Tribute Master

Moderator: Littlabit

Jazzar
Whee!

Tribute Master

Postby Jazzar » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:42 pm

Could someone provide me a link that explains how the tribute system works. I've read some on it but can not find anything that explains the window and what all the buttons mean. What happens when you opt in? Sorry for such a newb question but Kat and I have been away a while and there are so many new things to learn.

Jazzar

Tsekande
Klutzy Beastie

RE: Tribute Master

Postby Tsekande » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:42 pm

Jazzar, I was like you once, until I sought enlightment from Silly. She's a good instructor on the tribute system. I'd reckon others would know, but she's the one that got me squared away on that.
Tsekande Troublepouncer, 76 Vah Shir Beastlord
Henri Sootypaws, 26 Vah Shir Shaman
Dagrun, 24 Drakkin Magician
Nasrin, 17 Drakkin Monk

(Siggy under construction)

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:12 pm

Silly demands tribute ?

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:30 pm

There are 2 types of Tribute Masters. There is one for Guild, and 1 for personal. I hope the following rundown will answer most or at least some of your questions.

Guild:
Guild Tribute Masters can be found in the Guild Hall, and PoK. Anyone can donate items, to bump up the guild tribute, only officers can set the various tribute effects though. This is the Tribute Master at which you Opt In or Opt Out. If you are part of a guild, and Opted In, when an officer turns guild tribute on, you will receive the effects. If you are Opted Out, you will not. Therefore, it is important to Opt In should you belong to a guild which uses Guild Tribute (which CN does), as the Tribute they have set normally has effects that are useful (we use 150 HP/Mana/End, and a resist normally).

Personal:
Personal Tribute masters can be found in your HOME CITY. They will accept donations just like Guild Tribute Masters, except the effects you get are for you ONLY. And you get to choose which effects you would like to have on you. You can pick different effects, and raise or lower the level of the effect at the Tribute master. The higher the level, the better it is, also the more expensive. For every effect you have selected as on, it will charge you a certain number of tribute every 10 minutes. You can press "Alt-U" at anytime to view the effects you have on, how much tribute they are taking, how much tribute total you have, and how much longer until you are charged again. You can also turn them off or on from this screen.

A note on donating items:
No Trade items cannot be turned in for tribute, except certain drops from OoW. I'm not sure if any No Trade from later exapnsion can be turned in, I have no tried, but I know No Trade items from expansions that came before OoW, you can not donate. Donating an item, is as easy as selecting the item in your inventory, and clicking the donate button on the Tribute master's screen. It will show you how much tribute your donation is worth before doing so, so you can decide if you really want to do it. Also 1 plat is worth 1 tribute, but that isn't always true of items. Sometimes you can find items that drop that are worth very little to vendors or in the Bazaar but are worth good amounts of tribute, experiment and see!

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:13 am

Well Fuddara covered the basics :) I'd like to add that anyone who passes me in Guild Tribute donations receives spankins'. Perhaps this is why I'm fighting to regain first place with Skratz & Pallistious on a regular basis. In fact, Skratz is due for some cleric punishment asap!

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:16 am

Personal Tribute masters can be found in your HOME CITY.

Is there a personal tribute master in the guild hall now too? I haven't really used any personal tribute - might be a good idea for my recent soloing in Draniks binge for a Damage Shield if that's an option?
Teory Yitelar<br>Venerable, Veritable Mischief Maker

Ommina
Whee!

Postby Ommina » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:41 am

Teory wrote:
Personal Tribute masters can be found in your HOME CITY.

Is there a personal tribute master in the guild hall now too?

No - home city only.

When tribute was first added (I mean, other than tribute to Silly), you had to return to the city Tribute Master every time you wanted to turn the tribute buffs on. (Off could still be done remotely.)

Later, they changed the mechanics and enabled the player to both start and stop the buffs from anywhere, which is significantly more convenient.

Still, to actually tribute items or define what buffs you want, you need to head to the 'ole home town to do so.

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:54 am

Thanks Ommina. Anyone ever seen a listing of what tribute benefits there are and their costs?

Bobbert
Whee!

Postby Bobbert » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:28 am

I had this in my favorites from a long time ago and it is still up and running. This from the Necro Realm web site.

Personal tribute Walkthrough

(In the lower right hand of the bottom coner you will see "goto next page". Follow this through the process and you will see all benefits)

Not sure if anyone has a better place for farming tribute, but I like Sirens Grotto. Pain is the ass to get to, but the drops are nice. Someone from CN suggested it to me (Cannot remember who at the moment, but I think it was Aubrianna). I was pleasantly surpirsed that you could in fact farm 30K in tribute over a couple hours. Most Kelp drops go for 1-2K and some Leather MNK/BST/DRU legs drop there that give back fro 7500. As well, a range item drops that is 5K I think. Most mobs are light blue to level 70. A DB con mob every once and a while. I just stick with the Bulthorks (sp?) and walrus looking things. All in all, I have farmed 100K from there in tribute for all of my boxes.

My next endeavor is to max the GUILD Tribute and put Silly, Skratz and Pallis out of business. =)

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:06 pm

You can also turn them off or on from this screen.

Here is what I am confused about. I thought you have to talk to the tribute master in order to active the benefits. This is why I have never used it. I remember trying it for the first time. I activated a few benefits in Felwith, by the time I arrive to my camp, waiting for everyone to get there safely, I have already wasted 30-40 minutes of my favor points.

Now, if I can turn it on and off whenever and wherever, it would be a totally different story. Can someone please clarify this for me? (Sorry if this is a stupid question. :P)

Kay

Teory
Post Count Kin... Queen

Postby Teory » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:11 pm

Hehe, you WERE right, but they changed it so that you can turn it on and off in the field.

Kayrian
Clueless Mage

Postby Kayrian » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Teory wrote:Hehe, you WERE right, but they changed it so that you can turn it on and off in the field.

Darn it! :) Don't tell me they changed it a week after I gave up! How come I was not informed? No one from Sony called me up about this issue. I might have to sue them for my pain and suffering.

Kay