Moderator: Littlabit

Balinar
Whee!

Postby Balinar » Sun Dec 18, 2005 2:20 am

Hi all ,

Bal and I are still around . Hope you all well and having fun
*hugs and happy holidays!

P.S.

Jhereg wheres that application :lol: *hugs Jherg miss you ))

Dare

Pohl
Whee!

Postby Pohl » Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:31 am

Hi Dare and Bal

I joined CN...well it was long ago. I came in when we were doing raids on Naggy and Vox. I was in a small guild that didn't have the numbers to do raids of that caliber. I was invited to raid by a RL old pal of mine Lonehart. His guild Midsummer Knights, I think it was was absorbed into CN early on. I think at one time they were much higher than the average level of people, this is why I probably never ran with you guys when you were doing Commons or Befallen. After about 3 or 4 Naggy hits I decieded I better join CN so I could get an epic drop, as there were too many paladins after the books and I'd never get a chance to loot those items on a rott basis. I talked to Hunky (the original) and he invited me to CN. That was proably late 2001 by then the guild had absorbed a few other small guilds and was growing very fast, but we had a lot of turn-over.

Later Lonehart and I came up with an idea to make mages some of you may have run into my mage Gnobby that is guilded now. Lone decieded mage's had to many limitations and then made a necro. Later I made one also and we again leveled up our alts, kind of secretly. Lone's necro was named Lonetrah and he liked the class so much that he retired his paladin. I stoped leveling a while on my necro and he gathered some dust till we were in need of necros and then I leveled Drdeath up to about 60 and got him an invite into the guild.

Lonetrah did have a situation with Az in Plane of Sky but it didn't result in him leaving the guild. He stayed in CN for a while after that, it wasn't till our Alliance days that he quit. He didn't like the idea that we needed another guild to progress in POP. He wanted to earn it, to be proud that CN made it on our own thru POP progression. I could see where he was comming from but I was too commited to CN to leave like he did. After the big split with EoTD we ended up doing all those riads over and I gotta say it was sweeter to do it all on our own.

Lonetrah and his wife Kiara are in Sequal now and they enjoy being in a raiding guild. I asked him about comming back to CN but I don't think he will. We still group up alot and will camp some stuff now and then. I actually started EQ first and got him playing originally.

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:10 am

Sorry Pohl, soon as you got to PoP I remembered he'd stayed longer. I can't remember what made me think he left soon after, something about a fear raid seems to come to mind but I can't remember exactly. I think I got that somehow mixed with him leaving.

Roddingham
Whee!

OMG, lol, this post is a little late

Postby Roddingham » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:18 pm

Hi All,

Not sure anyone will ever see this late reply. I was googling my name (Roddingham) looking for a post I made in another game's official forum and saw this topic.

It's hard to believe it was over 5 years ago when I help found Celestrial Navigators. I believe it was I that wrote the founding statement "On this day in the Western Commons", maybe it's just the words still stir my heart when I think back on those days.

The core group had been playing together for weeks mainly in Befallen. The part about in "Western Commons" was just a factual statement as we had to gather there to show an in-game official we really had 10 seperate players wanting to form a guild. At least I believe that was why.

Bill (Wist/Gyff) was an excellent leader who devoted a lot of his personal time to the management of the guild. Later, once we had grown enough that external communication was needed I , Dan (Roddingham), created our first "website/forum" and learned a lot about HTML on the fly. Later when some of us were waining a bit Wayne (Vanidor/Jhereg) really was the heart of the guild and I can't say thank you enough to him for his devotion to CN. All the founding officers put a lot blood and sweat into the guild and it really was the best of times for all of us.

I really enjoyed CN and I am still proud that CN is still thriving and Wayne continues to keep the flame. I'm giving up some real names as it helps to remind me that there are real people behind the toons but don't be calling him "Wayne" in game, lol.

As for myself, I still play games on-line but stick to games that don't require long sessions. Currently I play Battlefield 2142 as "Roddingham". My wife and I have one child now and she is 20 months old. I hope everyone is well and in good health and even though I retired from EQ years ago now I still miss you guys and think of those days often.

Drop me a line at "Roddingham@gmail.com" if you want.

Roddingham

Sungsam
Whee!

Postby Sungsam » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:13 pm

WRU old Storm Legion peeps...

Storm legion was my first guild back in the day. My main was Conrack a necro and my alt was Calamius a lowbie paladin.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:57 pm

OMG RODDY!!!!!!!!!!! So good to hear from you, glad life is treating you well and congratulations/continued well wishes on your soon to be 2 year old

Keldinaar
Whee!

Postby Keldinaar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:56 pm

OMG, Rod!! It's great to hear from you again after all this time. I'll always have fond memories of the noble paladin who hit me up for binds outside the West Freeport gate a couple nights in a row and asked if I'd considered joining a guild. That was over 5 years ago now and I'll always owe you a debt of gratitude for giving me the chance to become part of the most awesome guild in EQ.

Congratulations on the addition to the family, it's great to hear you're doing well. Stop in and say hi more often....there's still a few of us around who knew you way back when and we'd love to hear from you!!

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:51 pm

Hi Roddy, didn't know about the baby so much belated Congrats :)

I'm another alumnae at this point (back in school) but it's truly amazing to see that everything you started is still going, and going so well. Really an amazing bunch of people and knowing a lot of the current members, I can say, you would love them all.
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Anareon
Whee!

Postby Anareon » Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:48 pm

/bump

guess who's back :P

Blade Dancer Anareon Sauvwa - 75 Lyricist
Celestial Navigators of Vazaelle

edit: i was in a hurry earlier. I remember pretty much everyone mentioned here. Celestial Navigators was my first real guild. I have many many fun memories of those days. It's been a long time since I was a member, but I've tried to keep track of yall. I'm glad to once again be a member of Celestial Navigators. Catch yall in game :)

Garathan
Whee!

Garwar

Postby Garathan » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:14 pm

jumpin jeewilikers thats alot of big names. love seeing my warrior Garwar on that list, hes such a noob :P

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:35 pm

So Open Hand was the Little Guild that Could...but wanted to do more. CN welcomed ALL OF US with open arms!

This might be a spoiler, but 500 years in the future, the folks at Order of the Open Hand basically return the favour :)

Hi guys! Still mostly playing accounting and spreadsheets rather than gaming! Do hope to see a bunch of you this summer in Toronto though.

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:09 am

lol T - look forward to seeing you in TO

Lachaise
Whee!

Postby Lachaise » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:14 am

OMG Roddy.

Congrats on the baby, I still remember me sending you tells about pally stuff cuz you simply knew it all (you and Jhereg must be twins separated at birth). Until really recently still was hopin that you would at some point pop back in the game...would have loved to return the favor on the last 5 expansions (the game has changed A LOT since you left).

Quite a blast to see all those names. The only one that really didn't mean anything to me was Tooth, must have switched to an alt or stop playing because I don't recall it at all.

See you guys soon.

PS: Yes OoTH did return the favour to many transfuges from CN to EQ2
Lachaise Flechedargent
70 Paladin
Officer and Sheriff
Celestial Navigators

Lappy
49 Enchanter

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:24 pm

Just wanted to say hi to Rodd as well and let him know Tandt and I are back :lol: Im glad we were able to return to CN and congrats on your baby !!!
Littlabit D'might 105 Cleric
GL of Celestial Navigators (Mushroom follower)
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Woldar
Whee!

Postby Woldar » Sun May 06, 2007 9:07 pm

Was going through old posts and found this great nugget.

I love the history of our family. Lots of familiar names. What is great with our guild is the spirit and culture has remained the same over the past several years. For those of us around from the early days its been great welcoming new members with the same beliefs. Being a family guide we make friends and keep the game in perspective.

We might not be a guild that raids every day, but we are a guild that likes to have fun. RL often takes many of us away for weeks or months at a time, but its great to come back and pick up where we left off.

Woldar

Aelent
Whee!

Re: The Past Should Never Be Forgotten

Postby Aelent » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:34 pm

/bump

it Sept 8th again

Wanted to say A job well done and now your 6 years old

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:51 pm

Congrats everyone and hi Aelent, nice to hear from you.

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:28 am

31 Littlabit Cleric 41 Dwarf Main

I was never a dwarf :|
and the sad thing is, I was one of the ones who kept the roster way back when

36 Silverraven Warrior 40 Barb Main

This is gemster !!!

When you look back you relize just how long people have been your friends, time has sure flown. Im very happy we came back to eq and Im glad we were able to come back to CN.
"Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly"

Sno
Whee!

Postby Sno » Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:26 pm

Congrats to all of you that have made this guild such a strong family of friends !

Happy 6th Birthday CN !

HUGS !
Sno

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:31 am

HUGS Aelent :) Miss you! :D

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:31 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CN!!! HUGS! :occasion9: :occasion6: :occasion5: :love2:
Ryana

Edhil
Mistress of the Wild in disguise!

Postby Edhil » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:52 pm

Happy B-Day CN!!. (((HUGS))) Ryana and Grizzy!!!!! Miss you both! :cry:
Mistress of the Wild in Disguise.....
Main - Lenvardar Nimloki, 105 Earthkeeper (Druid)
Alt - Edhil Morloki, 92 Huntmaster (Ranger) (Male toon, RL Female player)

Ryanakris
100% Pure luv

Postby Ryanakris » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:34 pm

Miss you too sweetie! Our DSL has been down for 2 weeks and we're going through withdrawals! HUGS ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((YOU))))))))))))))))))))))))))))! :love2:
Ryana

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:23 pm

Happy birthday you guys!

I'm another one that misses you all but still checks in on ya from time to time!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:15 am

/cheer Teory :)

Hope life is treating you well

Littlabit
Meanie

Postby Littlabit » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 am

I miss Teory :shock:

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:47 am

I miss Teory

Me too...but my aim is getting better.

:violent3:

trinne
Whee!

Postby trinne » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:44 am

Hey guys, was just bored at work and stumbled on this site and was reading this thread, Do any of you recall anything about a merger with shades of Glory at all? my memory is kinda fuzzy on it, If i recall i was in a guild called Impending Disaster and they merged with Shades of Glory, then soon after SoG merged with CN? but half the members of SoG went to Vantage. I may be wrong, but somehow i ended up as a member of CN for about a week lol... I joined CN with my cleric Trinne and probably my enchanter Daidre. I had some sorta problem or what have you and did not log in for 2 weeks, When i finally logged back in i was guildless, so i guess i got the boot for not logging in =/
Anyways i was almost a member of CN lol. I recogonize some of the names for sure, Lamborn in particular. i grouped with him alot, way back.
/cheers

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:01 am

I do not remember any merger like with a guild of that name and I have been around a fair while. I do nto think anybody has ever been booted from CN for inactivity, I can only think of one person who was booted period. Not sure I recall Lamborn either but I do have a couple of sizeable CN breaks so maybe this happened during that time?

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:47 am

We never absorbed Slaves of Glory. Are you sure you don't mean Storm Legion? And I've never removed anyone for lack of activity unless its like 2.5-3 years offline.

Did you used to play a druid?