Moderator: Littlabit

Qmaus
Whee!

Qmaus still kickin'

Postby Qmaus » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Hi everyone. Super-quickie update here.
1 - Miss you all very much
2 - Many thanks to both Hylea and Teory for the help
3 - Finished with insurance stuff. My flood insurance policy is giving us the maximum, and the homeowner's insurance is giving us ZERO (they only cover things above the waterline - 7 feet in our case - and that damage wasn't sufficient to overcome the deductible, according to the insurance adjuster.
4 - Once we finish receiving our final insurance money from the flood insurance, we'll be paying off the mortgage and then I have the daunting task of attempting to find someone to give me a decent price for the property my house was on (the house was damaged far too much by the hurricane flooding to be repaired or lived in again).
5 - All in all, it seems Terry and I will have lost about 60K USD in assets, but we will still be okay, just going to take alot of time for us to be back where we were.
6 - Still no internet at my parents' house in TN, and doesn't seem as if they are in any hurry to get it, so still no idea when I'll be back in game. I'm trying, though, i'm trying.
7 - Will be pretty busy in the next month. Besides the holidays, I'm still trying to find work, and also it seems my parents' landlord is putting pressure on them to get us out of the house, so now i'm also busy trying to figure out where Terry and I are going to live. The good news on that, however, is you can bet the sooner I find a place to live, the sooner I'll have internet and be back with you.
8 - If I wasn't limited on time, I'd say much more. Congratulations on Quarm and all your other recent victories. Hope to be back with you soon.

Tchien
Munkygurl

RE: Qmaus still kickin

Postby Tchien » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:26 pm

Good to hear from you Qmaus. You are dearly missed and will be welcomed back when you are able.

It is good to hear that you are in the process of recovering. Unfortunate that insurance companies tend to be soulless bloodsuckers who run away when it's their turn to pay you. Hugs!!

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

RE: Qmaus still kickin

Postby Jaffod » Sun Nov 27, 2005 4:52 pm

Glad to hear you are physically good Q.

As for insurance companies, is sad that the mafia probably does a better job at 'insuring' your assets

Terranya
Whee!

Postby Terranya » Sun Nov 27, 2005 10:23 pm

Sure hope all turns out well for you both Q, and that you'll be playing again really soon!

riggett
Whee!

Postby riggett » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:04 am

Good to hear from you Qmaus. Sorry about the insurance news. See you when you get back.

SpenSir
Lord, Lady, and the Dutchess!

Postby SpenSir » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:11 am

Hey Qmaus,

Elomar and Unikyte were just talking about you! Something about snuggle bunnies and fluffy bums...I will let you guess who called you what.

I cannot even imagine what you are going through. You are in my prayers and thoughts. So have you thought about where you might want to live from here out?

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Mon Nov 28, 2005 8:10 am

If nothing else, its good to hear you are alive and kicking...

Natural disasters happens, theres not much one can do about it.

Hope you and yours get everything up together and get a nice new place to live.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Hylea
Whee!

Postby Hylea » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:15 am

So Nice to hear from you Qmaus, just cant imagine what you're going thru. My thoughts and prayers are with you each day.

Hope to see you back in game soon. You are missed.

Hylea

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:14 am

Qmaus- our favorite Drag Rogue! I'm so glad to hear from you, thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear you're pulling through. I'll hold off on the inspirational quotes that make you slap your forehead & groan "ohhh jeezz Silly" & just let you know that we miss you very much & you're in our thoughts all the time.

Take care,
Sil

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:33 pm

Thanks for the update Qmaus, my blood pressure goes up when I think about insurance companies.

Good Luck on the job hunt and looking for a new home, and you need to know I never said anything about your fluffy bum.

Dips
Ankle Biter

Postby Dips » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:31 pm

Right on man, thanks for the update.

Sure miss having you around & looking forward to your return.

Hang in there Bro... Things will get better.

Xril
Whee!

Postby Xril » Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:57 pm

Qmaus! Great to hear from you...was really looking forward to chatting with you once I got into CN, but alass I finally come back and you're gone...

I'm very glad to hear you are physically well even though it seems like a heck of a lot of stress on your shoulders. I hope things continue to pan out though and you both are back on your feet as soon as possible. I can't wait to meet you in game and I'll be wishing you the best.

Man, insurance companies suck...
<center><a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1262727" target="top">Xril GoldenEel - Heyokah and Speaker for the Ancients</a></center>

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:10 pm

We do miss you and I know that there are about 100 of us that think of you often and send you good thoughts - pretty cool to have them warm hugs coming from that far and wide! As always, you take good care of yourself!

Teory
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Kahlyla
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Postby Kahlyla » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:34 am

We miss you Qmaus and look forward to seeing you slaughtering away with us again soon. We wish you all the best.

Zantetsuken
Iron Cutting Sword

Postby Zantetsuken » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:36 am

its good to hear from you Qmaus. I have been wondering about and keeping you in my thoughts. Sorry to hear about the dumb insurance companies. Hope to see you in game soon.
Lightbringer Zantetsuken
"Men in battle, do not need women. My love is my Sword!" - The Almighty Dekar from Lufia II
Axe Master Verige
"The weak only strive to be weaker." - Magus from Chrono Trigger

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 am

Glad to see your still alive and kicking Qmaus! I hope that your able to work everything out soon and come back online to see all of us, and for us to see you! You have been dearly missed my friend!