Away from EQ to Salvage Apt and find a new place to live.

Moderator: Littlabit

Zyton
Whee!

Away from EQ to Salvage Apt and find a new place to live.

Postby Zyton » Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:12 pm

As mentioned before logging tonight, my apartment took severe damage from hurricane Katrina and it was tentatively condemed by the building inspectors earlier today. I will be away from EQ to salvage my belongings and board at a friends house in Mobile, AL. I would love to stay at my parents and play EQ even with dial-up, but I have to get back to work.

Trust me, I am excited about PoTime and will attempt to get back as soon as I have internet established and a computer if mine functions.

If for any reason someone would want to play my character boxed, I could maybe arrange this. Though, got the the time flag tonight and hope to be back up ASAP... who knows, I may even make the next raid. Just uncertain until I dig through everything. I think the major part of the damage is that the ceiling collaped to the floor - mostly plaster and sheet rock from being water logged from roof damage. *sigh* At least I wrapped everything in thick plastic.

Will miss you all! Godspeed to my EQ return!
Zyton

Saphirone
Whee!

RE: Away from EQ to Salvage Apt and find a new place to live

Postby Saphirone » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:15 pm

Godspeed indeed hun. I will keep you, and of course, all others that were affected by Hurricane Katrina, in my thoughts and prayers.
Saphirone the Noble Lady
Retired Wizard Officer of Celestial Navigators -EQ1 (Or am I?)
Qarma Jenkins
Retired Officer of Nocturnae -WoW
Saphirone/Qarma/Qarmia
Retired Loudmouth Officer of Ecliptic Sol -EQII

Jaffod
Postcount Whore

Postby Jaffod » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:06 pm

I look forward to grouping with you when you are on a real connection (that zoning time was brutal)

Jhereg
Whee!

Postby Jhereg » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:15 am

Good luck with the recovery and move, i hope it goes smoothly for you.

Zyton
Whee!

WOOT - Good news

Postby Zyton » Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:06 pm

Back in action!!! Much thanks to my co-worker/close friend and his wife. They are letting me move in for few months or more until I can buy a house in Mobile, Al. No worries about dial-up anymore - cable internet network here! Plus my good computer made it! I will probably be on for only the raids until I get more setup with all the changes in my life.

My apartment was really trashed and unsuitable for even rats. Even though the drywall from the ceiling all fell onto the floor and mildew was everywere, 90% was salvaged. Good thing I wrapped everything important in thick construction plastic before I evaced. I always felt stupid doing it cause nothing ever happened and it took 4 to 7 hrs to prep my belongings before a hurricane. Even my local friends made fun of me. Well, I do not have renters insurance... hate supporting insurance companies, since they never pay up fully for a widespread disaster or go bankrupt because it.

If anyone wants to hear more about it, I am more than willing. I just need to get back to work now. Tons to do. Trying to save my clothes from mildew.

C'ya soon,
Zyton

Pohl
Whee!

RE: WOOT - Good news

Postby Pohl » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:48 pm

Glad everything worked out for ya Zyton. Sounds like one of those "I told you so.." situations, but its hard to say that to someone who lost more than you did. Hope you will be on your own feet soon, cya in game.

Zady
Whee!

Postby Zady » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:32 pm

Hi Zyton!

Glad you made it out of there safely, and with 90% of your things intact. You are very fortunate for that. As for you wrapping things in the past....
it's always better to have done it and not needed it... than to have needed it and not done it.

Looking forward to getting to know you in game soon =)
Be well !
Kattia - 73 Berserker
Zady - 80 Ranger -semi-retired
Serinae - 72 Enchanter - retired on that other account..

Venayven
Whee!

Postby Venayven » Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:56 am

WOW ! ! That is cool .. Plastic ROCKS .. errr wraps .. hehe anyhow great to hear ya faired .. fairly well . sux about the apartment , But at least you got your belongings . Nice thinking there by the way .. Good luck on getting reestablished and glad you're safe .. see ya soon bro ..