reprogramming old habits.

Hang in there hun, you're kickin' butt!

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

Postby Zoey » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:04 pm

Well Saphy, for all your hard work - I definately think some slogans are in order!!!

That's Handy, Harry! Stick It In The Non Smoking Saphy.
It's the Bright One, it's the Right One, that's Non Smoking Saphy.
I'm a Secret Non Smoking Saphy Drinker.
Don't Say Brown, Say "Non Smoking Saphy".
Probably The Best Non Smoking Saphy In The World.

There you go... Keep up the great work!
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:14 pm

HAHAHAHA!! That first one SLAYED Me!

Swarje_D
Whee!

Postby Swarje_D » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:41 pm

Well didn't actually make any official resolutions... just goals to strive harder for.
1st. To get off my ass and finish my degree.. I'm sick of doing a mules load of work and getting paid peanuts.
2nd. To stop smoking AGAIN, I've come to the conclusion... there is nothing worse for a man's health in this world.... than a woman.
3rd. Move to India and start training for my monk hood, wait damn no that won't work.... I'd have nowhere for my pc and everquest.... damn o.k. well it was a noble thought :P

Those are the closest I'm getting to resolutions this year.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:08 pm

India is where the jobs are too