Hurricane Wilma

Moderator: Littlabit

Zady
Whee!

Hurricane Wilma

Postby Zady » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:15 pm

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in. Hurricane Wilma did a serious number on my house and I have been without electricity since 8 a.m. Monday the 24th. Still no electricity, as a matter of fact... I'm at my in-laws' right now.

I'm hoping to transfer the important computer parts to this house and be able to log in soon (tonight if all goes well) We'll see how much the in-laws like my being online a lot at their house.

The damage done to my house is unbelievable.. even more unbelievable is the fact that insuranbce is so slow to do anything, and FEMA is even slower.

My roof is missing. Approximately 1/2 to 3/4 of my roof blew completely off of the house during the second half of the storm. ( I live in Palm Beach County and the eye of the hurricane went directly over me. ) Of course, it immediately began to leak water into my house. Every air conditioning vent, every crack in the ceiling began to leak water. I packed up the important things and let others get wet.

After the hurricane passed, I went to survey the damage.

My roof landed on one of our cars parked in front of the house (and that car will probably be a total loss). My next-door neighbor had tarp left in her yard from FEMA last year, so my husband and a friend covered what roof we had with tarp. I immediately started phoning FEMA and the house insurance. It took until Wednesday to actually get through to anyone. FEMA says they are doing the surveys by area and I have a tiny bit of a wait on my hands. My home insurance said an adjuster would call me within the next 10 days. The adjuster called me today, actually... to tell me he would call back in 2 weeks to set up an appointment to come look at my damage. ( Meanwhile any threat of rain will equal more damage to interior of the house ). The car insurance people will be out to look at the car damage within the next 3 weeks.

I did give my account info to a friend of mine earlier today and he told me what you said, Szork!

But hopefully, I will be able to log myself in later tonight (about 8 or 9 p.m. eastern ) provided my friend isn't going crazy running my ranger all over. =p

Miss you all very much and hope to be back soon! (I'll be at the in-law's here for probably a good month until the roof is done *sniff* )
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Dificeman
Whee!

RE: Hurricane Wilma

Postby Dificeman » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:26 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles :( .. Hopefully everything will work out with FEMA and your insurance thouigh. /hugs

Katniah
Whee!

Postby Katniah » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:35 am

I am so sorry to hear that Wilma caused so much damage Zady. I certainly hope you are able to get your roof fixed and the damage from water repaired within a reasonable amount of time. I am glad you are safe and have a place to live until repairs are done.

/hugs
Kat

Ediari
Whee!

Postby Ediari » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:44 pm

I was getting worried not seeing you in game. Glad to hear that you and your family are safe, Zady.

Ediari

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:59 pm

Small update:

My in-laws are driving me crazy. I had brought my tower and cable box thing from my house and managed to get connected here and logged into game on Halloween... of course, I then took my kids trick or treating to the 15 or so houses on this block.

My father-in-law decides that would be the perfect time to peek into the guest room (snoop) . When I got back in.. he decided to have a hissy fit that I unplugged my mother-in-law's tower and cable box to hook up my own. Omg he says... I was opening the door for them to be hacked!

as little as I know about computers.. they know even less.

Basically, my in-laws are upset at me and have banned me from using their cable lol. So, as soon as electricity is restored at my house (November 20th at the latest they are saying now) I will be moving back there roof or no roof and patiently awaiting the arrival of cable.
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..