celestial navigators .org / vault-tek.com and you.

Moderator: Littlabit

Rendus
Nekoconeko

celestial navigators .org / vault-tek.com and you.

Postby Rendus » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:24 pm

Don't panic - The CN website is being moved to a new webserver. Until the domain information is updated, celestialnavigators.org redirects to vault-tek.com. Do not adjust your sets - We control the horizontal and the vertical.<BR><BR>Do not bookmark anything with vault-tek.com in the address, as the address will be changing AGAIN shortly.<BR><BR>The CNP link works strangely at the moment. Use <A HREF="http://www.vault-tek.com/cnp/listmembers.php?s=">THIS LINK</A> for CNP for the time being, please.

That's posted on the front page, as well. Now, to elaborate some.

The domain vault-tek.com is a personal domain of mine I'm redirecting everything to until I get the celestialnavigators.org domain pointed to the right servers. Don't bother bookmarking anything at the moment, as it's all going to change back to how it was supposed to be shortly, anyway.

Off and on, the previous host (HostGator) would either slow down or completely halt at random, for minutes to hours at a time. I complained repeatedly to them about this, but never did they take action. So, here we are, on a new host (DreamHost, specifically).

There are a couple glitches I'm working on fixing, such as the CNP news page redirecting to celestialnavigators.org, which in turn redirects back here. Hooray, eh? For now, use the temporary link above, and all will be well.

Sorry about any inconvenience this may cause, it's all temporary though.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

RE: celestial navigators .org / vault-tek.com and you.

Postby Rendus » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:58 am

And already I have issues with them. But they're much faster to respond to problems, so... We'll see.
<a href="">Test</A>

Zoey
Lost her panties... again!

RE: celestial navigators .org / vault-tek.com and you.

Postby Zoey » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:06 pm

It's so lovely of you to take care of all of this - farnarp, and thank you.
If you aren't living on the edge - you're taking up too much room

Zoey~

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:00 pm

Once it hit Valu-tek.com I got busted at work. Bang! "THIS SITE IS A GAME! DENIED!" :roll:

Oh well, whatever you do, Rend is cool with me. I can just read the boards when I get home. Keep up the good work.

Bobb

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:43 pm

Vault-tek is a reference to the Fallout series of games, so it's not suprising, I guess. Not something I anticipated though. It's temporary, I just need to get ahold of Geekjoker sometime to get him to move the CN domain to point to ns1.dreamhost.com ns2.dreamhost.com and ns3.dreamhost.com
<a href="">Test</A>

Katniah
Whee!

Postby Katniah » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:19 am

Like Zoey and the rest of us, I thank you for your hard work.

Kat~

Tsigoloeg
De Fault Winner

Postby Tsigoloeg » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 pm

Any changes to file hosting or does it still work as described in guild-only forum?

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:44 pm

At the moment, links are broken due to redirection. But it'll work properly once everything's back to normal (of course).
<a href="">Test</A>