The Past Should Never Be Forgotten

Moderator: Littlabit

trinne
Whee!

Re: The Past Should Never Be Forgotten

Postby trinne » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:54 am

This was well before you guys got into time, because i recall thinking when i first heard CN had made it to Time, that damn wish i had been there for all that! The boot thing i was told was before your current guild leader and it was common to get booted if inactive, this was told to me by a CN member I was grouped with bout a year ago, he was trying to convince me to rejoin CN as the current guild leader was much better, no idea if this is true or all BS, so....lol
/wave to Darklin and CN

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:09 pm

This was well before you guys got into time, because i recall thinking when i first heard CN had made it to Time, that damn wish i had been there for all that! The boot thing i was told was before your current guild leader and it was common to get booted if inactive, this was told to me by a CN member I was grouped with bout a year ago, he was trying to convince me to rejoin CN as the current guild leader was much better, no idea if this is true or all BS, so....lol
/wave to Darklin and CN

First off none of this matters and I am glad to see old guildies!

I am really confused here and think you must be thinking of another guild. I have been in CN almost since the start with only a couple short hiatuses. The only two guild leaders I have ever known was Wist and Jhereg...unless you count the extended period where Wist was technically the leader but AWOL. We may have gone through and cleared out people who have been inactive for multiple years, but I don't remember any period where such a short inactive period would have resulted in any negative repercussions.

Now if CN ever made me a guild officer I would boot people randomly based on how often they have sent me cookies...However they wisely do not and are sickeningly fair and non abusive of there power. I mean seriously what is the point in having power if you don't abuse it?

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:17 pm

any particular type of cookies?

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:49 pm

Not sure where all this is coming from or what officer would have told you that but we've never booted people for being inactive. We have people in guild that haven't logged in since 2003. Now in all fairness we probably should boot them since they're probably not going to log in again ;) but that is the opposite of our family guild philosophy and I'm wondering if you were/are recalling another guild with a similar name since in all the years I've been here (4.5) I've never ever seen that happen once.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:50 pm

Do any of you recall anything about a merger with shades of Glory at all?

Also, no we never merged with them. Were you from Maelin server or Vazaelle? Because if you are originally from Maelin you serioulsy have the wrong guild hon, we originated on Vaz & didn't move here utnil they combined servers.

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:59 am

I originated on Maelin and have never heard of those guilds mentioned: Vantage, Shades of Glory or Impending Disaster. /shrug I've only been around for 3.5 years so maybe they all disbanded before my time.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Balzzodar
Captain Canary Saves the Day!

Postby Balzzodar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:13 am

Vantage was a vaz. guild
"A pun is the lowest form of humor, unless you thought of it yourself." — Doug Larson

Balzzodar Dabard, Officer for Celestial Navigators
Facebook

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:35 am

Venthos ftw :D

As for 'mergers' I know we absorbed Vengeful Dragons and a good percentage or Order of the Open Hand, not too sure on others

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:06 am

Shades of Glory was a small time guild with a bunch of friends in it .. originally came from Vaz .. i happen to know a few that were in it before it disbanded due to everyone heading to EQ2 ... they never made it to the merger with Maelin .. lol everyone should have encountered one Vantage hateful or another at one point in Vaz life lol... so much like Faux Pas its scary ...

HUGS !
Sno

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:55 pm

NOOOOO!!!!! NOT VENTHOS!!!!

/em runs to a corner, and begins to rock back and forth yelling "I'ma Lemon!!! I'ma Lemon!!!"

Finamdar
Master of the BGR

Postby Finamdar » Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:56 pm

/hides from the people hunting former Vantage members with pitchforks and torches.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:55 am

I never had any problem with him

trinne
Whee!

Postby trinne » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:13 am

Seems peeps are taking offense i said i got booted from guild, wasnt meant to imply anything and if it did i apologise!, it was just a small part of the story, scratch i ever said that please- I have liked every CN member i've met up to date and think you're all a great bunch. I talked to Jhereg on sat night in tells for a bit, sounds like maybe some of the SoG peeps were just absorbed by CN (i guess merge was the wrong word to use) We figured that because my toons name was Trinne that maybe i was disbanded because a druid named Treene was in CN also and had left. Trinne prolly got removed in error due to similarity in names, thinking i was treene's alt, anyways no harm done, that has nothing to do with the post, was just mentioning some of us old Impending Disaster people were with CN for a short or long time, I believe seperoth (sp?) the mage is still with you guys?
anyways kick some butt CN and sorry for derailing your thread :)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:06 am

I was not offended in any way :D I just did not recognise the name and that sort of stuff bugs me (I like to think I know all you see evn though, in reality, I know very little) and yes Sep is still with us

Azurefox
Whee!

Postby Azurefox » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:26 pm

Greetings, CN :).

Life has been very busy for the Azurefox clan over the past few years, and I have been very grateful for the CN policy of not booting out the slackers. It is a great pleasure to be able to log in on once in a while and say hello to old friends. I imagine that eventually life will settle down to the point that there will be time to strap on a helm, pick up an axe, or a couple of tarnished longswords or something and head out into the world.

I'm not sure what harm it does to allow old folks to slumber in the various nooks and crannies of the guild hall while Time passes them by, and it does help keep the guild history alive...the names still present in the guild roster preserve a history of sorts.

And it gives people a home to come back to. Hats off to everyone for keeping this remarkable guild alive and well.

Best dwarven and elven regards to all old friends.

Azurefox Shadowguard for himself and his wife,
Luaine Azureshadow

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:35 pm

Always a pleasure to hear from you ;) Hope everything is well and thanks for the kind words :)

Hope to see you on sometime!
Silly

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:10 pm

Wow, nice to see you guys are still here and doing so well!
After I left CN I went to Eastern Alliance, japanese guild. Thier raid times were the same as my free time, due to me working nights. After a while of raiding 6 days a week, 8 hours a day, it got to be too much, so I quit for 3 years. But now, my fiancee (Kasandria in game) has talked me back into playing again.This game is totally different now, I'm a newbie again :lol: . Anyhow just wanted to stop in and say hi, lots of good memories with you guys back in the day! If you remember me and see me in game feel free to shoot me a tell :D .

Skuully
Gimp Shammy back from the dead!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:34 am

I remembers, and dont worry about being a gimp shammy I have been one of those for life :D

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:43 pm

Thanx Jaffod,

You all don't mind me lurking on your board here do ya? My guild doesn't have a message board (at least I can't find it), and I got so much stuff to catch up on, 3 years worth. I'm not trying to app or anything I'm way too little to join you guys now.
I can't remember how I left the guild, but I remember my son was getting in trouble and got booted (don't worry he's not back, I don't think his girlfriend would tolerate him playing LOL). Skin and I split around that time too, maybe that had something to do with it as well.
Anyhow, I hope I left on good terms.

Skuully

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:30 am

Hi, Skuully, its been a long time. I don't remember atm how you left, I think it was on good terms. Likely I'll remember after a week or something all of a sudden. How's your other son doing? I remember Sardaeen(sp?) and another younger one.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:48 am

Skully, I would say lurk away. We often have former members come back and say hi etc. Actually, when folks move on and/or quit EQ we usually make some reference to them poping onto the boards once in a while to say hi and stuff

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:58 am

bravesoul.. how could you forget :) good to see you again skull. tell brave . tandt and i said hello

edit.. ok my mind is not so great.. i have the wrong child with the wrong parent
Last edited by Littlabit on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! How are you all doing?
Bravesoul wasn't mine, Jhereg was right, Sardaeen was my oldest, and Sardaeenjr was my youngest (not sure on the spelling either). They are doing fine, the older one is 18 now and the younger is 12, my GF... er fiancee has a son too he's 13. The younger one watches me play sometimes, but mostly plays Halo 3 on xbox. The older one is too busy with his GF to bother (he walks by and shakes his head when he sees me playing EQ).
Jhereg, congratulations on becoming the guild leader, you definately deserved it!
Bit, are you and TandT playing EQ, EQ2, WoW, or LoN card game now? I'm confused (not that i'm ever not confused) trying to read thru the posts to figure it out.

Skuully

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:30 am

We are back in eq now. we came back nov 06 and are back with CN (our home) tandt loves the card game when he is sitting waiting on raid times or when we have nothig to do but I haven't gotten into it yet. We did try wow a few years back when it first came out but then quit and didnt play anything for about 15 mins and just did RL things such as camping and running around with the kids. Its good to be back and having fun.
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:20 pm

Littlabit wrote:We did try wow a few years back when it first came out but then quit and didnt play anything for about 15 mins and just did RL things such as camping and running around with the kids. Its good to be back and having fun

You sure squeezed a lot into that fifteen minutes.
Last edited by Ommina on Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added quote

Nyrial
Whee!

Postby Nyrial » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:18 pm

lol, I was thinking the same thing, but you need to do things fast when you have kids!

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:22 pm

umm that was supose to be 15 months !! that is what i get for tryin to multi task

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:14 pm

I didn't play any games when I left EQ, unless you count XBox 360. I started back playing disc golf hardcore again, running tournaments for the last two years... Sadly my disc golf game has been going downhill since I've come back to EQ, wonder why? Maybe it's the cold weather, not the large amout of time I spend on the computer now, yea yea that's it!! :lol:
I've tried the card game a little bit, I haven't played anything but the tutorial and scenarios. It's something to mess around with on patch days is how I look at it.

Skuully

Skuully
Whee!

Postby Skuully » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:42 pm

It was good seein ya in game again Bit! :D Brought back some old memories, made me a little homesick for CN too... I Wish I had had more time to hang out and chat with ya, but group was running off so I had to go. I'm eating my wheaties, and growing up, hopefully I'll get to play with more CNers as I get bigger.

Skuully

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:40 am

Hello again - just wanted to wave at a few more members that have checked in from the past - /wave to Skuully and Azurefox and Luaine :)

Yeah, it really is comforting knowing what good care they take of our home. I'm currently playing a little bit of Heroes of Might and Magic 5 and mostly Excel spreadsheets for Corporate Finance :)

I don't think I'd recommend that second game as it makes camping for VT shards seem like a lot of fun.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker