Patch notes, patch notes, rolly polly patch notes..

Moderator: Littlabit

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Patch notes, patch notes, rolly polly patch notes..

Postby Rendus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:44 am

October 12th, 2005

*** Headlines ***

A new edition of the city newspapers is hot off the presses. See your local Town Crier!

Lesser Faydark and Mistmoore Castle have been returned to their previous states.

*** Missions ***

- The mission, Brownies of Doom, has been made easier. We will continue to monitor this mission to see if it remains too difficult or too long.

- A character that is out of the instance when one of the five “Curse of Blood” raids is completed can get their “flag” and AA by zoning back in before the instance shuts down. There was a bug with the mechanism that handed out the AAs in this case and that has been fixed. The “flag” was being given out properly on zone in.

*** Quests ***

- Many of the guests of Dreadspire were very easily satiated. Their hunger has grown and they can be fed more often.

- Ergrez Shortpaw in Iceclad now asks for Fatty Walrus Meat instead of Walrus Meat.

- There are reports of bandits robbing the Cargo Clockwork in Steamfont. Speak to Jarah in Ak`Anon to find out about the Cargo. (Cargo Clockwork’s quest should now work properly)

*** Spells ***

- Shield of Dreams is now a 451 pt. rune

- The triggered effect caused by Fickle Shadows will now only effect spells which do not have a duration. I.E. instant direct damage spells.

- The charges on the mage summoned Sphere of Air have been increased to 5. The spell that summons this item has also had its mana cost increased.

- The ATK bonuses for Ward of the Hunter, Howl of the Predator, and Strength of the Hunter have been replaced with Double attack bonuses.

*** AAs ***

- The casting times on several of the wizard AA familiars have been removed.

- Dragon Punch has been changed to a physical resist check, it should now be resisted less often.

*** Items ***

- The worn damage shield cap has been increased from 15 to 30.

- The following augmentations now have solvents: Stone of Focused Rage, Heart of Darkhollow Wilds, Darter Stone and Solidified Shadow Spine Magical Taint.

- The Illsalin Royalty Garment now has the click effect of Shield of Auras.

- The Shiliskin Good Luck Charm will now yield a lower max value.

- Pristine Illsalin Stonecraft Mask now has +3 regen and mana regen instead of Composure.

- The Berserker Epic 1.5 and 2.0 effects have been modified. They now increase crit rate, strength (and strength cap), and regen health for the duration of the effects.

*** NPCs ***

- Entalon in the burning woods will now take you to his master on completion of his quest.

- Though she has lived in Neriak since she was born, Ungia has decided to move to Grobb to follow the customer base she acquired during the troll exile.

- Graktar in Iceclad is waiting for a letter from Vkjor in Kael Drakkal.

- Earthcaller Stones should now appear in Shadeweaver's Thicket. This is related to a quest from Captain Karim.

- Sentry Kedra Kai of Shadeweaver’s Thicket will now reward players for adventuring into the Paludal Caverns.

*** Tradeskills ***

- Alchemists no longer automatically throw a tantrum and destroy the small vials used to make some potions if they fail to make the potion.

- Scrindites Mechanoinstruction Reader should now work as described in the book.

- The page needed to make the Unfired Scrindite’s Holepunch Mold has been moved from Poxysmit’s Book to Scrindite’s Book.

- Potters Unite! There are new culturally inspired charms made using the pottery skill. Consult the merchants that sell the culturally inspired books for a new book.

- Refined high quality ore can now be converted between block, large bricks and small bricks.

*** UI ***

- A done button has found its way back onto the Merchant Window.

Note: The updated UI that is currently on test will be pushed live in the next few weeks.

*** Leadership Points ***

- You will no longer lose leadership points if you are shrouded much lower than your regular level and you gain enough leadership experience to gain another point.

*** Atlas ***

- Depths of Darkhollow has been added to the atlas.

*** Miscellaneous ***

- The AC cap has been increased for bards levels 50+.

- The return on AC over the cap has been increased for clerics levels 50+.

- The EverQuest Team

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

RE: Patch notes, patch notes, rolly polly patch notes..

Postby Siderius » Wed Oct 12, 2005 5:47 am

Best thing ever !!! Mistmoore is back ... prolly because so many ppl used abbrevation MM for monstermissions and it really means Mistmoore and the SoE didnt get it so now Mistmoore is back.. this makes me very very happy.

Aswell wizard familiar has been changed to instant cast (before only the dmg focus familiar was instant, now I think all AA familiar is). This means its easier to change between 10mana regen familiar and the different focus familiars $$

And Teory here's your maps from the Atlas :)
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)
[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
-- Stephen Roberts

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:03 am

- The ATK bonuses for Ward of the Hunter, Howl of the Predator, and Strength of the Hunter have been replaced with Double attack bonuses.

This annoys the heck out of me. I liked seeing my attack in the 1800-1900 range without having to beg for Fero/Champ/FA. That is no longer possible, since these two buffs made up in the neighborhood of 220ish atk.

I guess the increase in Double Attack on these will have to be parsed, to see if it's a nerf or an upgrade in DPS. Also wondering if they stack (they still stack it appears, but do the double attack bonuses from them stack, making a total of 50% increased chance to double attack?). If not, Hunter just became useless, as all it adds is 155HP, assuming you have Predator on. It doesn't stack with BBB OR SV which both add *more* HP, and SV even adds atk.

I guess only time will tell if I stop bugging Rangers for Hunter, and start bugging beasts for SV...

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:24 am

The ATK bonuses for Ward of the Hunter, Howl of the Predator, and Strength of the Hunter have been replaced with Double attack bonuses.

From lucy Str of Hunter:
1: Increase Double Attack by 23%
2: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1155
4: Increase Max Hitpoints by 155

Howl pred:
Increase Double Attack by 27%
3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is effect 'ATK' and < 1000

here is SV:
1: Increase ATK by 52
2: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'ATK' and < 152
3: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 1003
4: Increase Max Hitpoints by 280

Fudd:
Also wondering if they stack (they still stack it appears, but do the double attack bonuses from them stack, making a total of 50% increased chance to double attack?)

i am curious as well if howl and hunter's double attack effects would stack.

Goofydoofy
Ride a cowboy, save a horse

Postby Goofydoofy » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:38 am

I don't see anything about them nerfing Monster Missions!!
Level 105 Druid, Level 105 Enchanter, Level 105 Paladin
Drinal - Maelin Starpyre Server

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:50 am

I don't see anything about them nerfing Monster Missions!!

They dont care to mention most of the stuff they do... bad documentation. They would all fail in my computer programming courses.

And for the double attack thingy is prolly a great idea. Since the diminishing return from ATK after certain values 1800 to 2k makes the extra ATK nearly worthless. So atleast for the well geared ppl this change is upgrade in DPS.
[75 Wildblood] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=666907">Tarjei</a>(Iksar)

[75 Grand Arcanist] <a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=664788">Siderius</a> (Gnome)

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

-- Stephen Roberts

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:03 am

OMG OMG OMG

per LUCY:
SA now costs 900 mana
SD 800
SP 700
SR 550
SL 200

All but SL have had duration uncreased to 72 minute base up from 45 min. SL is still 45 min

To SA a full raid by group now costs 10800 mana.
No moer handing out SA like its cheap.
/ooc 2 hour SA by main bank 200pp!

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:19 am

Hehe.. A single Conviction costs a cleric 1300 mana, 3125 for a group ;)

But 900 out of a BL's manapool still hurts quite a bit. Do what I do, and tell people to die less ;)
<a href="">Test</A>

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:22 am

On an additional note:

Divine Aura:

Changed Timer from 1 to 15 - Huh?
Changed Recast Time from 900.0 seconds to 901.0 seconds - ZOMG nerf!
<a href="">Test</A>

Saphirone
Whee!

Postby Saphirone » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:38 am

HAHAHAHA!! Welp, Your gonna have to wait that extra second to cast that bad boy ow, BWAHAHAHAHA!
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Skratz
Almost as hot as Diz!

Postby Skratz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:48 am

But 900 out of a BL's manapool still hurts quite a bit

its not that really. 900 mana isnt much to me (7k unbuffed pool). but when 8 people die between 5 groups, and I have to spend 4500 mana. thats where its bleh.

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:31 am

Yeah like Rend said...conviction, 1300 mana, I don't wanna hear it Skratz :) Try buffing a raid with that :shock: THANK Tunare I finally got that group spell.

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:18 am

Hehe.. I remember when I was the only one in guild with it...

/me twitches.
/me *explodes*
/me should sleep before raids.. And actually show up this time.
<a href="">Test</A>

Silly
The blond sage

Postby Silly » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:47 am

Hehe.. I remember when I was the only one in guild with it...
UGH we had some of those raids. About 8 months ago our raid size was significantly smaller, but at the same time, I was often the only Convictioning cleric...

and THEN there was always those nerds that wouldn't put up their junk buffs first, wait until I give them conviction, THEN click it off and say "Oh hit me again please, I don't want that in my first spot"

...and then Szork spamming "Are you ready to go YET?" and me going "Sure if you think I can heal with 2m...."

LOL- the good ol' days!
"there is no doubt that you are a geek, you just also are in possession of a life" - Jaffod

Dranorth
Whee!

Postby Dranorth » Wed Oct 12, 2005 10:55 am

/lurk

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:52 pm

and THEN there was always those nerds that wouldn't put up their junk buffs first,

Or me who would end up clicking it off trying to see what the buff was or how much longer i had on it.

Now I try to be a bit more consderate and only ask for rebuffs during slow times, like when engaging a boss.
/autoattack on
/afk
/t silly hey I just noticed I lost conviction, could you throw one my way!
/t saphirone Can you refresh haste for me?

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:50 pm

Saphirone for haste... thats new to me. Gogo WIZARD haste $$

-- Stephen Roberts

unikyte
Princess

Postby unikyte » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:49 pm

UNINTENTIONAL CRUELTY?

:smt021 :smt021 :smt021 :smt021
I have had the MOST annoying song stuck in my head for 3 hours because of your topic title.

I didnt think anyone else in the world knew of that terrible terrible brain hijacker song
:stop: :stop: :stop: :stop: :stop:
:tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard: :tard:

AHHHHHHRRGGGG HELP ME !!!

Cruz
Whee!

Postby Cruz » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:54 pm

Looks like the MMs will be fixed soon enough.

http://eqforums.station.sony.com/eq/boa ... .id=207472

Just to be clear, the Poisoned Flounder mission was never intended to be completed by one person. I've made a few changes on Test that should prevent this from happening, and those changes will be pushed live soon. Hopefully that will clear a few things up.

Xenaida-Dev
EQ Designer

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:52 pm

Hehe.. There we go. I figured they'd do SOMETHING.

I suspect it'll still be winnable by boxers, but not by 1 person with 5 AFKers latched onto them.

.... Eat 'em up, yum!
<a href="">Test</A>

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:40 pm

Discussion on the Safehouse boards about the changes to the ranger spells: http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/show ... hp?t=20894

I'm on-line right now, messing around with nest missions. In over an hour of playing, I have not single attacked one time on a pierce, slash, nor backstab.

It's a huge bonus. And, I've gotten confirmation from Zajeer that Pred and Hunter do not stack.

Enjoy it until it's nerfed.

and
More stacking fun. Howl blocks Spirit, but not the reverse ;)

Spirit [of the Predator] + Howl + SV ftw

122atk, Fero9, & 280hp.

Though that line about Hunter and Predator NOT stacking seems to contridict other info. As he says enjoy it until it gets nerfed, meaning it currently does stack? And the ranger self-buff Ward of the Hunter (which is supposed to just combine all the buffs they can cast into one self-only buff) shows a 50% increase in Double Attack. Which is what Hunter and Predator give if the bonuses stack.

Ward of the Hunter

Slot Description
1: Increase Damage Shield by 45
2: Increase Double Attack by 50%
3: Increase AC by 49
4: Increase Max Hitpoints by 165
5: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 4 is effect 'Max Hitpoints' and < 2165
6: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 1 is effect 'Damage Shield' and < 2045
7: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 3 is effect 'AC' and < 2150
8: Stacking: Block new spell if slot 2 is effect 'ATK' and < 2170

So really confused now, going to wander off to the Sony boards in a bit, and see if there is any real info from the Devs themselves, instead of second-hand info.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:02 am

Though that line about Hunter and Predator NOT stacking seems to contridict other info. As he says enjoy it until it gets nerfed, meaning it currently does stack? And the ranger self-buff Ward of the Hunter (which is supposed to just combine all the buffs they can cast into one self-only buff) shows a 50% increase in Double Attack. Which is what Hunter and Predator give if the bonuses stack.

Thats easy to explain.. if you get one buff then the other will be blocked. But if you get the other first you can get the first buff without problem. So they stack one way, but not the other.

Ward of the Hunder is a self buff and they always tend to be better than what you can buff others. I wonder tho how this will affect ranger tripple attack ability?

So typical SoE giving melee YET another DPS upgrade and making the melee vs caster gap even bigger than its already is. Being 1/4th of rogue dps and half of warrior DPS isnt very fun...

-- Stephen Roberts

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:57 am

Actually doing further reading on it, apparently the comment "Enjoy it until it's nerfed" means more the %s these spells are giving is likely to be nerfed. Since preliminary parsing is showing a ~22% increase in sustained DPS. 22% from 1 buff! That is HUGE for high end stuff, in the neighborhood of 100 sustained DPS increase for rogues/zerkers, and 60ish for rangers, likely 50ish for warriors.

Self buffs are supposed to be better, I agree. Though the ranger self buff has always been better only in that it takes up 1 buff slot as opposed to 3, it has otherwise always been exactly the same as having those 3 seperate buffs on them. But now it's TWICE as good... No. 50% is enough with even a low amount of AAs, and NO worn Fero, to max a rangers double attack percent. They are hitting 99-100% double attack right now. That bumps their triple attack chance up hugely as well.

While everyone else out there gets a 27% increase in double attack. 27% of 85 (max double attack chance with max DoD AAs, and Fero 5 focus) will still give 100% chance to double attack. So for ubers who have access to the high end foci, they will still get 100% chance to double attack. For someone with no Fero focus and a low amount of AAs, they will be seeing in the range of 86% double attacks (from 68%). Still a nice upgrade, I do have to say. It also helps warriors and monks with their triple attack chances, increasing their DPS even more.

So yes, Melees get a nice DPS boost with this, it's likely *too* nice and will be nerfed. I really wish they used the Test server for you know... testing! But it was an easy way to make ranger buffs more useful (they were useless? You could have fooled me, I loved um before), and give all melee a DPS boost. It's not as easy to help caster DPS. I mean you don't have double cast or triple cast that can be bumped by changing a spell. I mean really what can they do to make your sustained DPS higher without throwing your burst way out of whack?

But, the last thing I want to do is turn this into another caster vs melee DPS discussion, since you seem to have plenty of those going on elsewhere.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:22 am

I mean you don't have double cast or triple cast that can be bumped by changing a spell. I mean really what can they do to make your sustained DPS higher without throwing your burst way out of whack?

Thats actually easy! Giving me sustained DPS without changing Burst is just upping the mana regen... maybe making it softcap so the 20FT I have over cap would say count as 10FT setting me at 43unbuffed mana regen instead of 33.

Since I have the same spells and the same cast times my burst isnt changed, but my sustained will be better.

Other things that have been discussed is some strikethough for casters.. so if a spell would be resisted we have a % chance to land it anyway. Which would also work on partial resists, making them a % chance to land for full. This would up our DPS abit, and against certain mobs in MPG (huvul guys) I wouldnt be doing next to no damage.

There is many other things they could do.. as it stands something is
needed.

since you seem to have plenty of those going on elsewhere.

Ofcourse I have them everywhere I can, either for someone to prove me wrong. Or for SoE to actually remedy some of the problems.

-- Stephen Roberts

Vortecks
Whee!

Postby Vortecks » Thu Oct 13, 2005 4:50 am

would be nice if soe further reduced agro from casters, giving them the chance to really nuke some stuff, with out pulling a ton of agro from us wussy tanks... It would be nice to have wizzy dps all through the fight, instead of having to wait for the mob to get down to XX% in fear of pulling agro off tank to early ......

just a thought..
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=717697">Vortecks 75 Shaman</a> <i> Uber Alt Twink </i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1141910">Ashlarus 75 Warrior</a> <i>The tank formerly known as Big Red</i>
<a href="http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=1248958">Viencent 73 Ranger</a> <i>Retired again</i>

Fuddara
Still floating about

Postby Fuddara » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:25 am

Wizard DPS being so low has little to do with not being able to nuke from the start, but in lack of having infinite mana. Unless the pulling is relatively slow, a wizard nuking for sustained DPS can only nuke so much before they go OOM. Mages, and druids are the same way. So if they get to nuke earlier, it doesn't nessecarily mean they get to nuke more, as they still have to watch their mana consumption.

Though I do have to say these new spells should more aggro for warriors! It's a side effect I never really thought about till now. Having a higher double attack rate = a higher triple attack rate as well. And I imagine a higher flurry rate to, I think? Really not sure how flurry works. But anyway, this means you take more swings, generating more aggro. Every swing generates hate, even if it misses, I beleive it just creates a bit more when you actually do damage. Even though it's not going to be a huge increase, and it may not even make a noticible difference, every little bit helps. :P

Rendus
Nekoconeko

Postby Rendus » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:30 am

Siderius wrote:
since you seem to have plenty of those going on elsewhere.

Ofcourse I have them everywhere I can, either for someone to prove me wrong. Or for SoE to actually remedy some of the problems.

But so many of them are in private forums here ;) I've yet to see a Sony-issued IP address hitting our forums in the logs either, for that matter.

Siderius
Kim Son Quang

Postby Siderius » Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:40 am

But so many of them are in private forums here I've yet to see a Sony-issued IP address hitting our forums in the logs either, for that matter.

Hehe well if you read SoE and graffe forums you will find enough there aswell. So it does get to their attention. If they chose to act on it or not is another matter tho.

Aswell Its mainly to fix wrong notions about casters (not just wizzy) sustained DPS.

-- Stephen Roberts

Quait
Whee!

Postby Quait » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:46 am

Shaman have been waiting for many years for them to fix our dps issues do to insaine amount of agro, while its a little better now, i wouldn't consider us still limited to about 40% of out potential Fixed...

Happy Waiting Sid :D